Opinion Don Pyke general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down people, I watched the whole interview and didn't like it either but I doubt he's being completely up front with it. It's called media spin. I'm confident that they are treating these losses very seriously and looking at ways to correct it. If indeed they are do you really think he's going to give all that away to the media? That's what Sando used to do and it infuriated me. Whether their new game plans will work against these tactics that sides are throwing at us we'll have to wait and see I guess but I'm not overly worried about that interview.

This lack of toughness has been coming for years, ever since they knew danger was leaving which we all know was two years before he actually left, as he would have been captain of the AFC otherwise

Some think Tex was made captain because he was a better suit, and still live in denial over that

We have known for the last 4 years about our soft underbelly it wasnt just from last years trade period

So what do we next?

3 losses certainly don't tank a career, but his entire attitude has been total head in the sand type stuff over the last month.

Refusal to change personnel, refusal to change tactics going into a game and very slow to change them during a game. At some point you actually need to do something different, other than saying "we need to do better"

The same players you've picked every damn week are telling you they can't do better when they continually fail like this.

Calm down people, I watched the whole interview and didn't like it either but I doubt he's being completely up front with it. It's called media spin. I'm confident that they are treating these losses very seriously and looking at ways to correct it. If indeed they are do you really think he's going to give all that away to the media? That's what Sando used to do and it infuriated me. Whether their new game plans will work against these tactics that sides are throwing at us we'll have to wait and see I guess but I'm not overly worried about that interview.

Except it's consistent with all his actions.

We said we were going to back the boys to respond after the Kangaroos game, we backed the boys in.

We said we were going to trust our system vs Geelong. We trusted our system.

There have not been any smoke and mirrors from the club, just stubbornness.

Hang hang on! Time out! What about the organic growth?
He knew, we knew, everybody knew, that we needed some elite inside midfielder/s! What did we do at the trade table?
That is just PR spin and everyone knew it at the time. I'm sure you are being sarcastic

Stop following AFL, pick another team or strap in for several more years of mediocrity because I don't see us missing finals anytime soon and he won't get sacked while we are making finals.

We are still challenging this year, we cant say we arent considering where we sit, we need to decide next year if we truly are capable of winning the flag, I suppose with the bulldogs finishing 7th last year and taking the flag you cant discount yourself

When we feel we arent a shot by trading in some players required and we are floundering we deliberatlly bottom out and get some decent picks trade some older players for picks and rebuild hard

Something new to us as the club hates to bottom out

We are still challenging this year, we cant say we arent considering where we sit, we need to decide next year if we truly are capable of winning the flag, I suppose with the bulldogs finishing 7th last year and taking the flag you cant discount yourself

When we feel we arent a shot by trading in some players required and we are floundering we deliberatlly bottom out and get some decent picks trade some older players for picks and rebuild hard

Something new to us as the club hates to bottom out

Tell me we're challenging once we can beat the tag Sloane + extra men back game plan.

3 losses certainly don't tank a career, but his entire attitude has been total head in the sand type stuff over the last month.

Refusal to change personnel, refusal to change tactics going into a game and very slow to change them during a game. At some point you actually need to do something different, other than saying "we need to do better"

The same players you've picked every damn week are telling you they can't do better when they continually fail like this.
I haven't listened and don't think I'll waste my time but they played a clip on the news and this bit interested me "we are still playing good footy".

Surely a journo who has a clue should have followed up with:

"You sure Don? North spanked you, you gave up a 4 goal lead against Melbourne to lose by 5, you spanked the bottom team and a poor Freo and then Geelong embarrassed you, so what are you basing that on?"

I haven't listened and don't think I'll waste my time but they played a clip on the news and this bit interested me "we are still playing good footy".

"You sure Don? North spanked you, you gave up a 4 goal lead against Melbourne to lose by 5, you spanked the bottom team and a poor Freo and then Geelong embarrassed you, so what are you basing that on?"

Mackay might not be dropped elite, Pyke appeared to want to back his team, I seriously cant see too many changes, going on the presser Two at most with one being Brown , Im looking forward to your melt, although i wont be impressed if beech or wigg dont get a crack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackay might not be dropped elite, Pyke appeared to want to back his team, I seriously cant see too many changes, going on the presser Two at most with one being Brown , Im looking forward to your melt, although i wont be impressed if beech or wigg dont get a crack
Look it's getting to the stage if we don't make changes I'll start going to the movies more.

The two fantastic wins in amongst the losses

I actually think ROB with Sauce would be good to see this week
For me that's my number one requested change, even ahead of Mackay.

I've had enough of Jacobs yo-yo performances. He was a major factor in that first qtr performance. Smith regularly hit the ball to their free players, Jacobs tapped it to a contest or one of our players under pressure.

Jacobs so far has been immune to media scrutiny, when he deserves a heap of it. Drop him and send a message to him and his soft mates.

Look it's getting to the stage if we don't make changes I'll start going to the movies more.

$10 tickets at Hoyts and Reading cinemas atm. :thumbsu:

'It was one night' - Wrong. It's the third time against this team, and the third time this year so far.

'That's football'. 'It happens'

I got about a minute into the interview and gave up.

All faith lost. By refusing to accept that there might be something wrong which has lead to the remarkable repetition of these exact same events, we're doomed to repeat them.

Edit: I won't even get into the claim that our fans who are quite understandably upset by the performance and manner in which we were defeated need 'perspective'.

'It was one night' - Wrong. It's the third time against this team, and the third time this year so far.

'That's football'. 'It happens'

I got about a minute into the interview and gave up.

All faith lost. By refusing to accept that there might be something wrong which has lead to the remarkable repetition of these exact same events, we're doomed to repeat them.

Edit: I won't even get into the claim that our fans who are quite understandably upset by the performance and manner in which we were defeated need 'perspective'.
Get some perspective mate

Get some perspective mate

The problem is I have too much ****ing perspective.

I've got such a wide lens view of our shitful recent history and our endless repetition of humiliating collapse that it's all I can see flashing through my mind every time we win a meaningless game. The full perspective and knowledge that we're repeating the same damn cursed cycle.

We beat a woeful Brisbane and I'm sitting here rocking back and forth muttering 'man up on the loose defender Don. Don, the loose defender', 'Don't leave Massie on Franklin Don', 'the same team that failed in the past is unlikely to succeed in the exact same circumstances Don'.

You know who needs some ****ing perspective? The bath water drinkers at the club who decided we'd won the premiership in ****ing April and apparently want respect for our 8 wins (which include glorious victories over Brisbane) like that somehow matters if we can't get it done when the going is tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Don Pyke general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back