Preview Draft Pick #18

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen much more of Horlin Smith than a 3 minute youtube video. I believe calling someone stupid constitutes a personal attack, and I call on the mods to take appropriate action here.

You haven't seen much more of GHS than a 3 minute youtube video.

You might have seen it 5 times, making it 15 minutes of footage.

Other than that, you've seen nothing.

That's the extent of your knowledge and I know this as a fact. I can bring up some saved messages for verification, if you like?

I think you'll find the mods agree with me in calling you stupid - so I wouldn't waste your time reporting my post.

You'd be better off re-watching the GHS youtube video again to claim you've seen more of him :D

You haven't seen much more of GHS than a 3 minute youtube video.

You might have seen it 5 times, making it 15 minutes of footage.

Other than that, you've seen nothing.

That's the extent of your knowledge and I know this as a fact. I can bring up some saved messages for verification, if you like?

I think you'll find the mods agree with me in calling you stupid - so I wouldn't waste your time reporting my post.

You'd be better off re-watching the GHS youtube video again to claim you've seen more of him :D
Incorrect.
I went to games to see him play live. I just didn't tell you because I didn't want to go with you :)
The fact is 4 years ago I wanted us to replace Hughes with Derek Hine when we had the chance. We didn't :mad:. So the pies have a premiership and we have Hughes.
This year I hope we either pick for our needs (KPP), or someone decent (like Horlin Smith). Is that too much to ask?

Incorrect.
I went to games to see him play live. I just didn't tell you because I didn't want to go with you :)
The fact is 4 years ago I wanted us to replace Hughes with Derek Hine when we had the chance. We didn't :mad:. So the pies have a premiership and we have Hughes.
This year I hope we either pick for our needs (KPP), or someone decent (like Horlin Smith). Is that too much to ask?

Haha. You are hilarious. :D

Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe 3/4 of the shit that you say and write.

You haven't seen him live, not once. Not for one second. That's a fact.

You've seen him on youtube. And I've got the proof saved on my computer, should anyone need to verify their thoughts that you are a complete and utter fraud, a liar, and a moron.

But then again, everyone that has read a post of yours in the past already knows this, so I doubt the extra proof is necessary.

Go have a wank over Schoenclangers, Hine, and your newest love child, GHS. I'm sure you've saved some screen shots of his youtube video onto your computer.

A twisted part of me secretly hopes for this to happen.
If Hughes doesn't take a KPP tomorrow, but instead goes for best available,and that player isn't a 150 game player, it is an absolute tragedy. We need KPPS and we should only take a midfielder if we are sure they will be able to be an absolute star. If there is minor difference between say a potential CHB or a potential mid, we should go the CHB. I don't care what others say to this, I'm for one will do everything I can to stop Collingwood's recruiting advantage getting them to premiership 17 before us, even if all I can do is make noise on a forum.

Haha. You are hilarious. :D

Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe 3/4 of the shit that you say and write.

You haven't seen him live, not once. Not for one second. That's a fact.

You've seen him on youtube. And I've got the proof saved on my computer, should anyone need to verify their thoughts that you are a complete and utter fraud, a liar, and a moron.

But then again, everyone that has read a post of yours in the past already knows this, so I doubt the extra proof is necessary.

Go have a wank over Schoenclangers, Hine, and your newest love child, GHS. I'm sure you've saved some screen shots of his youtube video onto your computer.

Mods he has now called me a fraud, liar and moron.
I think it's time for some action here.
In any event I don't care what you say. I know what I am, a passionate passionate supporter of Carlton who just wants us to get to premiership 17 and in my opinion our recruiting team isn't the best available to us there.

I wouldn't mind Darling.

If attitude problems are identified early they can be resolved.

An Aaron Hamill type player would be just what we need to go with our angry tassie boys.

Thank F*** we have waite who can play forward or back.

In any event I don't care what you say. I know what I am, a passionate passionate supporter of Carlton who just wants us to get to premiership 17 and in my opinion our recruiting team isn't the best available to us there.

