Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to believe they'd have interest in him TBH
Well, believe it, it doesn’t sound like the Eagles would’ve pulled that trade earlier today if Draper was still likely at pick 3. They’ve had him top of their board for a very long time, so if they got wind about North taking him at 2, it makes sense to get the Baker trade sorted and still allow yourself to draft the best WA midfielder. I’ve never been super confident of Draper ever getting to our pick.

Well, believe it, it doesn’t sound like the Eagles would’ve pulled that trade earlier today if Draper was still likely at pick 3. They’ve had him top of their board for a very long time, so if they got wind about North taking him at 2, it makes sense to get the Baker trade sorted and still allow yourself to draft the best WA midfielder. I’ve never been super confident of Draper ever getting to our pick.
I'm sorry, I don't.

Nothing to do with you either, I just think they would be looking elsewhere.

You may have the inside track and I respect that but it still doesnt make sense when they had other options to get into that mid-pick territory

Yes pick 3 is a lay down but for a WC who needs to speed up a rebuild splitting picks makes some kind of sense

I wonder how invested they really were in P3 - again because if not Draper then there are still 3 other quality lads available

Again it seems non-sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back