Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Templestowe have been for many years in between 3rd and 4th division EFL, were up higher on the ladder div 3 last year, but played half their 1's side on the weekend. So basically they are not a very good football side, take the fact they had half out yesterday, and what you get is that Lyndhurst got absolutely spanked by a very ordinary side.
Lyndhurst can take some confidence in the fact that Kriz Russo didn't play.
I think we saw the start of something very special yesterday. Again I change my mind on Lyndhurst, will be on the end of some 50+ goal drubbings throughout the year, and I would hate to see what the better teams do to them.
They do not have 1 half decent player on their list, not even 1 with a little potential. Seriously, how did the league allow this to happen.
It is going to reflect on the rest of you also. Already touted as the worst division of the worst league in Australian football, now you have these ******s coming in.

Cannizzo needs to step down and let a real man run the league, has been involved in too many disasters since he took over the job, and hasn't had any success in any aspect.

Everyones picking on Lynhurst the bottom line is without start up clubs leagues don't expand have a look Hallam,EH,Lynhurst all born from junior and even Lyndale were born from there juniors so it's not a new venture any others ???

Templestowe have been for many years in between 3rd and 4th division EFL, were up higher on the ladder div 3 last year, but played half their 1's side on the weekend. So basically they are not a very good football side, take the fact they had half out yesterday, and what you get is that Lyndhurst got absolutely spanked by a very ordinary side.
I think we saw the start of something very special yesterday. Again I change my mind on Lyndhurst, will be on the end of some 50+ goal drubbings throughout the year, and I would hate to see what the better teams do to them.
They do not have 1 half decent player on their list, not even 1 with a little potential. Seriously, how did the league allow this to happen.
It is going to reflect on the rest of you also. Already touted as the worst division of the worst league in Australian football, now you have these ******s coming in.

Cannizzo needs to step down and let a real man run the league, has been involved in too many disasters since he took over the job, and hasn't had any success in any aspect.
Templestowe were top 2 in div 3 efl last year. They would Easily win the div 2 SFL flag and would play finals in div 1.

Lyndhurst should be looking to play bottom div ammos or something similar

Finished 2nd after season proper, however, straight sets in finals. do not get carried away with efl div 3 and 4, and please do not get carried away with the team Templestowe put out yesterday. the side yesterday was more akin to their reserves team, and they certainly wouldn't win any games in sfl div 2 seniors, just Lyndhurst are disgusting. no structure, no ctyle, no coach and no players.
totally agree, should have gone into bottom division vafa. they are a joke.

First real hitout against a decent club even with players missing. Takes time to gel. They wont surprise anyone this year. But down the track theres not reason they wont be decent with there juniors.

That being said, it will be a tough year for them.

So you're saying you rate Lyndhurst?

First real hitout against a decent club even with players missing. Takes time to gel. They wont surprise anyone this year. But down the track theres not reason they wont be decent with there juniors.

That being said, it will be a tough year for them.

This is my point, you would think in 8 - 10 years, the theory would be that they could start to aim for finals in division 3, but I don't think the administration would have expected them to be this bad. They don't have any players with a slight amount of ability, and are allowing players previously kicked out of other clubs for grub behaviour come in and laugh off their reputations. What you will see is the junior club start to deteriorate as a result of the embarrassment the senior side will cause. They weren't ready to start a senior team, and it will be to their detriment. If I were a neighbouring side, I would be licking my lips at the prospect of poaching their juniors, whether that be by the time they get to 17/18 or even before. If it weren't for the majority of their players calling out premiership, and/or teaching clubs in 3rd division a lesson when they play them, I would feel very sorry for this club.
Wrong time, wrong committee, terrible coaching selections, and no recruitment. they have planned to fail.

Obviously a nerve has been touched here, I highly doubt anyone is stupid enough to bite back at such a ridiculous comment. You will be humbled very quickly, good luck for the year and hopefully you are able to field a seniors and reserves team for the entire year. It's hard to get blokes to play when they know they are going to get thrashed.

Hi Guys,
This is totally off conversation, but I'm moving from the Gold Coast back to Melbourne after spending 18 months up here and we are planning on living around Mornington area.

I can't find a forum dedicated to that area of footy, but I was wondering if anyone would know which competition would be stronger between NFNL and PFNL?
I'm looking for a level similar to A Grade WRFL.

Looking for a club between Sorrento and Mornington.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,
This is totally off conversation, but I'm moving from the Gold Coast back to Melbourne after spending 18 months up here and we are planning on living around Mornington area.

I can't find a forum dedicated to that area of footy, but I was wondering if anyone would know which competition would be stronger between NFNL and PFNL?

Cheers
You probably can't find it because Peninsula and Nepean leagues are under the Vic Country banner on Bigfooty. Here's a link: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/mornington-peninsula-nepean-fl.334/

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Based on the seedings of the AFL Vic Championships - Peninsula is ranked 3 and Nepean 16.

Peninsula is traditionally stronger - greater depth in clubs whereas Nepean seems to have some very strong teams (ie Sorrento) but not as deep.

Mornington is the most southern club in Peninsula - ranges up to Edithvale-Aspendale in the north.