The fact that you claim to have gone to see GHS play live, should be enough to confirm my name calling as fact.

He's from SA and has played school footy for most of the year.

You live in Victoria.

You haven't seen him play outside of a youtube video, yet you claim to have seen him live - so I reckon that calling you a fraud and a liar isn't off the mark. In fact, it's becoming increasingly accurate.

Guys, i know i am new to this caper, but please take your anger to another place.:thumbsdown: We all want what's best for CFC, there's no point getting frustrated given that all will be revealed tomorrow night.:D

My take is that Watson will fall to pick 18, he seems like a likely type. Has a great set of hands and can really penetrate the lines with his left boot. Noted in an article by Jay Clarke that he "Has some Brian Lake-traits. Ready to go next season."

Not sure whether WH will take the punt on him (i.e. @ 18) or wait to see if he can fall through to pick 34?

Thoughts...

Watson should not be ready to go next season, he will be potentally ready to go in 2-3 years time. People just assume that when someone already has the body weight that they're ready to go. He might not have the body strength to match his weight. Talls also require more time to develop than short players.

If we draft Watson, we should not expect him to make an impact until 2013. We will have to hope that Austin and White lift to take over the key defensive roles for 2011 and 12.

Guys, i know i am new to this caper, but Not sure whether WH will take the punt on him (i.e. @ 18) or wait to see if he can fall through to pick 34?

Thoughts...

Must (and will) take best KPP at 18. If we are lucky enough for McCarthy to slip will be him IMO, otherwise Watson. EricPascoe has already said we will. Best available with pick 34. Mature after this.

Incorrect.
I wasn't aware that Hine was responsible for their game plan.

The Pies won the flag due to their game plan and the decision to recruit Jolly, Ball and Brown to complement their mature players. Just like the Hawks who won the flag because of their veterans. They disappeared right off the map after they were worked out. And lost Campbell, Croad and Dew. Not surprising that the Filth brought in more experience in Krakouer and Tarrant to replace Prestigiacomo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson WILL release Gibbs! Booming kick, will hopefully take the Gorilla forwards.

McCarthy, while a great prospect, I feel is a bit similiar to Bower. Not fussed (infact, still happy) if we get him

I wasn't aware that Hine was responsible for their game plan.

The Pies won the flag due to their game plan and the decision to recruit Jolly, Ball and Brown to complement their mature players. Just like the Hawks who won the flag because of their veterans. They disappeared right off the map after they were worked out. And lost Campbell, Croad and Dew. Not surprising that the Filth brought in more experience in Krakouer and Tarrant to replace Prestigiacomo.

"The decision to recruit" Jolly Ball and Brown had input from hine.

But leaving them out, players recruited by Hine that played in the grand final replay:
Toovey
Brown
Reid
Wellingham
Beams
Dawes
Sidebottom
Pendlebury (norm smith)
Thomas
Goldsack
Mccafer
Blair

That's 12 out of 22, half the team. Their upper core of players are good but so are Geelong's, so are St Kilda's. A big part of what separated Collingwood this year and what marked their improvement was the performances of these 12.

Debating you is really a bit too easy.

Watson WILL release Gibbs! Booming kick, will hopefully take the Gorilla forwards.

McCarthy, while a great prospect, I feel is a bit similiar to Bower. Not fussed (infact, still happy) if we get him

Gibbs doesn't need to be replaced. He has played four seasons of football. He probably has 10 left.

"The decision to recruit" Jolly Ball and Brown had input from hine.

But leaving them out, players recruited by Hine that played in the grand final replay:
Toovey
Brown
Reid
Wellingham
Beams
Dawes
Sidebottom
Pendlebury (norm smith)
Thomas
Goldsack
Mccafer
Blair

That's 12 out of 22, half the team. Their upper core of players are good but so are Geelong's, so are St Kilda's. A big part of what separated Collingwood this year and what marked their improvement was the performances of these 12.

Debating you is really a bit too easy.

