List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I'll have a final crack at the top 12 excluding Academy picks.

1. Weitering (Carl)
2. Schache (Bris)
3. Oliver (Melb)
4. Francis (Ess)
5. Parish (Ess)
6. Ah Chee (GC)
7. Weideman (Melb)
8. Curnow (Carl)
9. Milera (Adel)
10. Burton (Carl)
11. Rioli (Rich)
12. H McKay (Adel)

That top 7 is locked in (Essendon might pick those two the other way around, but that really makes no difference).

8-12 is completely unpredictable, with the most likely of all of those selections being Milera to us at 9, which will likely have the flow-on effect of Richmond taking Rioli.

I really think those other 3 picks are likely to be Curnow, Burton and H McKay (2 to Carlton and one to us), but the order of those is anyone's guess.

You never know though. Maybe a Balic or Tucker gets thrown in there to shake things up. Or maybe Melbourne pass on Weideman. Perhaps Essendon have a last minute change of heart and take someone other than Parish. Maybe Carlton or us take Collins. Who knows really. Enjoy the night everyone.

#1 is worth 3000 pts, so they would have to come up with 2400 after the discount. They would still be able to get Mills, but they would have to go into debt for next year's picks and their 4 remaining picks would become 86-89.

Note that they have 5 vacancies on their list, so these picks have to be used unless they want to go into the 2016 season with only 38-39 players on their list. They still have to take the mandatory 3 players, not sure whether they are upgrading any rookies this year to reduce that number.
Thanks Vader....Looks like Sydney could be putting all their eggs in 1 basket. Mills would need to win a Brownlow to make up for the deadwood they would be taking on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I'll have a final crack at the top 12 excluding Academy picks.

1. Weitering (Carl)
2. Schache (Bris)
3. Oliver (Melb)
4. Francis (Ess)
5. Parish (Ess)
6. Ah Chee (GC)
7. Weideman (Melb)
8. Curnow (Carl)
9. Milera (Adel)
10. Burton (Carl)
11. Rioli (Rich)
12. H McKay (Adel)

That top 7 is locked in (Essendon might pick those two the other way around, but that really makes no difference).

8-12 is completely unpredictable, with the most likely of all of those selections being Milera to us at 9, which will likely have the flow-on effect of Richmond taking Rioli.

I really think those other 3 picks are likely to be Curnow, Burton and H McKay (2 to Carlton and one to us), but the order of those is anyone's guess.

You never know though. Maybe a Balic or Tucker gets thrown in there to shake things up. Or maybe Melbourne pass on Weideman. Perhaps Essendon have a last minute change of heart and take someone other than Parish. Maybe Carlton or us take Collins. Who knows really. Enjoy the night everyone.

Reckon Carlton take McKay ahead of Curnow because they know we wont take him at 9. Allowing them to get Curnow and McKay.

Yea, but Melbourne teams most likely wouldn't believe that as a legitimate threat.
They should weight first year players contracts dependant on when they get drafted rather than just by which round they get drafted in. That way anyone talking themselves down the draft order would also be talking themselves out of money. Works perfectly in the NFL.

Think she's talking about Curnow telling us not to pick him cause he'll be gone quick sticks. Wants to go to Carlton at pick 11 I'd guess.
Trigg, Craig and wooden spoons. Good luck to him.

On the plus side, he will get a longer off season each year to go out and get drunk.

I was more interested in a Victorian's feeling like draft night is when all clubs are equal. Lol. Not even close.
yeah well... if you take out all the gift picks, academy selections, monetary handouts and the like... it's pretty level

Reckon Carlton take McKay ahead of Curnow because they know we wont take him at 9. Allowing them to get Curnow and McKay.
I'm desperately hoping that our apparent interest in Mackay is just Nobes and co putting out a smoke screen to try and get Carlton to take him at 8. Apart from not being a need, 200 cm players are just to high a risk of failing to take at a top 10 pick.

You may well be right. It's all very much up in the air still I think with all the ducks and drakes being played.

However, maybe Carlton end up with McKay and Burton, rather than McKay and Curnow. Wouldn't surprise me.

Would be very interesting if Curnow is still available at our second pick. I'd be pulling that trigger personally, but I'd understand if we didn't.

I'm desperately hoping that our apparent interest in Mackay is just Nobes and co putting out a smoke screen to try and get Carlton to take him at 8. Apart from not being a need, 200 cm players are just to high a risk of failing to take at a top 10 pick.
I agree there is something about McKay that tells me hes not going to make the grade. We must get these two picks right.

Trigg, Craig and wooden spoons. Good luck to him.

On the plus side, he will get a longer off season each year to go out and get drunk.
You may well be right. It's all very much up in the air still I think with all the ducks and drakes being played.

However, maybe Carlton end up with McKay and Burton, rather than McKay and Curnow. Wouldn't surprise me.

Would be very interesting if Curnow is still available at our second pick. I'd be pulling that trigger personally, but I'd understand if we didn't.
would love it if he got through to a wa team or Queensland team

Wouldn't bother with Curnow if he has indeed made it clear he doesn't wanna leave mum and dad. We just dont need that.

Milera at 9, Burton at 13. The experts say so, 2 kids who sounds like they WANT to play for the club and are local lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back