Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Adelaide football club trade pick 4 for Oliver I am completely done with them and will riot on the streets!

Think about this.

Melbourne are potentially about to lose Petracca and Oliver. 2 of the top 10 midfielders in the competition. Adelaide have been well known in the media and recruitment circles to have been circling Draper for a long time. Adelaide would never trade pick 4 for Oliver as they want to take it into the draft. So what if Melbourne are trying to manipulate things in their favour by trying to orchestrate doubt by either getting pick 4 for Oliver or asking for a pick swap as part of the Oliver deal. E.g. Pick 4 and the Future first for Pick 5.

Yes its a conspiracy but everything just seems weird about this.

It also gives AFC players an excuse for an easy out "why should I show loyalty when everyone knows how toxic the AFC is". The so called "experts" among the supporter base don't seem to be able to grasp this simple concept.

This off field shit just keeps happening again and again because there are always so many happy clappers in our supporter base who are willing to defend the club no matter the severity of the incident. It's a no-win situation for those of us who are desperate for a better club.
If the place is so toxic why are all the young players re-signing? The only one that's held out for a period is Sam Berry who initially said he was waiting to the end of the season but put pen to paper before then

Surprising ANB is so keen to get to the Crows given he's also with the same management team as Sid Draper?

They couldn't have clued ANB up it seems.

ANB didn't care which club he went to because he had to get to Adelaide the town. Port offered peanuts whereas instead of just honouring his existing 2 years, we're so desperate for a good news trade story that we're extending it by a further 2 years. And he's not coming in as a new draftee, even your one eyed view of the club can understand the difference. I mean, the report even stated the the concern was specifically centred around dealing with young players. ANB is not one of those. And, Port didn't have a 'spare' pick 25 in a strong draft to spend on a 29 year old role player.

ANB didn't care which club he went to because he had to get to Adelaide the town. Port offered peanuts whereas instead of just honouring his existing 2 years, we're so desperate for a good news trade story that we're extending it by a further 2 years. And he's not coming in as a new draftee, even your one eyed view of the club can understand the difference. I mean, the report even stated the the concern was specifically centred around dealing with young players. ANB is not one of those.
You can believe what you want, that's your prerogative

The great thing about a delusional view from an atypical club apologist is that if Rach asks to be traded out, he can just say that he's soft and wasn't able to accept the very reasonable public feedback that the senior players gave him. I mean, how easy is to turn a player from a genuine problem into a leader, all you need to do is publicly embarrass them.

I’ve saiid previously, I had no issue with Rash being dropped, and Laird should have and hopefully has been pulled over the coals for his media comments - it should have been kept in-house.

I have no issues with Rash being dropped, he’s received internal feedback, made the team a commitment after the teeth comment that he won’t cross the line again, however went against that promise with his teeth goal celebration

This is not about flair or celebration, it’s about what’s tasteful and what’s not, and what’s outing unnecessary distractions on the team

Don’t agree with Laird comment, but no issue with the player being dropped

Draper at Essendon was dropped for going against team values, and no-one blinks an eyelid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is it possible that you can sign with a management group and also be able to use your own cognitive ability to form an opinion or feeling on a particular subject? ;)

Not according to Mutineer , all clients of an agency are a single homogenous blob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the place is so toxic why are all the young players re-signing? The only one that's held out for a period is Sam Berry who initially said he was waiting to the end of the season but put pen to paper before then

The place isnt toxic. We have many complaints but the lack of players walking out suggests anything but.

That's missing the point by a very long way. It doesn't matter where he ends up or whether we were even interested in him. For this type of information to leak out is exceedingly rare, players like Bailey Smith or Cyril Rioli tanking interviews is massive news. For a player's management group to allow their concerns about a club's method of dealing with younger players to come out is rare air. And it's not out of nowhere, numerous posters on this board have suggested how we treated Rachele suggested a massive structural/cultural problem.

But you can turn a blind eye if it helps.
I get the point, I'm saying we won't be drafting a player against his will because he'll be gone before we get a chance.

I raised it a couple of weeks ago that Sid is keen to play his footy in Melbourne. This is just a preference.

But the concerns around our culture are genuine, it’s not just the Rachele incident but also the slow development and lack of opportunity given to other younger players.
Would have thought a lot of young players would request trade then even under contracted and Edwards recently re-sign an extension.

Regardless of whether Sid actually holds those views, the fact this rumour's actually believable is a serious indictment on the club.

An even bigger indictment on the club is the fact the Rachele saga happened so publicly in the first place.
This.

It's like the camp situation when all sorts of rumours started flying around. Of course many were BS but it didn't matter as our image was in tatters.

How Nicks and Kelly still have a job is ****ing staggering. Anywhere else would have done an actual review and marched them out the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back