Preview Dogs on Mars: Round 8 Saturday May - 11 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY HARRIS!!!!!!

...bit bummed about Josh Walker. Still, he deserves a bit of a break I guess.

For me it’s a massive positive. When was the last time this club was able to drop a player in the form Walker is? Depth is building and with that comes the unlucky stories. I’d have personally rested Noah because I think Walker’s marking (even for a bailout kick) is something we need, but I’m glad there’s genuine pressure for spots

Big call, but a smart one I think. Andrews is a better player than Walker and we don't need both. Very rough for Walker but as far as matchups go it seems correct.

Josh Walker should be straight back in next game v the Crows with their tall forward set up.

On form I definitely agree.

Lewy Taylor pretty stiff I would have thought. I'm a Lester fan, but struggle to see how he is better than Walker.

Who do you think is better suited to play on someone like Sam Lloyd or Mitch Wallis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you think is better suited to play on someone like Sam Lloyd or Mitch Wallis?

I know you’re president of the fan club, but Walker clearly offers more than Lester. Reads the play better, gets into good positions and his marking is a feature/massive help. I’m not sure Lester offers the same.

Also love the fact we can bring Bailey in and can play Answorth in the backline. Shows how much we rate Answorth.

Yes we seem quite loaded with guys capable of playing in the back half. Bailey might well get some time on the wing. To be fair as others have posted the Bulldogs forwards are not overly quick. Therefore our more senior (slower) defenders should match up well on them. Cutler, Robbo and Bailey are likely going to be given the job to shut down their outside run.

I know you’re president of the fan club, but Walker clearly offers more than Lester. Reads the play better, gets into good positions and his marking is a feature/massive help. I’m not sure Lester offers the same.

We might miss his intercept marking. Hopefully Andrews covers this area although it's likely he will have his hands full with the young buck Naughton.

I like the changes.
Walker is stiff to miss out but it is purely positional. They only have the 1 key forward, plus it could be wet so dropping a tall could be worthwhile, Andrews is better and Walker will be back in next week.

Bailey is in to try and stop their run, him and Answorth could be our future backline runners for the next 10 years. Looks like a really good mix of kicking ability (Witherden and Rich) and run (Bailey and Answorth).

Plus Taylor out... well he got 7 disposals... we are getting to the point where that is unacceptable.

Walker has been one of our better players in most games this year. Lester has never, I mean never, been in the best players two weeks in a row. Lester is so quick???? Who is he going to matchup on??!!!!

I am melting so fast I am sublimating

Yeah I don't really feel like Lester has the pace to match up against the smalls super well defensively either.

I'd argue that Lester's strength comes in reading the play - but I would also argue that is Walker and Andrews' strength too. They all want to stop the ball getting to ground so the smaller quicker players can't outrun them. In my eyes, Walker offers what Lester does but better. Interested to see how it goes on the weekend though. It's a big call for sure.

Surprised so many people are arguing Taylor was stiff. I'd argue he is definitely fringe at the moment, and with so many people bashing the door down in the ressies, I don't think you can afford to have a poor game in the main squad as a fringe player. Especially after an average game before.

Are we planning on running Bailey through the midfield mostly? If not, we have 3 backs on the bench. That seems a bit overkill to me.

I think its a relatively good squad though to take on the dogs. We definitely have the tools to win, hopefully we will get the job done.

We might miss his intercept marking. Hopefully Andrews covers this area although it's likely he will have his hands full with the young buck Naughton.
I think that’s a big possibility. However conditions probably won’t favour contested marking on the day, which should nullify Naughton and Walker’s loss to an extent. My worry is I’m not sure we have anyone to go with Bont if they throw him forward

Walker has been one of our better players in most games this year. Lester has never, I mean never, been in the best players two weeks in a row. Lester is so quick???? Who is he going to matchup on??!!!!

I am melting so fast I am sublimating

1. Lester is shorter
2. He's actually a great contested ball winner - any ball-ups/throw-ins in the defensive 50, I'd expect him to be right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back