Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

It was just word salad.

There isn’t really much she can say to make anybody feel better.

The only thing would be, “thanks for the service Brady, we wish you well on your future endeavours “.
The pres believes hes doing a good job.

You can say stupid shit as often as you like, doesnt make any of it true.
it isn’t? Have a look at the womens footy list vs others. We are paying 2 wonen massive marquee rates, we have an abundance of staff and resources compared to other AFLW sides. We are spending more than others in this area and pillaging the AFL team.

We are paying no where near the soft cap, we are multiple coaches short, for what? To beef up the womens team. Its true.

This womens team has been pumped up financially to get them to win a flag. They choked last year and if they dont win it this year, we need to scale their funding back and get another coach into the soft cap.

El presidente cares about womens more so than the other.

it isn’t? Have a look at the womens footy list vs others. We are paying 2 wonen massive marquee rates, we have an abundance of staff and resources compared to other AFLW sides. We are spending more than others in this area and pillaging the AFL team.

We are paying no where near the soft cap, we are multiple coaches short, for what? To beef up the womens team. Its true.

This womens team has been pumped up financially to get them to win a flag. They choked last year and if they dont win it this year, we need to scale their funding back and get another coach into the soft cap.

El presidente cares about womens more so than the other.
Lol sure thing bud.

Only north side (asides from the champion vflw side mind you) that has the ability to win a ****en game, and made the grand final, and you hate it.

Cool, noted.

Lol we're doing the W team is cannibalising the blokes team thing again
I am going to have a stab and say the womens team has just as many losses as the mens have wins, since they entered the competition?

A few more have commented in the membership thread. I got exactly the same as you - 31 year member but categorised as a 1-2 year Roo Recruit...
I think you might be looking at it wrong. I had a similar thing happen to you but I realised that the website link that it sends you to is by default opening up the 1-2 year tab whereas you have to open the tab that pertains to you.

I think you might be looking at it wrong. I had a similar thing happen to you but I realised that the website link that it sends you to is by default opening up the 1-2 year tab whereas you have to open the tab that pertains to you.
Not looking at it wrong at all. The email itself - not the landing page - tells me I'm a Roo Recruit, which is incorrect. It should say, in my case, Blue and White member. Obviously a database error.

1725097546156.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think she would have copped less negative feedback if she was more demanding of results and expectation in 2025. Why not say something like “we must get out of the bottom four in 2025”?

Is it actually that impossible that they can’t be on the record for such a lowly goal?

She can say she thinks Clarkson and Viney are the right guys all she wants, but until you put something tangible on the record it’s just fluff.

I think she would have copped less negative feedback if she was more demanding of results and expectation in 2025. Why not say something like “we must get out of the bottom four in 2025”?

Is it actually that impossible that they can’t be on the record for such a lowly goal?

She can say she thinks Clarkson and Viney are the right guys all she wants, but until you put something tangible on the record it’s just fluff.
If you make a statement like that, then you’re accountable.

Can’t have that.

If you make a statement like that, then you’re accountable.

Can’t have that.
Which is why anyone expecting any sort of spike next year is delusional.

Difficult to improve when the leaders at our club aren’t willing to accept any accountability.

starting to think this nurturing message from the club, both through Clarko, Sonja and Jenn might be creating a bit of (and I can’t believe I wanted to say it) but instead of ‘soft’ perhaps, cuddled environment?

Now the argument isn’t yelling is the way to go, I get there are a lot of kids that need to be developed etc, but the clubs who are in the top 8 and have young kids coached by Chris Scott, Hinkley, Beveridge, Longmire, Mitchell etc probably aren’t getting this nurturing approach, almost thrown into the deep end and into the trenches, where they adjust to pressure.

you can definitely see * doing it too, and probably Brisbane

Win/loss record isn’t the right KPI to be putting out there. We already give enough fuel to the media through our performances without adding extra opportunities for them to tear us to shreds.

Definitely something that’s more appropriate between the four walls of the club and I’m sure they failed with whatever targets they had at the start of the season.

A few more have commented in the membership thread. I got exactly the same as you - 31 year member but categorised as a 1-2 year Roo Recruit...
Hey Rooni you're not categorized as that, the link sends you to the list of categories. Roo Recruit is the top of the list so it (annoyingly) jumps to that, but if you click on the Blue and White category you will see that it's for people with your length of service, as well as a list of all the things you were entitled to but didn't actually get 👍

Hey Rooni you're not categorized as that, the link sends you to the list of categories. Roo Recruit is the top of the list so it (annoyingly) jumps to that, but if you click on the Blue and White category you will see that it's for people with your length of service, as well as a list of all the things you were entitled to but didn't actually get 👍
Yep my point was (I probably wasn’t clear enough) that I was categorised that in the actual body of the email, not just on the landing page, so there’s clearly a data issue. Not fussed about the actual certificate or whatever. I know it’s trivial, just one of those glitches and yes, I got none of the ‘things’ either 🤷🏻‍♀️

Get a grip buddy. This club is historically bad and comically went backwards this season.
Changes need to be made. We are an embarassment.

If you want to give everyone at the club handies (assume you're a brady apologist) then line up but don't think you'll have to wait long as that line-up of apologists is getting shorter by the season.

Whining because people are upset with the current state of the club is pathetic on your part.
All we've done for the last five years is make changes and your solution is more changes....

That's ****en mental.

As in an actual sign of insanity - keeping on with the same stuff even tho it isn't working. Just for once lets have minimal changes and see what happens when these players have a bit of stability.

For the first time in half a ****en decade.

To get out of the bottom four this year we'd need to have won eleven games.

I don’t think you’d hear too many complaints if we had finished 16th with 10 wins
The comp is so tight that luck can have you finish anywhere from 5-14.

Then there’s the absolute train wrecks of 16/17/18. Of which we’ve been in for half a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back