News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a terrible outcome and sets a shocking precedent for future scenarios involving other sporting clubs.

Essendon are clearly guilty of poor governance and while there was insufficient evidence to prove them of such guilt in terms of their players using banned substances this doesn't mean they're innocent of any charges, it just means it couldn't be proven sadly.

When records of a players supplementation are not recorded (which demonstrates poor governance) then how on earth was ASADA going to prove absolute guilt towards the 34 past and present Essendon players plus it didn't help that Essendon kept hindering ASADA's investigation at every turn rather than cooperating with them.

Sadly I'm not surprised by the outcome and I think this is a tragedy for football to be honest! A systematic doping regime by a whole football club has resulted in no punishments and yet two of our own players are going to get severely punished and rightly so if there b sample tests are shown to be 'positive' but the mind boggles sometimes.

It's a crap day all round! No one should be satisfied about this.

It's a terrible outcome and sets a shocking precedent for future scenarios involving other sporting clubs.

Essendon are clearly guilty of poor governance and while there was insufficient evidence to prove them of such guilt in terms of their players using banned substances this doesn't mean they're innocent of any charges, it just means it couldn't be proven sadly.

When records of a players supplementation are not recorded (which demonstrates poor governance) then how on earth was ASADA going to prove absolute guilt towards the 34 past and present Essendon players plus it didn't help that Essendon kept hindering ASADA's investigation at every turn rather than cooperating with them.

Sadly I'm not surprised by the outcome and I think this is a tragedy for football to be honest! A systematic doping regime by a whole football club has resulted in no punishments and yet two of our own players are going to get severely punished and rightly so if there b sample tests are shown to be 'positive' but the mind boggles sometimes.

The AFL and People in Hird’s Cult be happy.

The Rest of us just think this is the Beginning of the end of the AFL as we know it

Just totally disgusted.

Surely, this can't be the end of it. If ease dons can make a million appeals Crapsada can make one also.

No chance in hell I'm putting my son into a footy club.

Used to be a drinking culture thing, now its a drug and PED culture thing.

These people are ROOTING our great game....

Surely, this can't be the end of it. If ease dons can make a million appeals Crapsada can make one also.

No chance in hell I'm putting my son into a footy club.

Used to be a drinking culture thing, now its a drug and PED culture thing.

These people are ROOTING our great game....

Mate, that's society.... The human race is well and truly rooted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woosha replies for them Dave, then he advises them all to shutup in case it's them in the shi* next time. Hardly a unanimous endorsement for mine.

So - It’s just Woosha is a AFL Stooge?

Well Woosha can’t talk about players and drug problems;)

My static image thoughts:

00b0aadb6bb2c66676c75ac179cfa00f9abae17abd6089b6bab5bf62828b92e7.jpg

Predictable and fair outcome given the AFL couldn't afford to ban half of the club for financial reasons and the players were clearly the least culpable party in this mess. My only spew is that Hird isn't banished forever.
And gut feel tells me the verdict stems from ASADA's inability to show which players exactly were jabbed with TB4.
It also seems like the ADVRP completely disregarded the intent angle which considering the supply chain wouldn't be hard to prove.

Hi Dave. Same here mate. I get plenty of joy listening to the footy on radio. Will boycott future Essendon games altogether.
Will never attend another Ess game myself, probably best I go to the local Russell (RSL) & have a few jars with some Aussie legends.

Then why have they be found not guilty? Must be fine.
Really? You're even going to be a **** about this?

Is the contrary opinion the only way you get hard?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back