Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems really poorly advised...$100k apart in terms of offers, so clearly Dusty or his manager doesn't think much of our club if true...must be something else...been brewing for months judging by his body language during the team song

If you are leaving Dusty, I hope you really enjoyed the hospitality the club bestowed upon you...taking you in ( Gary March, Trent Cotchin et al)

Dusty I hope you really loved the tiger faithfull's 100% love, commitment and loyalty to you, stood up for you

Remember this when you walk out on us...80,000+ tiger supporters will NOT let you forget

Robbo on SEN just now saying he's just entertaining offers. Seems to think there's still some cat and mouse play at work. Reckons that a few tiger team mates will be in his ear over the next week too. Says don't be too surprised if he stays.

GWS please.
Comp pick + Adams for Dusty
Just take it and leave.
Dusty + 2nd round pick for pick 1. Aish + Salem please.
I SERIOUSLY WISH WE GET PICK 1 OR COMP + ADAMS!!!
They should think about club relations for the future. Forgive us GWS for trying to get Tyson. Do us one massive favour please.

if this is true, im extremely disappointed, as he lied to me, someone he calls his 'mate' and all our fans. I've been trying to get onto him the last few days and he won't return a call, I don't know whats going on with him but I'm gonna find out, absolutely shattered and he has lost my trust.

No worries mate while you're at it give Oprah a call and say hi for me.

Any player that would leave a team on the verge of ongoing finals success for the sake of extra money is not really committed to the cause and therefore expendable.

If it's true... trade hard, Tigers.

Robbo on SEN just now saying he's just entertaining offers. Seems to think there's still some cat and mouse play at work. Reckons that a few tiger team mates will be in his ear over the next week too. Says don't be too surprised if he stays.
Agree.
Don't be surprised if he stays.

Sorry to intrude but his last game for you guys was a testament to how he played. Tore it to shreds for a small part of the game then went missing. He has no tank and no ticker. You might feel hard done by at the moment but I reckon you will look back in 5 years and be glad he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just said on the radio that he is tipped to go to Melbourne, because he likes the way Roos goes about it.

Would be a great result for you guys if you rid yourselves of him, get someone like Aish with pick 2 and also free up a heap of cap space to go hard at the likes of Adams, or even Nicky Dal, and to retain Conca.
Good post. Retain Conca, get Adams and a high pick. Wouldn't be a disaster at all.

Well if he does stay, at least he stays on our terms...

And to think in that Dustin Martin grog squad chant he was given permission to shag someone's wife! :eek:

And get neck tattoos too! :eek: :eek:

Come on, fess up, who here actually got the neck tatts?:cool:

All I was suggesting is that there will be 100 pages of this thread abusing him, calling him greedy and worse. Then if he finds that Richmond's is the best offer and he signs ... there will be 100 pages of backpeddling to do. He hasn't left yet. Someone has to offer him his $600k, and he then somehow has to find a way to that club. Maybe just bite the tongue a little until he actually cleans out his locker?

I understand what you are saying but many Tiger supporters will see this as an act of betrayal and will respond accordingly. The Club itself will act professionally and, should Dustin find himself needing to return, will undoubtedly recast his playing contract to tighten up on performance, financial and behavioural issues. I'd also be surprised if Dustin will be spending too much time reading these posts. I don't know him but to me he seems to be a kid with a prodigious football talent but in great need of decent mentoring in his life. He may just join that long queue of people who learn the hard way that you only get out of things what you put into them.

Dynamic player, seems like a rubbish bloke.

You'd think Richmond drafted him knowing what they were in for to a certain extent.

At the end of the day, any help given to Dustin as a person and a player, was in the interest of benefiting RFC.

Just said on the radio that he is tipped to go to Melbourne, because he likes the way Roos goes about it.

Would be a great result for you guys if you rid yourselves of him, get someone like Aish with pick 2 and also free up a heap of cap space to go hard at the likes of Adams, or even Nicky Dal, and to retain Conca.

This would be an amazing result...

Warnock + Collins for Dusty?

14kwrhk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back