Do you barrack for the same team your Kids/ parents/ friends/ brother/sister etc do?

Remove this Banner Ad

My little niece and nephew don't actually barrack for anyone. Their parents barrack for hawthorn and Collingwood but are going to allow their kids to follow whatever team they want to.

Originally posted by MarkT
There are worse things than adoption!
He's already been to a few games. he will follow Collingwood. i don't expect you, a mere Essendon supporter, to understand.;)

LOL whats next? are u going to tell me his first words are/were go Collingwood he's 10 months old for christs sake :rolleyes:

Wait until he's capable of thinking of his own (he'll go for the {egual soon the be outright) most success club Essendon:)

P.s just **** stirring

MarkT,

the funny thing is that your son will probably hate you for forcing him to follow Collingwood when he is older.

She's clearly not worth it!

Possibly.

When I think about it though, going to the footy is my special time. Beer, anger and abuse. If she did come around, maybe I would be forced into dragging her along.

She supports Freo, and we went to the 'G this year. Freo won by a point, a game that ended our finals chances.

By God it got ugly.

Originally posted by goaldrush
MarkT,

the funny thing is that your son will probably hate you for forcing him to follow Collingwood when he is older.

Quiet thats what i want to happen :) it's sort of what happend to me hated football (liked Basketball though) cos mother tryed to force collingwood and AFL upon me from a young age was never really inteseted than as a young 6 year old started goin to essendon games with a mate got interested went to essendon and was severly beaten by mother (jokeing)

Originally posted by anonymous Joe
LOL whats next? are u going to tell me his first words are/were go Collingwood he's 10 months old for christs sake :rolleyes:

Wait until he's capable of thinking of his own (he'll go for the {egual soon the be outright) most success club Essendon:)

P.s just **** stirring
His first word was dad and his second was mum. As far as I can make out they are the only words he can say fo far but I am working on GO PIES!

Originally posted by goaldrush
MarkT,

He will thank me for showing him the glory that is Collingwood. There are haves and have not's in this world and he will have.

Originally posted by anonymous Joe
Quiet thats what i want to happen :) it's sort of what happend to me hated football (liked Basketball though) cos mother tryed to force collingwood and AFL upon me from a young age was never really inteseted than as a young 6 year old started goin to essendon games with a mate got interested went to essendon and was severly beaten by mother (jokeing)
You mother is a dismal failure and I'm tellin' Eddie on her!

He will thank me for showing him the glory that is Collingwood. There are haves and have not's in this world and he will have.

Yes it will the glory of.................

Losing Grand Finals

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
When I think about it though, going to the footy is my special time. Beer, anger and abuse. If she did come around, maybe I would be forced into dragging her along.
A lift home would be handy??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whole family saints going back to early 1900's.

My parents had never heard of Aussie Rules before i started following it. They still have no idea about the game (some would say the same about me to).

They both followed Ajax Amsterdam.

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
Possibly.

She supports Freo, and we went to the 'G this year. Freo won by a point, a game that ended our finals chances.

By God it got ugly.

Good girl, Wanna swap mines a bloody half assed eagles supporter. I think its just to **** me off.

The family is an eclectic mix of die hard WAFL fans, Eagles, Dockers, Blues and Bombers.

The old man: Perth Demons, Freo Dockers and the Italian Serie A
The old lady: Could not give a flying .... about football. Though does enjoy the gossip columns and now knows who Wayne Carey is.
Sister : pure evil - Freo Dockers
Numerous Uncles: Either Carlton or Essendon and they all go for West Perth in the WAFL.

I basically know why I go for West Perth (aforementioned Uncles).

As a kid I remember loosely following the fortunes of Carlton but the minute the Eagles entered the comp I jumped on board, and it had nothing to do with my family at all.

I am glad to say I have corrupted my niece who knows the Eagles theme song by heart!

Nearly all of the Vic teams covered in my immediate family.
Me - Geelong
Dad - Richmond
Mum - North Melbourne (originally Geelong, but changed when Doug Wade did she says)
Sister #1 - Footscray (went out with Jock Edmond in high school)
Bro in law - St Kilda
Sister #2 - Richmond
Bro in law, nephew - Hawthorn
Neice - Essendon
Sister #3 - Richmond
Bro in law - Collingwood
NakedDeadGirlfriend - Carlton (95 GF day wasn't a happy one)
Nanna - South Melbourne

By my reckoning that's everyone covered except for Melbourne & Fitzroy from the 12 VFL clubs.
The old man is mad Richmond, there is not a photo of me under the age of 5 or so in existance where I'm not wearing a Richmond jumper.

My only male role model growing up was my grandfather and he is a hawks supporter. I have two uncles, 1 was a fitness instructor for Carlton in the 70's and the other has been a full Essendon member for 30 years. I'm a mad hawks supporter. As you can imagine the family rivalry is scary-intense is an understatement.( After the '99 PF all messages between my uncles had to go through my grandad and me for over 6 months)

To the peril of the females in my family we have all recently discovered Bigfooty and the debates rage on in the off-season. They were hoping for a break.

Can't wait for 2004, I believe I will finally get the bragging rights over my Essendon uncle, whom I currently share a house with. Here's to hoping!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you barrack for the same team your Kids/ parents/ friends/ brother/sister etc do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back