Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You've lost the plot. Of course you can post whatever you like. If you think that we should have offered Naitanui to get the Bootsma deal over the line, then be my guest. But I reserve the right to then label you a complete belter, and disregard everything else you say.

If you genuinely believe that us getting a great young player for pick 28 rather than 31 is a complete disaster, symptomatic of some inferiority complex we have at the trade table then you are quickly heading into belter territory.

There's enough wrong with the club that you don't have to manufacture things to moan about. Just wait for more Bootsma news, and then I'll be right there with you.

No, you've lost the plot, and this post of yours is an example of this. For your wish to see folks less in the know sit back, shut up and just observe is an unreasonable desire to begin with, but then to put such a desire into words instead of leaving it as a passing thought shows that it's you, not I, who's lost the plot.
For you to even bring up trading Naitanui for Bootsma is a straw-man. No one has even hinted at such, let alone put the idea forward as a legitimate option. Such talk of yours is nonsense. For you to make up such a straw-man and use it at reasoning makes the case for losing the plot.

This second paragraph of yours displays how irrational you are. In the first paragraph, you use trading Naitanui for Bootsma as a ridiculous example of being a complete belter, but then use a reasonable gripe such as accepting the lesser of two options when in a position of power as heading into belter territory. You've conveniently managed to merge the reasonable with the extreme to suit your argument, and you're telling me I've lost the plot? Speak for your self! If you're going to spout BS, at least get your own BS straight before spouting off.

No one, AFAIK, has manufactured things wrong about the club, in this instance. There's been enough legit reasoning pointed out about this trade, ITT, to show this.

With the picks from 43-49 being:

SELECTION 43 - WEST COAST:
SELECTION 44 - SYDNEY:
SELECTION 45 - PORT ADELAIDE:
SELECTION 46 - ADELAIDE:
SELECTION 47 - NORTH MELBOURNE:
SELECTION 48 - GWS:
SELECTION 49 - WEST COAST:

Is there a chance that we think Sydney, Port, Adelaide, NM or GWS were targeting the player we had in mind for 49? That might be one reason for us trading for 43 even if we have no intention of taking 4 players in the draft.
Sydney pipped us the last couple of years marsh and Lockyer I think?

Who do you think is better Yeo or Docherty?

Yeo has definitely shown to be the better player of the 2 to date mate, and I guess in that, if Yeos the better player, then he's obviously worth a higher pick.

Its just the principle. From what we can see from the outside, Freo weren't going to pip us if we just stood our ground on Pick 31. Maybe I'm wrong?!?!

I know I'm splitting hairs, but there's 2 separate issues at hand.

Firstly I'd say all posters here would say Yeo is worth either 28 or 31. I don't think that's in question. We all agree he is worth a 2nd rounder. Its just more, if it were possible to get him for 28 or for 31, I know which one logic would suggest to take him with. If we had pick 28 instead of pick 31 on draft day, we'd be in a better draft position going in.

^^ thanx for posting Puma. So basically we're undecided yet on using 3 or 4 picks. Must have someone in mind with 43, like some have already said, that we think will be gone by 49.

Saw a bit of Yeo this year, it's his def capabilities that I liked when I saw him. But those highlights are really exciting in terms of a move to the middle.

No, you've lost the plot, and this post of yours is an example of this. For your wish to see folks less in the know sit back, shut up and just observe is an unreasonable desire to begin with, but then to put such a desire into words instead of leaving it as a passing thought shows that it's you, not I, who's lost the plot.
For you to even bring up trading Naitanui for Bootsma is a straw-man. No one has even hinted at such, let alone put the idea forward as a legitimate option. Such talk of yours is nonsense. For you to make up such a straw-man and use it at reasoning makes the case for losing the plot.

This second paragraph of yours displays how irrational you are. In the first paragraph, you use trading Naitanui for Bootsma as a ridiculous example of being a complete belter, but then use a reasonable gripe such as accepting the lesser of two options when in a position of power as heading into belter territory. You've conveniently managed to merge the reasonable with the extreme to suit your argument, and you're telling me I've lost the plot? Speak for your self! If you're going to spout BS, at least get your own BS straight before spouting off.

No one, AFAIK, has manufactured things wrong about the club, in this instance. There's been enough legit reasoning pointed out about this trade, ITT, to show this.

Not saying I have a plot, I lost mine years ago, but I don't see how you can post this shit and not realize that you have indeed lost the plot.

You're ****in' tapped mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we use four picks, was it just me or was there some uncertainty with how many rookies will be upgraded?

Hope we use four picks, was it just me or was there some uncertainty with how many rookies will be upgraded?

No uncertainty. It' just that a few media outlets missed us making the announcement and then proceeded to make up their own rubbish.

McGovern, Tunbridge and Bennell are now all listed as senior players on club website.

All three are listed as senior players on the clubs website with only Sinclair listed as a rookie. I guess there's going tobe some discussion on whether to rookie list one or more senior list players like Newman and perhaps wilson

All three are listed as senior players on the clubs website with only Sinclair listed as a rookie. I guess there's going tobe some discussion on whether to rookie list one or more senior list players like Newman and perhaps wilson
Oh ok, I guess this is what vozzo meant with his rookie list decisions comment.
Personally I don't see the point in re-rookie for Wilson,either keep or delist.

i just hope Dalziell isn't cut

i haven't given up on you yet, Bradd
i'll always be your ... unofficial sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back