Preview Dogs on Mars: Round 8 Saturday May - 11 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of braving the weather and heading to this game. Anyone else purchased tickets yet? And is there are an opposition seating area that we know of? Need to get 4 tickets together, so understand my options are limited.

Surely time to find a spot for Keays. Have to reward his form. Not sure who comes out though

Hipwood if suspended - great opportunity to try Keays as a forward. I’d prefer that to Harris as he is the cool head that will be Hodge’s replacement so needs to stay back.

And is there are an opposition seating area that we know of? Need to get 4 tickets together, so understand my options are limited.
It’s bring your own seating unless you’re able to get one of the 1000-2000 seats they actually have at the stadium.

Given the AFL is so deadset commercially minded, even they must be annoyed themselves that they’ve allowed this game out there compared to the revenue they’d have got out at Docklands with a huge Lions fan base in attendance.

I have no interest in going to Ballarat on a cold windy wet day. Once again Lions/Fitzroy supporters get dudded. That said we are more chance of beating the Dogs there rather than Marvel.
But at least the four Gold Coast fans that bothered to turn up to their game against the Dogs at Docklands a couple of week ago didn't.;)

The Bulldogs getting some bloody good press re their form on the weekend and Aaron Naughton is the next Wayne Carey...and their inside handball work is on another level............ looks like we're taking on the new premiership favorites on Mars.:rolleyes:
I would rather it go to their heads than ours. I’ve noticed a pattern lately with the media. Choose a team pump them up or knock them down. The one constant though is the team has to come from a traditional football state. I would rather they say nothing about us quite frankly.

Still we shouldn't complain about playing at Ballarat. I mean the poor Pies supporters were forced to travel to Marvel stadium last week for a home game. Fancy that. Thankfully they are back at the MCG this week for the 6th time this season.

Especially now we're improving, we need to push the AFL to give us more opportunities to play the G.

I have no interest in going to Ballarat on a cold windy wet day. Once again Lions/Fitzroy supporters get dudded. That said we are more chance of beating the Dogs there rather than Marvel.
Was about to say, doggies record up there is as follows:

Lost to Port by 44
Won against the Suns by 9
Lost to Port by 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I hope it isn't the case, but I think we'll be brought back down to earth next week and the Dogs will win by about 5 goals.

Random thought

If I were fages, I’d consider pushing mcstay up as a roaming wingman/CHF. Clearly we are most threatening up forward when we have Charlie isolated with Cam, Hippy, Oscar etc mixed in there

Could potentially turn him into Westhoff.

If he’s got the hunger to compete then I believe he could dominate in this role. He’d likely end up kicking more goals as his confidence would be sky high.

Imagine him regularly picking up 20 odd touches, presenting along the wings, filling gaps in defence, using his beautiful field kick and then floating forward to be another target.

Loved seeing him up the ground just competing, after he cut his head open on Saturday.

But then again, it could go terribly wrong and perhaps he is simply a bust after all haha

It’s bring your own seating unless you’re able to get one of the 1000-2000 seats they actually have at the stadium.

Given the AFL is so deadset commercially minded, even they must be annoyed themselves that they’ve allowed this game out there compared to the revenue they’d have got out at Docklands with a huge Lions fan base in attendance.
There's still some seats available. I guess with the limited options, it'll be a bit of a mixed bag in terms of supporters. I just didn't want to purchase mine smack in the centre of dogs main supporters, if that's a possibility? I might politely ask over on the dogs board.
Don't get to see the boys play that often, so considering making a family weekend of it.

There is over 5000 seats but don’t let the truth get in the way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thinking of braving the weather and heading to this game. Anyone else purchased tickets yet? And is there are an opposition seating area that we know of? Need to get 4 tickets together, so understand my options are limited.

I bought some tickets and have been to a game there before, if you want 4 seats together probably get onto it soon. There a lot of negativity on here about the stadium but is actually a brilliant place to watch footy. The worst seats are basically level 2 at Marvel. It probably be cold but as anyone who used to go to windy hill/ Victoria park/ Kardinia park will know it’s not the end of the world.

I got a cheap ticket off a mate who's a doggies member, we're planning on just rolling up & sitting/standing wherever..

I bought some tickets and have been to a game there before, if you want 4 seats together probably get onto it soon. There a lot of negativity on here about the stadium but is actually a brilliant place to watch footy. The worst seats are basically level 2 at Marvel. It probably be cold but as anyone who used to go to windy hill/ Victoria park/ Kardinia park will know it’s not the end of the world.

Cheers. Do they have supporter areas or is it open slather?
Have 4 lined up in 2 completely different spots. One in section 20 and the other, on the diagonal.

With Andrews returning, Fagan should consider playing McStay back and moving Walker forward. Josh Walker been amazing this year and is in career best form. Currently averaging 7.9 marks a game and ranked 7th in the league, only five marks behind Michael Hurley. Given that many of his marks are also contested he has been dominating opponents in the air. I would love to see him as a target in the forward line. Remember Fagan flirted with Andrews up forward in the pre-season on the strength of his marking. Based on form in the marking department Walker is a better option.

If Hipwood is suspended, which I very much doubt, then I would include Andrews up back, move McStay into defence and tell him to spoil everything and go with Walker and Keays up forward.

Last edited:
I got a cheap ticket off a mate who's a doggies member, we're planning on just rolling up & sitting/standing wherever..

There is couple of old school style areas where you can stand on the hill, other than buying a seat I not sure if you can get one unless your super early and get one of the seats on the fence in the GA area.

Cheers. Do they have supporter areas or is it open slather?
Have 4 lined up in 2 completely different spots. One in section 20 and the other, on the diagonal.

I was at the game as a neutral so I didn’t take much notice of seating areas. I am sure the dogs cheer squad have an area for them set out but not exactly sure where it is! Prob best to avoid it though unless you want your wallet stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back