List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would we even consider someone (Curnow) who has made it clear throughout the year that he doesn't want to move interstate. Its a pity Francis didn't do the same.

His booze fest is probably a orchestrated plot to slide to pick 108 so Geelong can pick him up. Won't even need to leave mum n dads place.

His Dr is Matthew Liptak, I'd hope he would let us know at least !!!

As for Skippos' draft it wouldn't be so bad. We do need another high quality inside mid and Balic could be that. Curnow could be anything too.

That said I'd rather go with Milera and take a punt on Burton. That or hope Francis slides.

Which begs the question, if Francis and Milera are both still there who would you take ???
People keep saying this but there is such a thing as doctor patient confidentiality. Liptak is not risking his professional career and good reputation just to warn his old club (if there is anything to warn them about). It is not as simple as people are making it out as.

What time does the draft start tonight?

The AFL has been terrible at communicating the details.

Add it to the list of questions.

- What time does the actual draft start?
- Are the seats numbered to match the tickets?
- Does the top 10 on stage include the academy, or will there be 10 + academy kids?

The AFL has been terrible at communicating the details.

Add it to the list of questions.

- What time does the actual draft start?
- Are the seats numbered to match the tickets?
- Does the top 10 on stage include the academy, or will there be 10 + academy kids?
James Westervelt We won't be selecting the 9th best young player in the country, so how is it pick 9?

Like · Reply · 18 November at 11:10

Adelaide Football Club
Ryan V D Brink our first pick will still be presented on stage, but we've tried to explain the bidding system here! http://www.afc.com.au/.../draft-bidding-system-explained

Draft bidding system explained
The AFL Draft’s new points-based bidding system is set to turn the November 24 draft…
AFC.COM.AU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we be any chance of grabbing both Curnow and Burton, if it fell this way? Or are we pretty much committed to McKay/Curnow/Burton/Collins and Milera/Balic/Ah Chee/other small?

Don't think KPF is a big enough need to justify two investments unless we saw both as potential midfielders, which there is scope for.

I think we either go tall small or dual small. Tall and Collins an outside shot.

I called the ACC this morning. It's first come, first served by the sounds so getting there early will probably be a good idea.

Mega-Rage-Face.jpg

I don't think anyone has the talent of Stringer EASILY. There are maybe a handful of guys currently in the AFL that are comparable to Stringer.
Stringer went 5th despite his injury, if Burton is as good as you say why is he slipping so far? Because his injury is worse or he isn't as good? Probably a bit of both.
Take Collins and Milera and pick a tall forward next year who doesn't have 10 screws in his leg.
As juniors Burton was every bit as highly regarded for his talent. Obviously he may never get to realize this, or even recover from his injury as good as Stringer did.
Burton is A-grade talent. If he didnt break his leg he would be up in the top 2 for this draft.
Someone will take the risk, and if he can come back from it he could well be a total gun.

Hi Skip. If GC snap up Milera surely Carlton will not take Mackay at 8 knowing that we will have to take Curnow?

Smoke and mirrors. I've done things a little differently but the logic is that carlton know we'll take mckay, but they reckon we might pass Curnow. I think they'll take mckay purely as it maximises their chances of getting both.

You raise a very good point. What and how much does his Dr disclose of the injury.
On one hand there is the relationship he has with Burton to consider and on the other he wouldn't want to jeopardise his professional reputation by "spinning" the wrong medical opinion about his clients knee.

I don't think Burton would want to jeopardise his chances of being picked up by any negative medical opinion being communicated to clubs.

Its certainly an interesting situation.

He's still going to get picked up regardless it's what number he goes at and bullshitting your way to a top pick is a campaigner act IMO. Be honest and still get picked at 40 who cares it will be the same result in the long run career wise for him. But it might hurt the club which he goes to if they use a top pick and his knee is problematic.

James Westervelt We won't be selecting the 9th best young player in the country, so how is it pick 9?

Like · Reply · 18 November at 11:10

Adelaide Football Club
Ryan V D Brink our first pick will still be presented on stage, but we've tried to explain the bidding system here! http://www.afc.com.au/.../draft-bidding-system-explained

Draft bidding system explained
The AFL Draft’s new points-based bidding system is set to turn the November 24 draft…
AFC.COM.AU
We are picking the 9th best "available" player. Those players that are aligned to academies we can bid for to force the other teams to pay a fair price but they are kind of unavailable to us unless the teams decide not to match out bid which is highly highly unlikely.

We are picking the 9th best "available" player. Those players that are aligned to academies we can bid for to force the other teams to pay a fair price but they are kind of unavailable to us unless the teams decide not to match out bid which is highly highly unlikely.
Yes. I was just highlighting the bit where the club says "our first pick will still be presented on stage", as several people have queried this.

And it's not necessarily the 9th best player. Essendon/Melbourne may pick for needs with their picks, passing on a better player for a Key Forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back