Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

10 seems excessive

Hoping sleevo decides to stay, Harvey/CT I’d easily keep over taking a late pick

Unless we have a bunch of players lined up who have agreed to come

Posters are saying ten is excessive, what if we have 10 players will feel aren't good enough.
And those are replaced by someone we don't know if their good enough.
We spotted Cooper Lord as someone who could be good enough for an AFL list.

If you're moving on late picks, hail Mary's etc. No harm done. It's when a pick 3 or a 8 or a 13 aren't delivering you then have a problem.

Posters are saying ten is excessive, what if we have 10 players will feel aren't good enough.

If you're moving on late picks, hail Mary's etc. No harm done. It's when a pick 3 or a 8 or a 13 aren't delivering you then have a problem.
Agreed.

We have blokes on our list, some of them high picks, who can't even perform at VFL level, where there are blokes racking up clearances, tackles, contested marks, goals, etc. for fun at that level who've never been given a crack.

I don't see us losing anything by giving some of those latter guys a crack and letting go of those who we know aren't up to it.

10 seems excessive

Hoping sleevo decides to stay, Harvey/CT I’d easily keep over taking a late pick

Unless we have a bunch of players lined up who have agreed to come
15-20 would be an excessive turnover and would be seen by the industry as panic stations setting in.

However moving 10 on is minimum - and it could well be 12-14 gone by early November depending upon how many bites we get and who else gets cut by the stronger teams.

Stephenson - retired
Free - may retire
Greenwood - retired
Shiels - retired
Drury - delisted
Harvey - delisted
Sellers - delisted
Lazzaro - delisted
Taylor - delisted
TT - **** off

I did say there will be a huge clean out but my lord
There would lucky to be 50 games disregarding retirees this year among that group

That was scathing. Ccj and sleevo costing us over 1 mil next year...

The list spots are more valuable than whatever they are owed. I’d probably hold CCJ as ruck cover as Free will be dropping off the list and Goad is miles and miles away. But with Stevo, he isn’t going to change at this stage of his career, I’d rather take a stab at an 18yo late in the draft and potentially find a gem, then just retain a bloke who they have no long term plans for. We could be using that spot on the list better imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephenson stays

Phillips has signed for 1 year.

Reckon the club is hosing down the Sleevo talk for now.
His still negotiating a buy out which may take time - as Ralfy alluded to.

If he's on the list day 1 preseason I will be very surprised.

it's better to keep guys who aren't good enough but can competently fill a space on a field with a seasoned body than to fill your list with Patrick Walker, Matt McGuinness types who never play a game at all. In recent years we've put so much time into developing 18 year olds for 2-3 years, then delisting them to develop a new crop of 18 year olds who will also be delisted at the end of their rookie contracts, we need to start keeping a few of them if only to improve the age profile of the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back