Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

You can so easily tell the North supporters who follow AFLW from those who don't. The former have an overwhelming sense of hope and expectation about them. The latter remain angry, miserable, and joyless. I would advise everyone to get on board if only for their own mental health.

I think you could drive a truck between 'when did we last win a game' and 'we are unbeatable'. Clearly the W programs are going well.

We have the longest GF drought of any side in the competition. Level with Carlton.

We haven’t made one since the years started being written with the number two at the front.

Twenty five years of various shades of mediocrity and shitfulness.

And now, we’ve got a president pointing to a whole host of peripheral ‘successes’ that are irrelevant to the one thing that matters.

Winning games of football.
We have a women's team that are winning games of football.

After we win the next AFL flag, I will be starting a recriminations thread for the identification and shaming of the cowards who wilted under fire during the rebuild.

This thread will be a rich source of material.
lol as if we are going to win an AFL flag anytime soon. No one criticising the club expects us to win the flag. It would be nice however to win circa 5-6 games a year to give supporters a bit of hope given his poor we have been for the last 5 seasons. I hardly think that’s being cowardly.

Our VFLW team just won the flag and our AFLW was in the last grand final.
Cool. Thats so ****ing awesome! They could win every flag known to man and it would never EVER compare to an AFL flag. But I commend them on their efforts, its tremendous and the men should be in absolute awe
hand congratulate GIF by Tvoje Lice Zvuči Poznato

Last edited:
After we win the next AFL flag, I will be starting a recriminations thread for the identification and shaming of the cowards who wilted under fire during the rebuild.

Mate I love you as a poster however there is literally nothing to support or validate our chances of being flag contenders any time soon.

We won 2 using the 10-year rule in the 70's.

We won 2 on the back of a talented bunch of under 19's and paying Sydney $10,000 for the rights of a generational talent and one of the most talented full forwards to play the game.

All 4 of our flags have been won with some point of difference and human intervention to give us a leg up over the competition.
That's why we were known as the innovators. I think those days are over though. No longer do we push the boundaries or test the limits to get a leg up over our rivals. We pretty much fall in line, keep AFL house happy and tick over a profit.

Knowing how our 4 flags have been won and how hard they were to win, fast forward to the current AFL landscape, that is based on "equalisation", that have kids from across the land wanting to play for big clubs and on the big stage, that after initial free agency success, ever since we turned to shit this has been a baron waste land for us, that we hardly play at the G and the place is now a venue we are deliberately hidden away from - so to even speak of a 5th flag means the club is going to have do to something extraordinary to feature on the last day of September and hold that cup aloft once more. I personally don't see that kind of leadership at the footy club.

Clarko has that aura but he is one man. And the coach. It can't all be left to him.

Im still pissed off Tarryn was given the arse. When he rolls into another club and wins 5 AA’s and many other accolades.. you can put this on the el presidentes resume..
Bloke was given more than enough chances, if he can't keep a promise not to threaten women in order to save his career then he's not worth keeping in the workplace.

Bloke was given more than enough chances, if he can't keep a promise not to threaten women in order to save his career then he's not worth keeping in the workplace.
No convictions champ. Allegations. But we need not excuse anything that a woman can do. Absolutely 100% mans fault, women do nothing wrong. They are all perfect angels to be held in upmost respect all the time.

lol **** off. And this isn’t even a rebuild.

This is ****ing ground minus zero

We won a game of football three days ago.

If your view is only the blokes count, that's fine, you go for it.
My emotional investment in this club is to the men’s competition based on watching the club through the 90’s as a kid.

You can’t just plonk a women’s team in the same colours (with a different name mind you) and expect to have the same attachment.

I’ll watch casually, but their success does very little for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No convictions champ. Allegations. But we need not excuse anything that a woman can do. Absolutely 100% mans fault, women do nothing wrong. They are all perfect angels to be held in upmost respect all the time.
Your mask is slipping a little there bud 🤡

My emotional investment in this club is to the men’s competition based on watching the club through the 90’s as a kid.

