Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone reckon Marsh is a chance at 11? It might explain the "targeted player will be around at pick 11" talk...though none of that was coming from the WCE themselves.

Wilson doesn't deserve to be delisted, he's been decent in his first season, certainly deserves to be on the list more than Tunbridge. It'll be Newman and Morton to be delisted, I think we might just use 11, 31 and 43 in the draft. Smith is also a possibility to be delisted. I don't think Butler will be delisted, he'd at least be given a choice to retire or seek a move elsewhere.
Hopefully we can get Acres or Sheed with pick 11 and Patrick Cripps with pick 31 or 43.

tend to agree with what has been stated already:

newman to the rookie list if it's not too risky (ie. won't lose him elsewhere) sounds like a winner. vozzo's interview last week hinted strongly this move may be on the cards.

to the blokes out of contract:
wilson didn't go too badly in his runs and has the right skills, but moves like molasses and that just isn't the direction the club is headed. one glance at yeo's highlight package really underlines the uphill battle wilson will have if he wants to play at the top level. can he improve his pace? if he hasn't by now, probably not. should have a long and impressive wafl career though.

morton can probably go. dalziell's improved showing in 2013 probably puts his nose in front and might keep him around for another year as a depth-ONLY player. (if he is still getting used as our sub in 2014 i will scream).

re: smith, as frustrating as he has been he is more talented than all the above players and should be kept on. with all our injuries he really had a good run at it in 2013 but didn't grab the opportunity by the horns. he actually looked as lazy as ever. if we're at full strength in 2014 he should find himself out of the best 22 and maybe looking for opportunities elsewhere next off-season. (unless simpson can turn him into a utility-type who is willing to have dip... don't hold your breath.)

WEST COAST
In: Xavier Ellis, Elliot Yeo
Out: None
Draft picks: 11, 31, 43, 49, 62
Verdict: Bit-part player. Got its man Yeo for pick 28, but had to involve Collingwood. Gave the Pies 6 and 44 and got 11, 31 and 49 in return. Ellis comes with no guarantees, but he also came for free.
C+

I don't agree with it being C+. Swans got A+:rolleyes:

We've basically moved on 5 blokes who's bodies had nothing more to give plus Hams who I think wasn't keen on playing for East Perth.

Upgrading Tunbridge and Bennell was premature as it robbed us of a bit of flexibility with our list management (particularly as the decision was made before Simpson's appointment) because we currently only have one list spot available after the acquisition of Xellis and Yeo.

Means we are going to have to delist at least two and possibly three players if we are to use any of 31,43 or 49. The fact that we traded next years 3rd rounder to Gold Coast means that we obviously want to use 43.

Next year Glass and Cox will be considering retirement and a heap of others will be trying to prove they deserve a new contract

I was happy upgrading Tunbridge. I reckon we should push him in front of Hill as the small forward role. Seemed to show something at end of season.

Anyone reckon Marsh is a chance at 11? It might explain the "targeted player will be around at pick 11" talk...though none of that was coming from the WCE themselves.

I like Marsh but his lack of composure is alarming at times and we really don't need another forward of his size. Perfect for clubs with multiple picks or late picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you only take Marsh at 11 if you are convinced you can turn him into a BB midfielder. I'm just not seeing it, not only his composure but his general field kicking is rubbish.

I like Marsh but his lack of composure is alarming at times and we really don't need another forward of his size. Perfect for clubs with multiple picks or late picks.

I don't know anything about him, but i wouldn't be surprised if we did another 'Sheppard @ 7', especially considering it doesn't look like we have a target who's been rated in the top 10.

Players I wouldn't miss if delisted (not looking at actual contracts)

Butler - 28 next season (Yeo, water and hurn all in makes him redundant)
Dalziell - 27 next season (don't mind him but upside is limited and shouldn't be playing if others are fit
McGinnity - 25 next year (if he was going to make it he would have by now)
Morton - 24 next year (would prefer to keep over two above, has upside still, but wouldn't be a huge loss)
Brennan - 24 next year (offers nothing can't be found anywhere)
Newman - 20 next year (would only rookie if sure he'd agree do it otherwise happy to keep on main list)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Players I wouldn't miss if delisted (not looking at actual contracts)

Butler - 28 next season (Yeo, water and hurn all in makes him redundant)
Dalziell - 27 next season (don't mind him but upside is limited and shouldn't be playing if others are fit
McGinnity - 25 next year (if he was going to make it he would have by now)
Morton - 24 next year (would prefer to keep over two above, has upside still, but wouldn't be a huge loss)
Brennan - 24 next year (offers nothing can't be found anywhere)
Newman - 20 next year (would only rookie if sure he'd agree do it otherwise happy to keep on main list)

Have to be half backs we look to move on. Yeo is best 22 even if still raw. Above Brennan, Morton and Butler.

I really like Butler, but he is just too injury prone and there has to be a time when enough is enough. Brennan shows glimpses that he could be serviceable but even he doesn't rate himself or think he belongs from interviews on the eagles tv show. And Morton who has been tried back there, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back