Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes the classic ‘dismiss any dissenting opinion because of a minority that take it too far’ tactic that has served the club faithfully these last few years by proxy and enabled them to go into each and every season with next to zero expectations.
I see Maxwell Smart has entered the conversation. "That's the second time I've fallen for that this week!"

How much are we investing into womens footy? Whats the negative return? There is not a chance in hell that is making us any coin. We need to build our AFL team up, we need a couple of soft cap inclusions to assist us move forward. The womens footy aint doin shit. Especially when I turned up once to watch the game at Arden st with a couple of deck chairs and snacks for the kids and was told to ship off. Never going back. Get rid of our AFLW team and spend the resources fixing our AFL team

Oh ship off. Give us anger, frustration or a resignation. You all want Angry Clarko? Ive had a gutfull of our club being hyper focused on womens footy that loses money!! Its a joke. It must go. They haven’t won anything after all the extra funding we give em. **** them off

Our balance sheet and our AFL team may have an extra 2 coaches in the box if it wasn’t for the AFLW team, who cant win shit either. We have the highest paid aflw team on the park and have had for the last few years. Its time to put a nail in that coffin and come back to it when we can fix our AFL team

That's it, let your inner Andrew Tate out. Blame the women for everything wrong in your life.

Aside from being massively, ignorantly, incontrovertibly wrong on the issue of the women's program not bringing in money, you are just coming off as a complete incel dick at this point.

Yeah I reckon given our entire existence might come into question soon it’s a fair query as to how we are travelling commercially.
I understand and appreciate your interest but I just don't think it is shared by the average supporter. Imagine if Sonja had spent half the letter talking up off field results. Certain people on here who appear to be off their meds with anger would go completely postal at the very hint of a suggestion that off field results in any way makes up for the last two games of the season.

That's it, let your inner Andrew Tate out. Blame the women for everything wrong in your life.

Aside from being massively, ignorantly, incontrovertibly wrong on the issue of the women's program not bringing in money, you are just coming off as a complete incel dick at this point.
Pfff. Its a waste of resources when our senior team is well under funded. Highest paid team in the entire competition. If they don’t win the flag they can ship off. Our priorities from our board are up their own arses at the moment.

Tough position to be in to be honest.

The challenge is that the message has been the same: "we're disappointed and dissatisfied but there is hope on the horizon because the kids are promising".

But the results haven't changed for five years and the horizon seems no closer.

Your moaning about others moaning is just as predictable lol what did I expect her to write though, it’s the same shit every year.

The fluff pieces just don’t sit right with people, it’s so overly positive it comes across as not authentic or fake. It’s cringe.

We have regressed as a club and not improved. I am so sick and tired of the same old message - be positive no matter happens, ignore the issues, so no change can be facilitated.

We are soft, and our leaders (players too) should harden up.
Genuine question, what were you hoping to read? Or would you prefer she didn't send an end-of-season letter to members?

All three should have been wins. There's our six for the season, double last year. This is exactly why priority number uno this trade period is getting some guys in who don't lose 90% of the games they play and can pull some of these boys out of the pit they're in when things get dicey.

We really need to jump that now mountain-sized mental hurdle.
The fact that they just ****ing gave up after a game like that WC loss tells you everything you need to know. We've continued to load up on top 5 picks but this gaping, smarting hole has been there in the guts of the team for years. Sydney game last year, everyone forgets the two cheap goals that we allowed (after having comprehensively outplayed them) before the interchange thing because the lads went into their shells and forgot that they could still score themselves. Exact same shit happened against Gold Coast, one of the the most mentally weak away teams ever. We were fortunate Ainsworth missed. Was the West Coast game a chance to reverse the trend and show mettle? Nup. Straight to fear and preservation mode. Oh no, here we go again and we can't do anything to stop it. Self-sabotage at its finest.

Whether they manage to get over this hump in the next eight months will probably determine the future of the club. It's ridiculous, the number of decent players we have and the collective output we're getting. Absolutely ridiculous

Time for words to make us feel better is over and that’s from the whole club.
It’s time the 23 players and coaches on game day perform - all the feel good stories of the summer will not change that.
That’s the problem though. Some of the 23 are ‘performing’ but you just wouldn’t know it because they’re shit.

hansen jr getting 9 soft touches and occasionally kicking a goal is ‘performing’. Drury having an average 12 possession, no-impact game is ‘performing’

That’s the problem though. Some of the 23 are ‘performing’ but you just wouldn’t know it because they’re shit.

hansen jr getting 9 soft touches and occasionally kicking a goal is ‘performing’. Drury having an average 12 possession, no-impact game is ‘performing’
Small forwards aren’t known or expected to get 20 touches a game

Small forwards aren’t known or expected to get 20 touches a game
Where did I say they were? Note the other references.

We have two shit small forwards who aren’t AFL standard and never will be by any metric. Not their fault, they try but don’t have the attributes.

We have two shit small forwards who aren’t AFL standard and never will be by any metric. Not their fault, they try but don’t have the attributes.
To my eyes those two are VFL players. I've seen enough of Drury but another year for Hansen (especially as a rookie lister) is ok.

Problem we have is we don't compare these players to the 23 that other teams roll out each week.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was just word salad.

