Do you follow the same team as your parents?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whole family minus three individuals follow the Dogs, in fact they have been for almost as long as the CLubs been in exsistence.

Yes, my dad is to blame for me following perennial laughing stock South Adelaide. (He jumped on the bandwagon at the time of their 1964 premiership and they haven't won one since!)

And my mum's side of the family is to blame for me following Collingwood in my early years.

Thankfully I made the switch to Adelaide, of my own accord, when the Crows came in. :D

Dad's side...all Doggies fans
Mum's side...Mum a Doggies convert (from Hawthorn, her dad/my pa played in their formative years), Gran followed Richmond.

2 of four follow the Canines, one a hawk and one Geelong indifferent. Being the first born son, the three colours were bestowed upon me.

My Dad's an Eagles fan primarily, but supports West Australian football in general (East Perth in the WAFL, Freo when their playing anyone but the Eagles). My Mums a Dockers fan though she has no idea about football so I spose that doesn't really count. My older brother goes for Geelong and younger brother goes for Eagles.

My cousin got me supporting the Blues ages ago and I haven't looked back since :D

My dad and mum are both collingwood supporters. My sisters and bro are collingwood supporters. So that means that i am a collingwood supporter.

Ass soon as we were all born my Dad signed us up as Collingwood members

I wanted to be a Carlton supporter a few years ago because I had a crush on Kouta and my dad said i could but i was never allowed back in the house.

I am now happy that i never supported Carlton.

Third generation North both sides of the family born and bred in North.Great grandmother even had a pub in North . Great hearing about all in brawls against fitzroy and colloingwood supporters ,sounded like a real social event.

Inherited Tiger worship from Dad. Mum barracks for Geelong.

My wife knew nothing about aussie rules before meeting me but now has a soft spot for the Tiges, yet an ability to dismiss poor peformances with a philisophical level headedness that is very annoying.

My Grand mother's family is Carlton - My Great Aunt has followed Carlton for 80+ years - She always insists I chose the wrong team!!!

My Grand father's family is Hawthorn

My Mum is Hawthorn

My Dad..well no one really. I think Sandringham when he first arrived in the country, but will follow Hawthorn for my sake.

One brother is Hawthorn and the other Collingwood

Mixed bag really but my parents let us all choose our own team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dad is a Geeong upporter, my mum doesnt follow the footy but her family follows the Saints.

I follow North, originally because one of my cousins went for Collingwood and they beat them when i was in grade 5 (95) and i thought I had better pick a winner.

That is obviously before i started to give a **** about this great game.

No I don't follow the same team as my parents. They are both Essendon Supporters and I am a Hawthorn supporter.

Mobs, I reckon you're about 20 years too soon for this thread, at least as a thread to ask a national audience.

The Qld, NSW, SA & WA fans probably had parents who followed state league clubs, hence the questions automatically excludes a significant portion of the AUST wide footy audience.

The poll answer you'll get will be biased because it focuses on the Victorian fans.

Just for the record, when my dear old Dad was alive, he followed the South Adelaide Panthers, Jimmy Deane was his favourite player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you follow the same team as your parents?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back