D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the hadfield appointments because port melbournes council pulled ETU stadium on them last minute?

Even then, anywhere has to be better than this.

Was pulled for the u18 comp finals, don't think it was council think AFL spent the money to have it.

Makes absolutely no sense being at Hadfield, a ground that isn't even in the VAFA. Unless it's easy to gate to ensure VAFA makes their gate money?

Was pulled for the u18 comp finals, don't think it was council think AFL spent the money to have it.

Makes absolutely no sense being at Hadfield, a ground that isn't even in the VAFA. Unless it's easy to gate to ensure VAFA makes their gate money?
It's unfortunate that La Trobe ground is not gated. Best ground in D3 by far

And HQ probably wonders why divisional club are choosing to play elsewhere instead.
Imagine if this happened to an A or B section club ... there'd be an uproar and they'd make changes on the spot - instead of changing obvious f-ups, divisional clubs get told to lump it.
You may be forgetting 2 years ago when the VAFA forced two premier B sides play off in a lake. I think my memory is serving me correctly here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did seem that the umps were hot on everything in the 1st then decided to let both sides punch each out other for the rest of the game. I expected finals to be more of the former than the latter with VAFA umps taking control, but letting everything go means plenty will be sweating come tribunal time, but given recent VAFA decisions, who knows what the outcomes might be.

On a dour note, it was a bit of a shame to hear some of the slurs out of the JOCS camp on and off field during the match. To hear players and supporters throw around language that has rubbed blokes out for 5+ weeks in the big leagues is pretty disappointing. As a young father who loves bringing the kids along to the local footy on a sunny Saturday afternoon, it’s definitely left a sour taste. Plenty will disagree, and as many of my childhood friends in country Vic would say, maybe I’ve spent too much time in the city, but that’s my 2c.

Once upon a time I thought that widespread personnel changes from the suburb next door would be a positive for the culture of a club mired in controversy over the journey. Shame that doesn’t seem to be the case, but I’m sure that means nothing to them if they’re holding up the premiership cup come two weeks time.

Looking forward, the question begs - will the Keysborough mercenaries stay on for the rise in divisions, or will JOCS be fielding two Div 4 sides once again come 2025? No matter the answer, we’ve got a ripping end to this year in store.

All the best,
TB
I am not surprised one bit by this, and was baffled that NB would have four suspensions and St Johns not one after their 2nd semi-final match-up. I wonder if there is any more to come out of it all prior to the GF this Saturday.

When my boys played St Johns in the Qualifying final they were getting hit behind play, cheap shotted and blatantly tackled to ground late after taking marks and no 50m penalties paid. Perhaps the young umpire on the day was intimidated. St Johns players and crowd were carrying on in an unsavoury manner – including some of the St Johns higher ups. I agree with Top Bunk, it’s not acceptable at community level to be throwing out discriminatory language, especially if it is homophobic in nature. VAFA surely can’t tolerate this given their pride rounds throughout the year and the way it has been dealt with at AFL level. From your report Top Bunk, looks like a similar thing happened the following week.

From our two meetings with North Brunswick in which we went 1-1 I thought North Brunswick were a physical team but mostly fair and played the game in good spirit. Although I see #2 was suspended again from the St Johns vs NB final. He was also undisciplined against us when we played them at home in Round 6 but was dealt with swiftly by the officiating umpire that day.

I’m going to tip Canterbury this weekend. I don’t think St Johns have the depth in their 2s to cover for notable Keysborough players missing with suspension and Canterbury is an experienced team with multiple avenues to goal.

Anyway, big preseason ahead for my lads down at Ross Gregory. Will be interesting to see how the divisions are structured given the gap between top and bottom half of Div 3 this season and BT from Div 2 opting to leave the league.

I am not surprised one bit by this, and was baffled that NB would have four suspensions and St Johns not one after their 2nd semi-final match-up. I wonder if there is any more to come out of it all prior to the GF this Saturday.

When my boys played St Johns in the Qualifying final they were getting hit behind play, cheap shotted and blatantly tackled to ground late after taking marks and no 50m penalties paid. Perhaps the young umpire on the day was intimidated. St Johns players and crowd were carrying on in an unsavoury manner – including some of the St Johns higher ups. I agree with Top Bunk, it’s not acceptable at community level to be throwing out discriminatory language, especially if it is homophobic in nature. VAFA surely can’t tolerate this given their pride rounds throughout the year and the way it has been dealt with at AFL level. From your report Top Bunk, looks like a similar thing happened the following week.

From our two meetings with North Brunswick in which we went 1-1 I thought North Brunswick were a physical team but mostly fair and played the game in good spirit. Although I see #2 was suspended again from the St Johns vs NB final. He was also undisciplined against us when we played them at home in Round 6 but was dealt with swiftly by the officiating umpire that day.

I’m going to tip Canterbury this weekend. I don’t think St Johns have the depth in their 2s to cover for notable Keysborough players missing with suspension and Canterbury is an experienced team with multiple avenues to goal.

Anyway, big preseason ahead for my lads down at Ross Gregory. Will be interesting to see how the divisions are structured given the gap between top and bottom half of Div 3 this season and BT from Div 2 opting to leave the league.
St Johns have been a problem club for some time, shocking attitude and culture down there.... Let's hope the VAFA do something about it.

Tipping Canterbury to get the job done on the weekend

Chosen for the quality canteen offerings, I hear. Was top notch on Saturday and great value (except for the hotdogs, they were 6 bucks FYI)
JUST FOR THE SNAG? ANYTHING ELSE SERVED WITH THAT THING?

personally, I like an onion, relish, mustard, tomato sauce job. Open to opinions.

Cheerio.

BL

1726623146815.png

Attachments

• 1726623149858.png
    1726623149858.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 28

Is it time to get an externalaudit into St Johns?

Would love to hear Deloitte's thoughts on this.

Godspeed for next year Slushie man. God knows your taps at Ross Gregory are a godsend. Wouldn't read about it at Swinburne. Anychance of a frozen Coke in your rooms?

Anybody know when the tribunal hearing will be for the other JOCs lads? Quite late in the piece last week for NB, VAFA has gone and cooked this division unfortunately. Can't see Canterbury losing with the JOCs facing a week of nerves and anticipation. What do you all think/?

BL

1726623613074.png

Remove this Banner Ad

D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back