So you're suggeting that a clubs head of recruitment is responsible for the names that appear on the playing list? Master debater. There are five relatively mature first round and a couple of second round players listed there...they should be performing.

The fact that you claim to have gone to see GHS play live, should be enough to confirm my name calling as fact.

He's from SA and has played school footy for most of the year.

You live in Victoria.

You haven't seen him play outside of a youtube video, yet you claim to have seen him live - so I reckon that calling you a fraud and a liar isn't off the mark. In fact, it's becoming increasingly accurate.

I go to SA regularly

So you're suggeting that a clubs head of recruitment is responsible for the names that appear on the playing list? Master debater. There are five relatively mature first round and a couple of second round players listed there...they should be performing.

The General argued Collingwood won because of its senior players. It's a flawed argument.

Geelong also had outstanding senior players.
Ablett
Bartel
Johnson
Ling
Enright
Chapman
Selwood
They are a match for Collingwood's senior players but Collingwood pumped them when it counts. Why? Because Collingwood's 12 I pasted obviously played no part. IT was all the game plan and the senior players. They could have put anyone on the field really.

And as regards first/second rounders.
We have had since 2004 when Hughes the champion recruiter (outstanding record at Freo) came on board.

Russell (first round)
Hartlett (second round)
Murphy (PICK 1 and gun but anyon ecan pick a gun at pick 1)
Kennedy (over Pendlebury :thumbsu:)
Bower
Gibbs (PICK 1 and gun but anyon ecan pick a gun at pick 1)
Hampson
Grigg
Kreuzer (PICK 1 and gun but anyon ecan pick a gun at pick 1)
Yarran
Lucas

HUGHES HAS NO EXCUSE!!!!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/livechat/tabid/15974/default.aspx

[Comment From Blues Man]
Hi Paul, just wondering about Matthew Watson as the number 18 prediction. How does he compare as a key defender to say a Michael Hurley? Should we be excited at Carlton if we get him?
3:00
Paul Daffey: Hi Blues Man.

I'm not as sold on Watson as others, but he's the best-credentialled key defender.

Carlton badly need defenders.

The General argued Collingwood won because of its senior players. It's a flawed argument.

Geelong also had outstanding senior players.
Ablett
Bartel
Johnson
Ling
Enright
Chapman
Selwood
They are a match for Collingwood's senior players but Collingwood pumped them when it counts. Why? Because Collingwood's 12 I pasted obviously played no part. IT was all the game plan and the senior players. They could have put anyone on the field really.

And as regards first/second rounders.
We have had since 2004 when Hughes the champion recruiter (outstanding record at Freo) came on board.

Russell (first round)
Hartlett (second round)
Murphy (PICK 1 and gun but anyon ecan pick a gun at pick 1)
Kennedy (over Pendlebury :thumbsu:)
Bower
Gibbs (PICK 1 and gun but anyon ecan pick a gun at pick 1)
Hampson
Grigg
Kreuzer (PICK 1 and gun but anyon ecan pick a gun at pick 1)
Yarran
Lucas

HUGHES HAS NO EXCUSE!!!!!

I am of the belief that the mature core of Maxwell, Cloke, Swan, Ball, O'Brien, Didak, Jolly, Shaw and Brown may have assisted with Collingwoods second take.

You talk of going postal if Hughes doesn't select a KPP, yet at the same time you are first in line to pat yourself on the back for thinking we should have taken Pendlebury over Kennedy (when we had just selected an astoundingly good mid with pick one). Astoundingly hypocritical. I'd still take Kennedy now with the wisdom of hindsight.

All you have highlighted there is that we have used our first round picks to best effect...a bit of a reach for a project in Hampson that is yet to come to fruition and the traded Grigg who time has shown to be taken at about the right rung in a shallow draft. Hughes needs no excuses because time has poven the majority of his selections correct.

What would you have done differently with your 20:20 hindsight and your disproportionate use of exclamation marks?

If you wish to discuss football department resources and player development then we might find an area where Collingwood box us around the ears a little bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Draft Pick #18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back