Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

the 4th round steak knives dont quite make up for the raping there...

plus, don't think bower is going anywhere. Garlett maybe..

Well you want a first round key position backman and smith who has only just broken into the team and shown a fair bit in his second year. So tell me, bower who is basically equivalent to brown, possibly a slight upgrade and garlett, who's on your rookie list and your third ranked small forward is us raping you so much.

Oh did i also mention smith is the second fastest player in the comp and has exceptional kicking skills, his knocks were on his attitude, which was an issue in his first season but after a kick in the bum its been excellent ever since. He was very highly ranked in the 08 draft and slid due to that reason.

You cant ask for porterhouse and offer chuck steak in return mate. It doesn't work like that. You are right though, the fourth round pick was just a thrown in gift as i think it's unlikely we'll be using it anyway.

Brown hasnt had a flattering 2010.. youre basically putting him on level pegging with bower because brown was a higher draft pick in his year. Bower has offered a shitload more than Brown thus far.

Garlett may be the third in line of three small forwards, but doesn't make his value any lower. Streaks ahead of Smith.

You might want to reassess who's offering chuck steak?

Brown hasnt had a flattering 2010.. youre basically putting him on level pegging with bower because brown was a higher draft pick in his year. Bower has offered a shitload more than Brown thus far.

Garlett may be the third in line of three small forwards, but doesn't make his value any lower. Streaks ahead of Smith.

You might want to reassess who's offering chuck steak?

Browns bad year is fitness related

Bowers crap year is talent related

Yes.. never mind the re-occurring quad injury that has kept him out for more than half the season.. :rolleyes: still has had more of an impact in 2010 than brown.

Listen dude, i didnt put the brown and smith scenario up. I offered you what is probably the best offer likely from the club or from any of our posters. You were the one who said carlton would have been r*ped under the scenario. I said you had to offer quality to gain quality. Not ask for quality and only be willing to offer shit.

Hilarious thing is, in all of this i'm yet to propose what would infact be a fair trade from my view.. all i have said is that bower + garlett is over odds for brown and smith... pull your finger out and stop indicating im offering 'shit'.. i havent offered anything yet..!?!

the 4th round steak knives dont quite make up for the raping there...

plus, don't think bower is going anywhere. Garlett maybe..

Well captain floggus. I think in your post here you're indicating that what i suggested was completely under the odds and that carlton would be r*ped in that situation. As you said, you havent offered an alternative. All you've been able to do is disagree with others without providing any backing information or statistics.

Wonderful stuff, i really am amazed to be in the presence of your divine wisdom. I mean shit really? Are you so special that what you say is automatically right without backing anything up. As i said, it was floated what would be required for brown+smith. I gave you the answer. The other answer is your first and second round picks.

Haha.. you want some statistics..?

Bower is averaging 18 disposals this season across seven games. He hasn't played the rest because of a recurring quad injury (or was it lack of talent? i cant remember? :rolleyes:) Mitch Brown has been servicable.. yet doesnt have a permanent spot in the bottom side on the ladder. a team screaming out for a FF, and he can't cement a spot?

Ash Smith is quick... and...? Is 'finally breaking into the side'..
Jeff Garlett has kicked 36 goals in 25 games off the rookie list. AND has to compete with one of the best small forwards in the game, as well as his best mate, a top 10 draft pick.

Bower is more important to Carlton than Mitch Brown.
Garlett is more important to Carlton than Ash Smith.

I don't need the stats. Theres no way, to people even outside of carlton, that Brown + Smith for Bower + Garlett is even.. I'm sure there are a few sides that would pay a bit more for each of their services. If you want to be funny and demand a first round pick for a pick 13 who hasn't done a whole lot yet, and in some WC supporters eyes on your board is on the chopping block even.. then go for it.

Ash Smith, i think has a future.. the reason, if you care to refer back to it, that I brought him up is because there are strong rumours of homesickness.. therefore.. he could walk, if he really wanted.