MATCH LEAGUES VENUE
Game 1 Geelong FNL v Eastern FL Geelong
Game 2 Peninsula FNL v Northern FL Peninsula
Game 3 Goulburn Valley FL v Essendon DFL Essendon
Game 4 Ballarat FNL v Western RFL Western
Game 5 Ovens & Murray FNL v Hampden FNL Hampden
Game 6 Bendigo FNL v Gippsland L Gippsland
Game 7 Murray FNL v South East FNL Murray
Game 8 Yarra Valley MDFNL v Nepean FNL Yarra Valley
Game 9 Sunraysia FNL v Wimmera FNL Sunraysia
Game 10 Heathcote DFNL v Bellarine FNL Bellarine
Game 11 North Central FNL v Central Murray FNL Central Murray
Game 12 Central Highlands FL v Geelong DFL Central Highlands
Game 13 Southern FL v Ellinbank DFL Southern
Game 14 Alberton FNL v Riddell DFNL Alberton
Game 15 Horsham DFNL v Maryborough Castlemaine DFNL MCDFNL
Game 16 Warrnambool DFNL v Loddon Valley FNL Warrnambool
Game 17 Mid Gippsland FL v Colac DFNL Colac
Game 18 Kyabram DFNL v Golden Rivers FL Kyabram
Game 19 Mininera DFL v South West DFL Mininera

Based on the seedings of the AFL Vic Championships - Peninsula is ranked 3 and Nepean 16.

Peninsula is traditionally stronger - greater depth in clubs whereas Nepean seems to have some very strong teams (ie Sorrento) but not as deep.

Mornington is the most southern club in Peninsula - ranges up to Edithvale-Aspendale in the north.

MATCH LEAGUES VENUE
Game 1 Geelong FNL v Eastern FL Geelong
Game 2 Peninsula FNL v Northern FL Peninsula
Game 3 Goulburn Valley FL v Essendon DFL Essendon
Game 4 Ballarat FNL v Western RFL Western
Game 5 Ovens & Murray FNL v Hampden FNL Hampden
Game 6 Bendigo FNL v Gippsland L Gippsland
Game 7 Murray FNL v South East FNL Murray
Game 8 Yarra Valley MDFNL v Nepean FNL Yarra Valley
Game 9 Sunraysia FNL v Wimmera FNL Sunraysia
Game 10 Heathcote DFNL v Bellarine FNL Bellarine
Game 11 North Central FNL v Central Murray FNL Central Murray
Game 12 Central Highlands FL v Geelong DFL Central Highlands
Game 13 Southern FL v Ellinbank DFL Southern
Game 14 Alberton FNL v Riddell DFNL Alberton
Game 15 Horsham DFNL v Maryborough Castlemaine DFNL MCDFNL
Game 16 Warrnambool DFNL v Loddon Valley FNL Warrnambool
Game 17 Mid Gippsland FL v Colac DFNL Colac
Game 18 Kyabram DFNL v Golden Rivers FL Kyabram
Game 19 Mininera DFL v South West DFL Mininera

Wow that's a very insightful post mate, thanks heaps!
I'm very comfortable playing in a league like the WRFL which looks to be ranked around #8 so Nepean would be a similar grade then, obviously like you said, there is most likely going to be some average sides, as there is in any league.
I've played footy with blokes that have gone and played at GFL level and it's a pretty big step up from WRFL, much faster and much stronger bodies, So I'd presume Peninsula being #3 wouldn't be too far off and would probably be the in-between which isn't too bad, but I haven't played in 2 years, I've got a little one now so my dedication isn't what it once was.

Maybe I look at the Nepean league for a team like Rosebud or Sorrento!
Cheers

I'm very comfortable playing in a league like the WRFL which looks to be ranked around #8 so Nepean would be a similar grade then, obviously like you said, there is most likely going to be some average sides, as there is in any league.
I've played footy with blokes that have gone and played at GFL level and it's a pretty big step up from WRFL, much faster and much stronger bodies, So I'd presume Peninsula being #3 wouldn't be too far off and would probably be the in-between which isn't too bad, but I haven't played in 2 years, I've got a little one now so my dedication isn't what it once was.

Cheers
MATE! Can't you read? Lyndhurst!!! is the place to be!!!! you'll be waving a flag this year at Lyndhurst!!! But don't expect a BnF around your neck, not with the talent pool they're packing at Lyndhurst!!! *CRACK*BANG*CRACK* (that's lightning)

Cheers

Sorrento is the traditional powerhouse club of Nepean, has club powerbrokers like Lindsay Fox, Don Scott etc.

There is not many sides in Div 3 SFL that would be half competitive in Div 3 Eastern

You have made the drive to watch Lyndhurst specifically to come on BigFooty and write how bad they are. I can imagine the big Cheshire Cat smile on your face as you play keyboard warrior and bag Lyndhurst with pretty big gusto. Noone is expecting them to push for finals, but to write the rubbish you have written after one practice match against a solid opposition is just wrong.

The only start up club that has been reasonably successful in their initial years is CPL and now they are sliding backwards and really need to consolidate what they have before it all turns ugly again.
Southern Dragons were getting flogged in their first few seasons, won a flag and got ahead of them selves
Hallam are still getting flogged
Endeavour Hills have started to get themselves going after 5 or so seasons,
Parkmore took the easy option rather than hard work and blew it

Lyndhurst won't get beaten by 50 goals in any game
Congratulations to the Lyndhurst committee for getting a team up from scratch, I'm sure they realize that there needs to be years of sustainable growth rather than looking for quick success
Great work by the SFL to make sure they are in the SFL and not the VAFA
Good luck to Patrick (Not Peter) Cooke with his first coaching gig. He has taken on the hardest coaching position in the league if not the state
Good luck to the players who are having a go, and I hope they have some fun and stick around

I will be reading the results each week hoping that Lyndhurst play well, win a few games and cause some upsets

But more so when they go well, You will have to pull your head in

BFC10 you have no idea about us. You have no idea about Cookey. You have no idea about our recruits. You have no idea about our committee.

It is now frowned upon for us to use bigfooty, thanks idiot, but in the words of many at our club, lets just let our footy do the talking. And it will, I hope you come introduce yourself one game. if im not helping the lightning kick another winning score I will quite happily take care of you also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back