Does Caro know something about the Tigers we don't?

Remove this Banner Ad

We threw matches did we? Libba did not say that, if he did, that would have opened a massive can of worms. There are some Pakistani cricketers who will tell you what happens to players who throw matches. You want to be very careful when relying on the reporting by Hun journalists. They will give you a bum steer.

That comment was not mine it was taken directly from the article, the link to the whole article was below.

I plucked it out in response to the Melbourne supporters constant misquoting of Wallace, there has never been an admission of tanking by Wallace and he recently reiterated that Richmond did not tank, this was also backed up by King on one of the footy shows, but Melbourne supporters are desperate to drag someone down with them whether it be Richmond, Carlton or anyone that may have had a decent pick in the last 10 years.

Melbourne supporters are desperate to drag someone down with them whether it be Richmond, Carlton or anyone that may have had a decent pick in the last 10 years.
The notion of tanking was alive well before it became relevant to us, and our current investigation has come from looking further into the issue. I would expect all other clubs with suspicions of tanking to be investigated equally, which means the AFL walk into the club and turn the place over. The same level of investigation for all clubs is only fair. If they come up clean, so be it. I don't want to see other clubs suffer, but I don't want Melbourne to be singled out and be the scapegoat to stop tanking.

Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne have all tanked and everyone knows it including that fool Demetriou.

Richmond never did what Melbourne/Carlton did.

Wallace just didn't do anything for 1 quarter. Players still played to win.

So prior to the game Wallace and the coaching panel were doing everything they could to win that game - strategies, match-ups, game plan - leaving no stone unturned to bring home the 4 points ?

... its was only at 3/4 time that he thought 'bugger it' ?? :rolleyes:

So prior to the game Wallace and the coaching panel were doing everything they could to win that game - strategies, match-ups, game plan - leaving no stone unturned to bring home the 4 points ?

... its was only at 3/4 time that he thought 'bugger it' ?? :rolleyes:

Yep.. That's what happened.

That comment was not mine it was taken directly from the article, the link to the whole article was below.
I know & it was the journos that wrote the article who made the comment about throwing games, putting their own spin on what Libba said & that is why you need to be careful when relying on journos, because they will do their best to sensationalise a story which otherwise says very little.

Wait, Carlton and Melbourne players all played to win too. Why would you add that bit?

Wait, Carlton and Melbourne players all played to win too. Why would you add that bit?
Good pick up. The one thing that posters have managed to agree upon in all of the tanking threads is that players go out & play to win. If their ability to do so is compromised by a club's Football Department, then that is not the fault of the players. Some Richmond supporters want to do everything they can to distance themselves from tanking allegations, but suggesting the players of any team weren't trying to win is poor form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Her most recent article is scathing on the MFC for that club's 'pathetic and disgusting' tanking in 2009. She goes to town on the club for most of the article... but then this:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-shock--awful-20121102-28ppz.html

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-shock--awful-20121102-28ppz.html

What on earth might she be talking about? What is she alluding to myah?

I think it might have something to do with this guy:

Cotchin(lge).jpg

For you see, leading into Rd 22 of 2007, Richmond sat bottom, but only by two points. Just above them were Carlton and Melbourne. Ironically, Melbourne won their final game of the season, in the now-infamous 'Kruezer Cup' match - against Carlton.

On the Sunday of that round, Richmond led St. Kilda at 3/4 time. They then had some sort of 'loss of heart' and gained an earlier pick.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2007/141520070901.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_afl_season#Round_22

Caro knows what is getting feed to her!!!:D

See Rendell etc...

The notion of tanking was alive well before it became relevant to us, and our current investigation has come from looking further into the issue. I would expect all other clubs with suspicions of tanking to be investigated equally, which means the AFL walk into the club and turn the place over. The same level of investigation for all clubs is only fair. If they come up clean, so be it. I don't want to see other clubs suffer, but I don't want Melbourne to be singled out and be the scapegoat to stop tanking.

You guys are having your club turned upside down for a reason.

This is a classic case of what's called "confirmation bias".

As per your claim, Carlton players also played to win. I don't think anyone has ever suggested otherwise; not even Libba and his vibe. The issue with the Tigers is that Wallace did nothing to help Tigers players win and in fact, he took your BOG off the ground for the last 5 minutes of the match when you did threaten to win. Don't for a minute lump the Blues in with the Dees and then set yourself to the side. All you'd be doing is fooling yourself with your biases.

FWIW I think it's become clear the Dees sit well alone when it comes to tanking.

As per your claim, Carlton players also played to win. I don't think anyone has ever suggested otherwise; not even Libba and his vibe. The issue with the Tigers is that Wallace did nothing to help Tigers players win and in fact, he took your BOG off the ground for the last 5 minutes of the match when you did threaten to win. Don't for a minute lump the Blues in with the Dees and then set yourself to the side. All you'd be doing is fooling yourself with your biases.

FWIW I think it's become clear the Dees sit well alone when it comes to tanking.

Even if the coaches did tank for 1 quarter it's not the same as Melb/Carlton tanking for years.

Is stealing a chocolate bar the same as stealing a car?

I think it mainly stems from how many people from a certain club are willing to speak up, Libba just seems like he has a case of sour grapes, Wallace will do and say anything for attention while, to many ex-players and staff from Melbourne are speaking up regarding Melbourne. There is way to many.

Melbourne has a lot of rumours of setting out before the season has even started to only win X amount of games. That is one full season of deliberate tanking, a far cry from looking on the bright side of losing a Qtr at the end of the season. While both these scenarios are not in the spirit of the game, what Melbourne are being investigated for is very serious.

Melbourne should receive some serious punishment, but why punish the supporters for something they had no real influence in.

Even if the coaches did tank for 1 quarter it's not the same as Melb/Carlton tanking for years.

Carlton tanking for years? Sorry, but that's just pure imagination. You seem to making this up as you go along; anything that supports what you want to believe it seems, whether based on fact or imagination. Again; this is called confirmation bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Caro know something about the Tigers we don't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back