Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll take our first three picks. Not 49. Which means delist two players correct? Newman and probably Morton. Really hope McInnes is signed up.

11: Acres
31: Robertson
43: Garlett/Jansen

Go team.
totally agree with the lot but go Garlett with the last pick... roll the dice.

As good as Sheed is, he is just one dimensional and is the safe pick where Acres can play a variety of roles and does look what we are after... taller mid that can run alll day and has got good skills...Just hope he is at our first pick and if not Sheed will do.

We do have Lycett and Sinclair yes. Lycett is a potential go home factor but and will have reasonable contracts from the Crows and Power waiting for him to consider whenever he comes out of contract.

Lycett may technically be a South Australian but he has no affiliation with Adelaide City. He's a country boy from Western South Australia and in fact grew up closer to Perth than Adelaide. He's also affirmed many times that he loves it at West Coast and wants to stay. Plus it's a no brainer that Coxy probably has only one year left and then Lycett will most probably take over as the #2 ruckman.

So essentially I really don't think there is a potential go home factor with Lycett :p

Edit: What's Butler's contract status? If it was up to me he'd be #1 on the blocking chop

Collingwood flew Acres to Melboune, put him up at the Crown and gave him a tour of the club etc. Pretty sure he won't be there at 11. Explains why Collingwood wouldn't give up pick 10.

If Sheed goes before 10 they know we'd take Acres so they've eliminated that risk. Personally I don't think he will be gone. I think Brisbane will take one of Kade Kolod/McCarthy or possibly Scharenberg (if HE slides) and I can't see Melbourne looking past one of Salem/Freeman if they're available.

Collingwood flew Acres to Melboune, put him up at the Crown and gave him a tour of the club etc. Pretty sure he won't be there at 11. Explains why Collingwood wouldn't give up pick 10.

If Sheed goes before 10 they know we'd take Acres so they've eliminated that risk. Personally I don't think he will be gone. I think Brisbane will take one of Kade Kolod/McCarthy or possibly Scharenberg (if HE slides) and I can't see Melbourne looking past one of Salem/Freeman if they're available.

How do you know that?

Rated by the match committee? We will pretty much have a whole new set of eyes in the box this year.

Fair point, but the new set of eyes aren't going to come in and decide to delist a contracted player who's played 64 games in four years.

If true I reckon this is exactly why Collingwood didn't give up 10.

Not a twitter user myself but seem to recall someone posting yeo's twitter handle at it was something like yeo26, maybe that's a sign butler is going? Can't make the bloke change his twitter handle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would like Acres to be the pick but the mail is pretty strong that we like Dom Sheed the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a twitter user myself but seem to recall someone posting yeo's twitter handle at it was something like yeo26, maybe that's a sign butler is going? Can't make the bloke change his twitter handle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

He wore 26 at Brisbane

Lycett may technically be a South Australian but he has no affiliation with Adelaide City. He's a country boy from Western South Australia and in fact grew up closer to Perth than Adelaide. He's also affirmed many times that he loves it at West Coast and wants to stay. Plus it's a no brainer that Coxy probably has only one year left and then Lycett will most probably take over as the #2 ruckman.

So essentially I really don't think there is a potential go home factor with Lycett :p

Edit: What's Butler's contract status? If it was up to me he'd be #1 on the blocking chop

Closer to WA than Adelaide but Ceduna is still a long ****ing way from Perth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back