Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane met with him several times now - would be ironic considering we tried to bend them over in the trade for Yeo

I heard they are considering 4 players and he isn't one them: Bontempelli, Aish, Sharenburg and McCarthy.

Lions will be getting the player that slides since its looking more and more likely that the bulldogs take Bontempelli.

Either way we should get someone good enough.

I am more excited about picks 31, 43 and 40 for some reason as i think there are still decent players around those picks.

Last year we did all right with Carter and Hutchings. College to early to tell as he has been injured.

Waterman should already have done some training with us since I'm pretty sure WCE have a program that encourages sons of former players to get in and go round the facilities and train a bit.

As for the Dees getting Viney with the second pick, I think they did a deal with GC and pick 12 (?) so they would not bid pick 2 for Viney.

Lions will be getting the player that slides since its looking more and more likely that the bulldogs take Bontempelli.

Either way we should get someone good enough.

I am more excited about picks 31, 43 and 40 for some reason as i think there are still decent players around those picks.

Last year we did all right with Carter and Hutchings. College to early to tell as he has been injured.
So if the bulldogs pick Bomtempelli the lions will most likely get Sheed?

I read an article today saying that the lions met with Sheed again this past tuesday.

Sam Landsberger@SamLandsberger 21s
Would be a surprise if Garlett gets picked from here. North no, burnt Ess last yr, Hawks cooling. Can't find a club who wants him enough.

Breaking news:

Herald Sun reporters Jay Clark and Sam Landsberger are saying that draft prospect Dayle Garlett missed an interview with Hawthorn and is now at risk of not being drafted for the second year running

Come on WCE use pick 49 on him!

Sheed - Marsh - Roberton - Garlett would be so good.

Waterman should already have done some training with us since I'm pretty sure WCE have a program that encourages sons of former players to get in and go round the facilities and train a bit.

Yeah, that's not real "training" as such though, it's more just keeping them engaged with the club.

Knightmare's write up from drafts and trading board
Alec Waterman (WCE – F/S): One of the better performed midfielders and one for West Coast fans to get excited about. Waterman is a hard midfielder who can win his own ball inside the contest but also find it outside the contest. He’s a damaging ball user by foot with some penetration on his kick which complimented by his vision allows him to make his touches more damaging than most with the targets he can hit. He’s got an effective running game as someone who can run all day but then also be an effective burst runner.

An apt description.

They will take one of Aish or Sharenburg if they slip past the Bulldogs.

So...

1. GWS - Boyd
2. GWS - Kelly
3. StK- Billings
4. WB - Bontempelli
5. GC - K.Kolodjashnij
6. CW - Aish
7. Bris - Scharenberg
8. NM - McDonald
9. MLB - Salem
10. CW - Freeman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Nick Ryne tweeting that if Aish goes to GC at 5 then Kade Kouladisfdfdfsdfkds might get to 11. I wouldnt mind that at all. Cool, quick and skilled. We dont have any players that possess those traits.

Still can't believe WB would take Bontempelli given they picked Macrae and Stringer last year - pretty similar types of players. You'd think Aish or Scharenberg would add more to go with those two, Libber and Wallis.

Sam Landsberger@SamLandsberger 21s
Would be a surprise if Garlett gets picked from here. North no, burnt Ess last yr, Hawks cooling. Can't find a club who wants him enough.

Breaking news:

Herald Sun reporters Jay Clark and Sam Landsberger are saying that draft prospect Dayle Garlett missed an interview with Hawthorn and is now at risk of not being drafted for the second year running

Come on WCE use pick 49 on him!

Sheed - Marsh - Roberton - Garlett would be so good.

Would be good! But do you really want a guy that over the past 2 seasons has missed 2 interviews and been out smoking & drinking a week before the draft. The guy knew he was on thin ice regarding an AFL career, then goes and snubs last years Premiers.

Hopefully, WCE are keen and told him to skip the interview #wishfulthinking

Yeah, if he's still acting like that he doesn't want to play AFL. Not enough, anyway. Talent may be there but you need commitment too. This isn't a country league.

Very disappointing to see talent being wasted.

But I thought we made a huge mistake not even rookie listing him last year :rolleyes:

The club's too scared about it's image, football talent should be the over riding factor in all of it etc

Kid needs to sit down with Sampi and learn about what happens if you piss away a golden opportunity.

Mmmm interesting that someone agrees with my respective ratings of Sheed and Aish.

As for Scharenberg, if available at 11 we should jump. Foot issues don't really present a long term injury management issue. The kid has absolute star quality and he more than anyone else if available at 6 would be why we should be critical of the pick downgrade.
Obviously don't remember Travis gaspar very we'll then foot issues destroyed his promising career

Just really hope we land sheed or Acres with pick 11. Aish and the berg sliding makes us look like numptys for trading pick 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back