Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Posters are saying ten is excessive, what if we have 10 players will feel aren't good enough.
And those are replaced by someone we don't know if their good enough.
We spotted Cooper Lord as someone who could be good enough for an AFL list.

If you're moving on late picks, hail Mary's etc. No harm done. It's when a pick 3 or a 8 or a 13 aren't delivering you then have a problem.
Only 10 delistings ?!
IMG_4854.gif

Some on here want Powell, Ford, Bergman delisted?? Madness.

I wouldn't be unhappy if Phillips wasn't on our list, but I thought he'd just been offered a 1 year contract?
Still nothing from the club, I'd say he's exploring all options. Can't imagine there'd be any interest. If we're keeping him I'm not sure why we wouldn't delist and rookie him.

Still nothing from the club, I'd say he's exploring all options. Can't imagine there'd be any interest. If we're keeping him I'm not sure why we wouldn't delist and rookie him.
Give it up mate, he's staying.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't think it's odd that it's not been mentioned at all by the club?
They spread announcements out for many reasons. They sometimes hold player contract announcements for months. LDU could honestly be signed right now but they want to hold it for a membership push.

They spread announcements out for many reasons. They sometimes hold player contract announcements for months. LDU could honestly be signed right now but they want to hold it for a membership push.
It's a reported one year deal at minimum salary, not exactly one to celebrate or save for a special occasion. Every other deal through the year has been announced immediately via the club.

I thought he had 2 years offers elsewhere?

Agree though, if he stays we should rookie him. I don't think he's shown enough yet to warrant occupying a spot on the main list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he had 2 years offers elsewhere?

Agree though, if he stays we should rookie him. I don't think he's shown enough yet to warrant occupying a spot on the main list.
At this stage if he had two he'd be mad not to take it, an injury early next season or preseason and he's done.

It's a reported one year deal at minimum salary, not exactly one to celebrate or save for a special occasion. Every other deal through the year has been announced immediately via the club.
How could you possibly know if they were announced immediately or not? What if I told you just about every contract gets announced at a scheduled/curated time and when the cooling off period has lapsed too.

No place for nepotism if we want to improve...
100% this, we already shot ourselves in the foot taking Shane Harvey instead of Aaron Davey, regardless of Boomer's legend status at North that's no reason to keep his under performing son on the list.

EDIT: I didn't want to mention the other failed nepotism trade of Michael Stevens for Stuart Cochrane due to the fact that could trigger King Corey

Last edited:
DELIST : CCJ ,Bigi ,Drury ,Free .. Sheils and greenwood retired . Do we get anything for Thomas? Give Harvey , Sellers ,Lazaro another shot . That’s 7 list spots with Thomas.

How could you possibly know if they were announced immediately or not? What if I told you just about every contract gets announced at a scheduled/curated time and when the cooling off period has lapsed too.
There was no talk of any of the other contracts, prior to announcement. This is the only one that has leaked prior to announcement?

It took around 3 to 4 weeks, after it was widely reported in the press, for North to announce that Jackson Archer had signed a new contract. So it is not strange at all if they have agreed to terms with Phillips but not made the official announcement yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back