Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't really complain because it's ultimately up to the players to perform. They have the platform already that Sonja has worked her arse off to get done.

So now that the club has done what it needs to do, I'm now going to put the magnifying glass on the playing group. The club is ready to be ambitious but the playing group need to believe it. We can complain about Sonja, the coaches, list management or whatever but 22 players capable of AFL level go out every week. When does the criticism come on them?

No doubt this has been a very disappointing year, but I wonder also what we might be feeling now, if these three hard to watch game endings/incidents, had have resulted in us having kicked one more goal in each.

I have been taken to task here in another thread for saying that we should not get too down on ourselves because of the thrashings in the last two games of the season.

My view is that the players were shot emotionally at the end of the season, not least because of the outcome of these three bits of footage below.

Good teams (or a team on the up) win regardless of the adjudication or factors out of our control.

We're not a good team nor are we improving enough for it to be of worthwhile consideration. Win 6-8 games at the very least and we can start to think about the next big step.

No doubt this has been a very disappointing year, but I wonder also what we might be feeling now, if these three hard to watch game endings/incidents, had have resulted in us having kicked one more goal in each.

I have been taken to task here in another thread for saying that we should not get too down on ourselves because of the thrashings in the last two games of the season.

My view is that the players were shot emotionally at the end of the season, not least because of the outcome of these three bits of footage below.

All three should have been wins. There's our six for the season, double last year. This is exactly why priority number uno this trade period is getting some guys in who don't lose 90% of the games they play and can pull some of these boys out of the pit they're in when things get dicey.

We really need to jump that now mountain-sized mental hurdle.

I'd love it if we brought in pendles, parker, wines on a million each for a season each. Something insane like that. A transplant of leadership ok big coin for one season. Win win win.
Its funny of how far fetched and ludicrous that figure is, its not the dumbest idea I have ever heard. **** Pendlebury though, campaigners cooked.

I can't really complain because it's ultimately up to the players to perform. They have the platform already that Sonja has worked her arse off to get done.

So now that the club has done what it needs to do, I'm now going to put the magnifying glass on the playing group. The club is ready to be ambitious but the playing group need to believe it. We can complain about Sonja, the coaches, list management or whatever but 22 players capable of AFL level go out every week. When does the criticism come on them?
What platform has Sonja worked her arse off for? Have a ****ing spell. Wouldn’t work in an iron lung, typical bureaucrat.. nothing has changed.

All three should have been wins. There's our six for the season, double last year. This is exactly why priority number uno this trade period is getting some guys in who don't lose 90% of the games they play and can pull some of these boys out of the pit they're in when things get dicey.

We really need to jump that now mountain-sized mental hurdle.
We could have easily lost the 3 we won too, numb nuts.

elley duhe GIF by Zedd

Unfortunately the initial attempts to refresh out list in 2017-18 and 20-21 haven't really worked and we are basically at level 1.

We are by far the youngest and most in-experienced team and our best players are pretty much all 26 and under. We are on the right path, we have just taken 10 years to due to some poor management and board decisions.

Over the past 12 months we have locked away certain positions on the ground:
  • Curtis as a medium/small forward
  • Xerri as a ruckman
  • Comben as defender/swingman
  • Archer as a lockdown small/tall defender
  • Sheezel as an elite mid/forward
  • Mckercher as a gun! (most likely moves to a wing)

Larkey, Scott and Tucker are decent in their respective positions and and Durs, Hardeman and Dawson all look really promising.

The list is in a much better position that what it was 12 months ago and I think her sentiment in the letter reflected this. I know it's painful and frustrating but the foundations are there, we are just 24 months away form being really competitive.
Thanks Sonia.

Why does everybody blame Brady for our draft and trade failings? Surely these decisions are based on consultation with the Coaches and their plans and needs, and over the last five years he had had three different coaches all with different coaching philosophies and different drafting plans. It's "Trumpism" at its dumbest.
Not sure if actually serious?

He is the list manager and has done absolutely **** all outside of the first 2 rounds of the draft.

He's signed multiple spuds to ridiculous multi year deals, been arse ****ed on every trade he's made, has engaged in a stupid mid first drafting strategy that some peanut come up with and absolutely ****ed the composition of the team in doing so. No rookie picks, no msd picks, nada. He's ****ing useless.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed…yes l agree with that sentiment.
Do l envy her position…no
Getting bashed by the supporters…. After what seems like an never ending cycle and a beyond disappointing end to the season people are fed up…so yeah she’s going to be judged more than ever. On a hiding to none.
Me …l appreciate the update and no lm not going to join the pile on.
She has my support…And l will take this stability off feild everyday vs the shitshow started by one B Scott and compounded by inept boards, inexperienced coaches that followed going fwd.
But
l will watch and view with more interest on how we approach this trade period which l think is in some ways this one is more crucial than ever if we are to progress outta this bottom half in regards to mature players.
Are they going to be bullish and chase / get creative or will it just be a couple of wholesale changes with some stop gap fillers going fwd again with and backing in the status quo.

These actions are what l will be looking for to see if they are as a club genuine about doing something about it…and which l will judge them on as individuals and as club going fwd.

Let me tell you something, there are many ways to get footballers to the club outside of this.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can we offer Visy Ambassadorships, Puma boot promotions, Hotel Licenses, Fast Food Franchises and cars or jobs for player's parents?

If so, then let's land us a big fish!!!

It's as hilariously predictable as supporters shouting at players to kick the ball long. Then when they do, and it's intercepted, same supporters moan about who are they kicking it to.
JUST KICK THE BLOODY THING!!!!!

not there

I'd love it if we brought in pendles, parker, wines on a million each for a season each. Something insane like that. A transplant of leadership ok big coin for one season. Win win win.
Parker is the only one were speaking to and lots will depend on Sydney winning the flag.
Other 2 are no chance

Can we offer Visy Ambassadorships, Puma boot promotions, Hotel Licenses, Fast Food Franchises and cars or jobs for player's parents?

If so, then let's land us a big fish!!!
Thanks Brady, try scouting outside the top 20 u/18s this year.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If she was too blunt the letter would be too negative.....too positive would be too delusional.

You can't win either way. No type of letter with the way our season went...particularly how it finished would appease the members.

Personally I was hoping to read an update on our tassie exit and where those home games are gonna be. Maybe we'll hear something at the b'n'f or next year.

Last edited:
you know what, nevermind, the entirely predictable bitch and moan session is inevitable it seems

Your moaning about others moaning is just as predictable lol what did I expect her to write though, it’s the same shit every year.

The fluff pieces just don’t sit right with people, it’s so overly positive it comes across as not authentic or fake. It’s cringe.

We have regressed as a club and not improved. I am so sick and tired of the same old message - be positive no matter happens, ignore the issues, so no change can be facilitated.

We are soft, and our leaders (players too) should harden up.

Next season is crunch time for the club and it’s endless rebuilding. Need to be ready from round 1, fit, firing, hungry and making an impact. Fitness should not be questioned. No limp, weak ‘good effort’ bullshit. 6-8 wins, including an upset win over a big team should be the minimum. Sonja should be making it known to the players that it’s time for them to start delivering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back