Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he has a point.

It'll take me a while to warm up to Yeo as an Eagle.

Clearly when a club loses a number of players to homesickness something is wrong. From the rumours going around they were not supporting these kids like they should have. If you don't look after players welfare then you can't blame them for leaving.

Clearly when a club loses a number of players to homesickness something is wrong. From the rumours going around they were not supporting these kids like they should have. If you don't look after players welfare then you can't blame them for leaving.

For mine the fact that Hanley and Rockliff felt the need to speak up at all when Longer and Yeo haven't made unnecessary remarks speaks volumes about the club's culture.

If they're going behave like that, why would you want to stay there?

Collingwood flew Acres to Melboune, put him up at the Crown and gave him a tour of the club etc. Pretty sure he won't be there at 11. Explains why Collingwood wouldn't give up pick 10.

If Sheed goes before 10 they know we'd take Acres so they've eliminated that risk. Personally I don't think he will be gone. I think Brisbane will take one of Kade Kolod/McCarthy or possibly Scharenberg (if HE slides) and I can't see Melbourne looking past one of Salem/Freeman if they're available.
Wouldn't read into that very much. Someone at my work knows him too. Says that every club he has had interviews with. Got flown over to watch the GF by his manager and visited most clubs while over there. So not just a Collingwood thing.

If clubs arn't having meetings / interviews with all the top 20 or so then they arn't doing their jobs right.

I'll assume based on your posting history you're taking the piss

Haha, sorry, not this time.

I resent when players change clubs purely to play in their home state after their first contract. It's beginning to set a worrying trend throughout the league.

I also think Yeo comes across as a bit of a knob but then again I said the same thing about Wellingham 12 months ago and now look at my DP so clearly I'm a dickhead. :p

Haha, sorry, not this time.

I resent when players change clubs purely to play in their home state after their first contract. It's beginning to set a worrying trend throughout the league.

I also think Yeo comes across as a bit of a knob but then again I said the same thing about Wellingham 12 months ago and now look at my DP so clearly I'm a dickhead. :p

Haha come on man, these are pro's, we're not talking suburban football now
:p

With the picks from 43-49 being:

SELECTION 43 - WEST COAST:
SELECTION 44 - SYDNEY:
SELECTION 45 - PORT ADELAIDE:
SELECTION 46 - ADELAIDE:
SELECTION 47 - NORTH MELBOURNE:
SELECTION 48 - GWS:
SELECTION 49 - WEST COAST:

Is there a chance that we think Sydney, Port, Adelaide, NM or GWS were targeting the player we had in mind for 49? That might be one reason for us trading for 43 even if we have no intention of taking 4 players in the draft.

We shouldn't complain as we all felt the same when Judd left.
I can certainly have a go. I don't mind when players want to return home. I do mind when the captain and leader of your club abandons it when the club's on its knees. He accepted the captaincy and hence extra responsibility. He shirked his responsibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

With the picks from 43-49 being:

SELECTION 43 - WEST COAST:
SELECTION 44 - SYDNEY:
SELECTION 45 - PORT ADELAIDE:
SELECTION 46 - ADELAIDE:
SELECTION 47 - NORTH MELBOURNE:
SELECTION 48 - GWS:
SELECTION 49 - WEST COAST:

Is there a chance that we think Sydney, Port, Adelaide, NM or GWS were targeting the player we had in mind for 49? That might be one reason for us trading for 43 even if we have no intention of taking 4 players in the draft.
That player is D Garlett. Bookmark it, and it's North who were interested in him, the others not sure about, but we want him, Vozzo even indicated it, we will take him at 43 if available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That player is D Garlett. Bookmark it, and it's North who were interested in him, the others not sure about, but we want him, Vosso even indicated it, we will take him at 43 if available.

I doubt that Essendon will let Garlett drop to pick 40+ considering their handicap this year. Theres a fair chance that its pick 31 or say bye bye. (if at all considering they start at pick 26).

I mean Garlett's indiscretions pale in comparison to Essendon's current predicament so they'd be stupid not to take the risk.

When did he indicate it?

Garlett is a big risk but oh do we need a player like him in our team so much..
Vozzo on Garlett:

“He’d be on every recruiter’s draft board, there’s no doubt he’d be on ours,” Vozzo told Trade Radio on Thursday.
“The way he plays, he’s a top ten draft pick there’s no doubt.
“There’s plenty of debate to be had before the national draft, but he’s certainly on the draft board.
“He’s got extraordinary talent, but obviously there’s been other issues with Dayle which would probably push him out.
“It’s the degree of risk clubs are prepared to take.”
Source: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-10-18/yeo-close

We must be using pick 49 as well right? Otherwise why would we give up our 3rd round pick compo for a 6 pick upgrade? Any theories people?

If im doing this right the spooners 3rd rounder next year would be 36 (essendon don't get a second rounder only an end of first). If collingwood finished the same as they did this year (8th) We would have ended up with pick 46. Surely thats better to have in next years draft than a 6 pick upgrade this year in the same position? I just don't get anything we have done this trade period other than get yeo.

We must be using pick 49 as well right? Otherwise why would we give up our 3rd round pick compo for a 6 pick upgrade? Any theories people?

If im doing this right the spooners 3rd rounder next year would be 36 (essendon don't get a second rounder only an end of first). If collingwood finished the same as they did this year (8th) We would have ended up with pick 46. Surely thats better to have in next years draft than a 6 pick upgrade this year in the same position? I just don't get anything we have done this trade period other than get yeo.
That's not taking into account compo picks though?

I doubt that Essendon will let Garlett drop to pick 40+ considering their handicap this year. Theres a fair chance that its pick 31 or say bye bye. (if at all considering they start at pick 26).

I mean Garlett's indiscretions pale in comparison to Essendon's current predicament so they'd be stupid not to take the risk.
100% agree with this....31 or bust.

No - there have been numerous deals done over time where clubs have had a gentle mans agreement in place on trade day. However clubs always allow themselves an out should something unusual come to being. With Yeo wanting to move home, nominating WC & WC trumping Freo's 2nd pick - why use #28 ?

I think Everitt is a good move - depending on the price obviously.

As to my wants - I like Marsh as he has some X-factor which all good sides need

I think Schmook sums up our week nicely.

Nathan Schmook @AFL_Nathan
Smart trading From @WestCoastEagles. They started with picks 6, 28, 44 and now have 11, 31, 43, 49. Haven't lost a lot to gain Yeo.

Sure doesn't mention the 3rd rounder for next year we swapped.

So by doing this must suggest we will use 43? Maybe 49?

Very happy with picking up Yeo for a couple of downgrades.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back