You can’t just plonk a women’s team in the same colours (with a different name mind you) and expect to have the same attachment.

Mine too.. its a sideshow, ive been to AFLW games, ive enjoyed my time on the outer with the tin lids. When we win, do I carry on and take it to work? Or banter with peers? **** no. Its like watching a lower division competition footy game. No disrespect, and good on the afl for their attempt to grab money from women but in reality its a ****ing joke.

Mine too.. its a sideshow, ive been to AFLW games, ive enjoyed my time on the outer with the tin lids. When we win, do I carry on and take it to work? Or banter with peers? **** no. Its like watching a lower division competition footy game. No disrespect, and good on the afl for their attempt to grab money from women but in reality its a ****ing joke.
No disrespect, but here is a disrespectful comment

No disrespect, but here is a disrespectful comment
Is it? I dont believe its as elite as it can be? I think the competition is a little premature. I think when you have players running around that would struggle to reach 8 on beep test, I think thats an indictment on elite sport as a whole. I reckon theres what 300 players in the WAFL comp? Ish? With state stuff included? Go grab 300 of the top women tennis players and have them run head to head on aerobic capacity? We are actually doing women athletes a disservice and making a mockery of elite womens sport.

People are slamming Davey-Motlep as a 17 year old because he isn’t showing elite athletic traits. Thats the level. Yeh? Its a clown show. But hey, woooo! We choked last year because we pay 2 x AFLw players 400+K a year in the Marquee player payments we need to be accepting of that?

MEN DO BETTER! Spare me

Im sure i’ll be labelled as a misogynist and anti women and all this shit. I empower women and champion their success.

Last edited:

I'm just highlighting this to correct the record - the 1977 flag did not have anyone acquired via the ten year rule.

Also we should have at least made a GF between 2013-2016.

I think you could drive a truck between 'when did we last win a game' and 'we are unbeatable'. Clearly the W programs are going well.

It actually creates whiplash going from one to another.

Im still pissed off Tarryn was given the arse. When he rolls into another club and wins 5 AA’s and many other accolades.. you can put this on the el presidentes resume..

La Presidente ... feminine form.

Mate I love you as a poster however there is literally nothing to support or validate our chances of being flag contenders any time soon.

We won 2 on the back of a talented bunch of under 19's and paying Sydney $10,000 for the rights of a generational talent and one of the most talented full forwards to play the game.

All 4 of our flags have been won with some point of difference and human intervention to give us a leg up over the competition.
That's why we were known as the innovators. I think those days are over though. No longer do we push the boundaries or test the limits to get a leg up over our rivals. We pretty much fall in line, keep AFL house happy and tick over a profit.

Knowing how our 4 flags have been won and how hard they were to win, fast forward to the current AFL landscape, that is based on "equalisation", that have kids from across the land wanting to play for big clubs and on the big stage, that after initial free agency success, ever since we turned to shit this has been a baron waste land for us, that we hardly play at the G and the place is now a venue we are deliberately hidden away from - so to even speak of a 5th flag means the club is going to have do to something extraordinary to feature on the last day of September and hold that cup aloft once more. I personally don't see that kind of leadership at the footy club.

Clarko has that aura but he is one man. And the coach. It can't all be left to him.

Yeah got some now too. I know what you mean bro, just jeez, you may as well just jump in the bath with a two bar radiator with that attitude.

Yeah got some now too. I know what you mean bro, just jeez, you may as well just jump in the bath with a two bar radiator with that attitude.
We will need more of a sample size to know we are on the right track.

It just has to happen because I think maybe one more year of development can be squeezed out of this tired and miserable supporter base, and then if this list isn't ready to go to challenge for finals in 2026 - what ever are we doing anymore?

I didn’t turn up early to watch the 96 Men’s Reserves Premiership either

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back