List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That not true. Sinclair would have been abused by Grundy and Gawn. He doesn’t have the physicality that Lycett can bring

You are aware that Lycett got monstered in most of his games the past season? I believe he still got comprehensively beaten in the ruck in the finals, yet the 2 on 1 strategy worked.

Sinclair was contracted. He wanted to stay and WCE made the same statement given this trade period (in relation to Brander). Halfway through the 3 week trade period, Sydney offered a large contract (similar to Lycett), and then Sinclair requested to be part of the trade.

If we can get Kelly with just our 2019 First Rounder that would be a HUGE win.

After a Premiership we would take in Picks 20 and 22 into a very strong 2018 draft and get a best 22 players who boosts our midfield. HUGE.

Question - If we did get Kelly for our 2019 First Rounder, would you package our 2018 Picks 20 & 22 for a Top 5 pick?

It would guarantee us a shot at another Gun Midfielder - Someone who could 'potentially' come in straight away..

No way we can get pick 5 for 20 & 22.

Don’t confuse what Geelong are doing and what their supporters say/do

Geelong aren’t obliged to do a trade since Kelly is contracted we shouldn’t forget that and if no trade is done we take two solid picks to a strong draft. It’s not the end of the world
Okay, maybe Geelong themselves didn't actually mention Brander, might've been an add-on by the Herald Sun... :sweatsmile:
Wells' comments are pretty ordinary though imo, apart from the Freo suggestion, he also mentioned not wanting him to go to the Eagles because we're the premiers and it could potentially improve us. That shouldn't even really be a factor. I can't recall, but did other clubs refuse to trade good players to the reigning premiers in previous years? The fact is that they are open to letting him leave, as long as it's to Freo, because they have better picks and they're not considered a threat to Geelong.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ant-a-top-10-pick-for-tim-kelly-ng-b88984549z
“The West Coast Eagles as the reigning premiers, I don’t think any of the clubs would be all that excited about Tim Kelly playing for them at the moment. All those sort of things have to be taken into account.

But Wells maintained the Dockers were still in the mix if they could come up with a better deal than the Eagles.

“Home is home, that’s the reason he wants to go and play in WA. So to us (joining the Dockers) would make sense,” he said.

But like I said if we can't satisfy them, I'd be happy to go to the draft with the picks that we have. It'd be great if we could get him, but he's not completely essential after we re-signed Gaff.

You are aware that Lycett got monstered in most of his games the past season? I believe he still got comprehensively beaten in the ruck in the finals, yet the 2 on 1 strategy worked.

Sinclair was contracted. He wanted to stay and WCE made the same statement given this trade period (in relation to Brander). Halfway through the 3 week trade period, Sydney offered a large contract (similar to Lycett), and then Sinclair requested to be part of the trade.
Actually Sinclair wins a lower % of ruck contests than Lycett, the only reason he gets more hitouts is because he was Sydneys sole ruckman for most of the year so he attended a heap more ruck contests per game than Lycett did.

lycett sinclair.JPG

Pretty silly comment by Wells. I get the sentiment, but surely by now he’d realise that there are no guarantees in footy. Even with Kelly in our team we will have to fight for a place in the finals next year.

I guess that explains Geelong’s attitude of trading in a bunch of individual stars and expecting it to work.

Okay, maybe Geelong themselves didn't actually mention Brander, might've been an add-on by the Herald Sun... :sweatsmile:
Wells' comments are pretty ordinary though imo, apart from the Freo suggestion, he also mentioned not wanting him to go to the Eagles because we're the premiers and it could potentially improve us. That shouldn't even really be a factor. I can't recall, but did other clubs refuse to trade good players to the reigning premiers in previous years? The fact is that they are open to letting him leave, as long as it's to Freo, because they have better picks and they're not considered a threat to Geelong.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ant-a-top-10-pick-for-tim-kelly-ng-b88984549z
“The West Coast Eagles as the reigning premiers, I don’t think any of the clubs would be all that excited about Tim Kelly playing for them at the moment. All those sort of things have to be taken into account.

But Wells maintained the Dockers were still in the mix if they could come up with a better deal than the Eagles.

“Home is home, that’s the reason he wants to go and play in WA. So to us (joining the Dockers) would make sense,” he said.

But like I said if we can't satisfy them, I'd be happy to go to the draft with the picks that we have. It'd be great if we could get him, but he's not completely essential after we re-signed Gaff.

I have a theory that Geelong were expecting Kelly to request a trade but were thrown when he not only nominated West Coast but categorically ruled out Fremantle as an option. The comments by Wells were something of a knee jerk response that reflected their anger at that

It’s telling they’ve made little public comment since and have left us to work on a better offer

McGovern was a rookie, what's your point? Where someone was taken in the draft means very little once they've played a season of football.

It means we obviously value Brander very highly and if you are getting rid of a first round pick after 1 year must have a very compelling reason to do so. He has played one game, dude. One game.

Live trading and the points system will lead to some funny outcomes.

Eg if Sydney pay for Blakely with picks in the 30s and 40s.

Then after they do, they swap more low picks for pick 18 from the pies (who also need points).

Paying for pick 7 with cheats picks, then accessing another high pick.

It doesn’t feel right

Hawthorn have three players just this off season nominating only them (out of 10 Victorian clubs) - one a highly touted youngster, one a genuine star goal kicking midfielder, and one a former number 1 pick that is still a jet in midfield, but barely a peep from the Victorian media about that one and instead all the crap is about us and Tim Kelly.

The sooner Geelong accept a second round pick, the better for all concerned.

You can say that ridiculous stuff but the truth is you could give us 3 picks in the 20s and the chances are kelly
Will have a better career then all 3 combined.
You have a gun player wanting to go home and stay there for good.
Geelong wont take 20 and 22.
I personally would just do it and maybe say upgrade our third rounder next year for your second.
The fact you guys offered 20 and 22 shows you guys rate him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn have three players just this off season nominating only them (out of 10 Victorian clubs) - one a highly touted youngster, one a genuine star goal kicking midfielder, and one a former number 1 pick that is still a jet in midfield, but barely a peep from the Victorian media about that one and instead all the crap is about us and Tim Kelly.

Add Beams into that equation for 1 club...Collingwood.

VIC media

Don't see the Kelly trade happening unfortunately. We should definitely be looking for another mid to add to the mix.

I heard Tom Scully is available for a pick in the 50s, we should offer GWS pick 22 instead, that's massive overs so it should get the deal done no problem.

If anything, i'd use Duggan, Petrucelle or Nelson if it came to making the Kelly trade happen.

Far as i'm concerned though, we don't need to make it happen. Let the Cats jump up and down for a top 10 pick all they want.

Who cares? That's your problem Wells you campaigner. No our fault Freo suck.

I heard Tom Scully is available for a pick in the 50s, we should offer GWS pick 22 instead, that's massive overs so it should get the deal done no problem.

Scully is a pretty good player as well.

You can say that ridiculous stuff but the truth is you could give us 3 picks in the 20s and the chances are kelly
Will have a better career then all 3 combined.
You have a gun player wanting to go home and stay there for good.
Geelong wont take 20 and 22.
I personally would just do it and maybe say upgrade our third rounder next year for your second.
The fact you guys offered 20 and 22 shows you guys rate him

This is getting tedious.

Eagles fans and Geelong fans are *never* going to agree on Kelly's value. This is why fans are not involved in the process.

Roll on Wednesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back