Competitions DT and SC 2013 Chat - All Questions, Comments here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, wanting to know how Staker is travelling? Definitely a handy downgrade target for a Heath or Stevenson, hope his return is progressing nicely (for DT and your team:thumbsu:)

Mayes has been a gun for you guys, shame I can't get him in this week
Would say Stakes is a few weeks away, could see him in the team around round 8.

Patty K has been well spoken about in this thread, he is a good player but he spent all of last year in the magoos playing in the midfield to build his tank. He may have increased his capacity to run and stay on the ground for longer but is still being held back by something we aren't privy to. He may come in again this year but I'm not too certain if it will consistently. I would look to downgrade him to someone else with better job security.

With Black probably back this week it's down to Lester or Polkinghorne who will get bumped out of the midfield rotation. I would hold off for another week to see if he does.

With Black probably back this week it's down to Lester or Polkinghorne who will get bumped out of the midfield rotation. I would hold off for another week to see if he does.

That would be nice, but he'll make his big price jump this week, so it's really now or never. I think if I pick him up this week and he only gives me three weeks of quality scores (assuming he spends less time in the midfield, maybe averaging around 70-75), that might justify a trade for him.

Allow me to be the first of many to ask about Ryan Lester. Can he keep it up? Potential bargain/keeper as a sixth defender?

Could you trust Voss to keep him in the lineup though? May as well as try your luck with Brandon Ellis (Tigers) who is cheaper and will definitely keep his spot.

What's Ryan Lesters job security like?

possible trade in for elite
Pretty much non-existent job security.

In and out of the side all the time.

Pretty much non-existent job security.

In and out of the side all the time.
Non-existent? He played 22 of 25 games he was fit for in his first two years. His JS isn't terrific but it is far from non-existent. I wouldn't trade him in at this stage (for elite), but watch to see he is playing midfield in the seniors for about two more weeks, and I would get him in. FWIW the coaches have said that while he played defence last year, they expect him to become an inside mid.

Non-existent? He played 22 of 25 games he was fit for in his first two years. His JS isn't terrific but it is far from non-existent. I wouldn't trade him in at this stage (for elite), but watch to see he is playing midfield in the seniors for about two more weeks, and I would get him in. FWIW the coaches have said that while he played defence last year, they expect him to become an inside mid.
This is for DT though.

He can't really 'wait' two more weeks because Lester is going to make his money now, he really isn't worth bringing in at all though.

I was probably a bit harsh on his JS but overall he should be a stay-away for serious dreamteamers.

bit more background, he will be my 6th defender and will be on the field while i work out whats going on with Butler's calf injury

tjhis if for Elite, not dreamteam

thanks for the responses so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is for DT though.

He can't really 'wait' two more weeks because Lester is going to make his money now, he really isn't worth bringing in at all though.

I was probably a bit harsh on his JS but overall he should be a stay-away for serious dreamteamers.
Was responding to the question regarding Elite, not for DT. Sorry I should have made that clearer in my original post. Definite no for Dream team.

Just on Lester, how do you guys think he will go against WCE? Feel he will continue to rack up the possies? I've snapped him up in my Ultimate Footy league after another good game on the weekend and was wondering if he would be worth holding onto? Haven't seen him play yet (Will watch the game this weekend) but his stats so far are looking good. Have him on my bench (mainly to keep him out of others hands if he continues to produce the goods as I can afford the bench spot at the moment), but someone just dropped Yarran today.....so considering my options

I actually tend to think a little differently but can understand the reservation. He may be worth the 'risk'.

1. Lester has generally missed games due to injury and hasn't had a run of senior games due to fitness from injury.
2. When he played in defence (and quite well) he wasn't dropped due to form, moreso that this is not the position we want him playing.
3. He is a versatile, big bodied inside midfielder we desperately crave and can follow mids forward and back without being taken out of his comfort zone.
4. He does a lot of work that goes un-noticed, is not afraid to get dirty and dive in and win hard balls and his clearance work has improved immensely. Seems a decent set shot for goal too.
5. I think you will find Simon Black will play a lot of game time on a HFF like last year so his mid time may not decrease.

Just my opinion, but I think Lester is massively underrated. We are a far better team for structure and flexibility when he plays and who wouldn't want someone his size, with adequate pace, lining up in the centre square. He can go with Kennedy/Watson type players when they push forward or can play defensive roles if needed. He is yet to turn 21.

He is currently ranked 14th in the league for effective disposals per game, and 19th in the league for contested possessions per game (only Moloney, Rockliff and Rich are our others in the top 150). Admittedly that is based on two games this season.

Job security is a risk but I think the coaching staff's decision on him being in the team has been for reasons out of their control.

Someone mentioned on the forum early last year that there is something special about Ryan, and I tend to agree. Don't think we know what we have got yet!

Hey guys,

I know Zorko has been well spoken about on here all year but I was looking for an update on how you see himnow that we have had 6 weeks to get a good idea on what may be the cause of his form.

DT scores have been horrible (Melb game aside) so far.

Is it purely form and extra attention, has there been a consistent role change you can pick?

Do you see him staying at this low level and a good idea to jump off him or will he be likely to turn it around in the next few games?

Im really torn, trade him to Daisy, or keep him and cull some peaking rookies instead (preferable if I thought Zorko could turn it around)

I think Zorko's form will turn around. I don't know if it will occur quickly enough to warrant keeping him in DT, given that you can make two trades every week.

yeah i guess its just a matter of if it is better to use one of those trades for a premo swap or use it to make $$ which is better for your team IF the premo can return to form soon enough

Think I might jump on lester as a short term cash cow at the very least...personally I feel he should be playing all games, and hopefully he is rewarded with a string of games. His 120 av in 2 games is too good to pass up with the limit cash cows going around

Brisbane folk, just a quick question about who you think will be sub this weekend. Im worried that Mayes might get it. From the guys named on the bench, surely Black wouldnt be sub again and Raines would tag someone and have little effect as a sub IMO.

Thoughts?

Brisbane folk, just a quick question about who you think will be sub this weekend. Im worried that Mayes might get it. From the guys named on the bench, surely Black wouldnt be sub again and Raines would tag someone and have little effect as a sub IMO.

Thoughts?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I have a feeling that Black will be the sub this week just to ease him back into the season because he didn't get a preseason training under his belt this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions DT and SC 2013 Chat - All Questions, Comments here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back