There isn’t really much she can say to make anybody feel better.

The only thing would be, “thanks for the service Brady, we wish you well on your future endeavours “.
The letter proves Rawlings will still be employed and McDonald captain of the AFL side in 2025 and beyond.

I’ll give you Drury tries hard but isn’t up to it but with RHJ there is something there. He won’t be an A grade most probably but he can play a role , like an owies , butler type player

The fact that they just ****ing gave up after a game like that WC loss tells you everything you need to know. We've continued to load up on top 5 picks but this gaping, smarting hole has been there in the guts of the team for years. Sydney game last year, everyone forgets the two cheap goals that we allowed (after having comprehensively outplayed them) before the interchange thing because the lads went into their shells and forgot that they could still score themselves. Exact same shit happened against Gold Coast, one of the the most mentally weak away teams ever. We were fortunate Ainsworth missed. Was the West Coast game a chance to reverse the trend and show mettle? Nup. Straight to fear and preservation mode. Oh no, here we go again and we can't do anything to stop it. Self-sabotage at its finest.

Whether they manage to get over this hump in the next eight months will probably determine the future of the club. It's ridiculous, the number of decent players we have and the collective output we're getting. Absolutely ridiculous
The West Coast win kind of bucked this trend…then again we were 30+ up in the last quarter so it probably doesn’t.

The West Coast win kind of bucked this trend…then again we were 30+ up in the last quarter so it probably doesn’t.
Maybe. As you say though, you can flip that on its head. Archer caught Darling htb when he looked like putting them two kicks clear. Jy stepped up with the set shot after a shithouse free kick decision. Curtis then took the opportunity to put the game beyond doubt. We required three of those moments in order to keep a fellow rabble team at bay after the breathing room we'd established. And one of those moments was partially manufactured by an umpire. Incredible. Any other team would easily maintain a min. 15 pt lead in that scenario. Not us

Genuine question, what were you hoping to read? Or would you prefer she didn't send an end-of-season letter to members?
Sonja had to send something out after what we have been through - but it needed to be a full and frank assessment of where we are at, not some post that resembles the happy clapper crap from a BF poster (which is how it reads). She said pre season - I will judge the year on how members feel about going to the footy - well how did that work out?

Give us some real insight into what are the plans on and off the field to turn this disaster around - it can't just be wishful thinking/great talent/we won a few awards/Clarko will turn it around - we are over those platitudes. We are 8 wins away from getting our of the bottom 4 - 11 wins from getting into the bottom of the 8 - we are further away from being competitive than when she took over.

To even mention 'silverware' is an insult to members who put in their hard earned and watch the players not even wanting to play in the last 2 weeks of the season. This stuff is unacceptable as a club and she needs to call it out.

And also it shouldn't have been a 'mens' and 'women' email - it needed to be standalone analysis and explanation of the failures of the men's program - not a sugar coating with as many words about the women program as if success there somehow makes up for the failures of the mens program.

Not much of a member communication. No mention of how we plan to replace the Tasmania money. No update on the Arden Precinct. No indication around how the club performed commercially this year. No questioning of the players and current leaders. Seems like the club just takes the average members for suckers who would only be interested in win/loss and nothing else.
Yep, lucky I tuned in here to find out there was even a comm. I got an email congratulating me on being 31 year member but directing me to the features of a 1-2 year member and no email from the Prez. Quality set up, and just a nothing letter.

Sonja had to send something out after what we have been through - but it needed to be a full and frank assessment of where we are at, not some post that resembles the happy clapper crap from a BF poster (which is how it reads). She said pre season - I will judge the year on how members feel about going to the footy - well how did that work out?

Give us some real insight into what are the plans on and off the field to turn this disaster around - it can't just be wishful thinking/great talent/we won a few awards/Clarko will turn it around - we are over those platitudes. We are 8 wins away from getting our of the bottom 4 - 11 wins from getting into the bottom of the 8 - we are further away from being competitive than when she took over.

To even mention 'silverware' is an insult to members who put in their hard earned and watch the players not even wanting to play in the last 2 weeks of the season. This stuff is unacceptable as a club and she needs to call it out.

And also it shouldn't have been a 'mens' and 'women' email - it needed to be standalone analysis and explanation of the failures of the men's program - not a sugar coating with as many words about the women program as if success there somehow makes up for the failures of the mens program.
She’s more interested in the women than she is of the men. This is the issue. One last time I will say this.

In the AFL our program is the least funded in the entire comp

AFLW it is up with the highest funded in the entire comp.

Its a joke. It should be EQUAL. Even it out.

She’s more interested in the women than she is of the men. This is the issue. One last time I will say this.

In the AFL our program is the least funded in the entire comp

AFLW it is up with the highest funded in the entire comp.

Its a joke. It should be EQUAL. Even it out.
You can say stupid shit as often as you like, doesnt make any of it true.

Yep, lucky I tuned in here to find out there was even a comm. I got an email congratulating me on being 31 year member but directing me to the features of a 1-2 year member and no email from the Prez. Quality set up, and just a nothing letter.
A few more have commented in the membership thread. I got exactly the same as you - 31 year member but categorised as a 1-2 year Roo Recruit...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back