Ash Smith, i think has a future.. the reason, if you care to refer back to it, that I brought him up is because there are strong rumours of homesickness.. therefore.. he could walk, if he really wanted.

Unlikely - when WC and Brisbane will have the first 2 choices in the PSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say that, however feel free to misquote again if you think it will assist your argument.

It's sad that you have to make stuff up, just shows that you have nothing

It's interesting that even though I've asked several times no one is willing to offer a realistic trade to get a player like Bennell.

Clutching at straws much.:thumbsdown:

How can I misquote you when I simply highlight a point you raised in your post? :eek: Thats just plain wrong.

AS for Bennell if he requested a trade this year whilst in contract the Eagles would offer one of:

Ben McKinely
Ash Smith

plus a late pick, 3rd or 4th rounder.

If Dees said no, then we'd just wait 12 months untill he's out of contract and offer less next year as I can't see us finishing below Freo.;)

Armfield is our best lock down defender. Lucas for Priddis would be a huge loss for us.

West Coast would be utterly raping Carlton with those deals.

What goes around comes around.;)

I must admitt the Priddis for Lucas post was a tad cheeky a 3rd round pick or a Spangher would need to sweeten the deal.

As for Garltett and Armfield I think Brown and Smith is about right, maybe a 3rd / 4th rounder as well from the Eagles.

Andrew Swallow.

A $500k front loaded first year in a 3 year deal would be pretty attractive. We can afford to front load a couple of contracts now as a financial carrot before our youngsters develop and demand more coin.

Swallow is virtually untouchable to the point where he declared the only way he could see himself playing AFL footy with his brother was if his brother was traded to North.

WCE would have to offer North a deal they couldn't refuse.

Also if we snare Swallow and / or Bennell that may help entice their younger brothers back home when they come out of contract in 2 - 3 years time.:rolleyes::thumbsu:

If you somehow did get Andrew back to W.A., then I think getting his brother would be relatively easy. This could actually be the sort of bold trading that would lead to a flag.

However, like I stated, you would have to throw a ridiculous deal at North.

Who do you rate as your best young Victorian midfielder? Shuey?

Swallow would cost you Shuey and your 1st round draft pick and even then North would most likely knock it back.

Clutching at straws much.:thumbsdown:

How can I misquote you when I simply highlight a point you raised in your post? :eek: Thats just plain wrong.

AS for Bennell if he requested a trade this year whilst in contract the Eagles would offer one of:

Ben McKinely
Ash Smith

plus a late pick, 3rd or 4th rounder.

If Dees said no, then we'd just wait 12 months untill he's out of contract and offer less next year as I can't see us finishing below Freo.;)

Clutching at straws my arse, you directly misquoted me but at least you've answered my query so I'll let you off just this once ;)

Bennell is now a regular in our starting 22 and he's young so Melbourne will want something similiar in return if he wanted to go, which is absolute bullocks as he is happy in Melbourne and there is zero evidence that he wishes to leave. I'm happy to play this game but let's remove the 'we'll just wait 12 months until he's out of contract' because that's just fairytale stuff.

Late rounders are meangingless this year and add no real value to a trade for a quality player like Bennell, Melbourne will want a player to slot straight into the team to replace him.

McKinley - No thanks, we have plenty of mid-sized forwards - Green, Petterd, Sylvia, Jurrah, Dunn. There'd be too many in front of him to make the trade worthwhile. If we were to trade for a forward it would have to be eiher a KP or someone similiar to Bennell with the pace and skill that he has.

Ash Smith - Must admit that I don't know too much about him so I'm a little reluctant to can it straight off. Two things go against him, he's mid-sized again and he's only played 4 games in two year at the Eagles. Not great for a player Melbourne may want.

The players I'd be interested in are:

Brad Sheppard - No chance that the eagles will release him if they're smart
Luke Shuey - Likely type who'll fit in well with our midfield rotations
Twinkle Toes - see Sheppard
Scott Selwood - Would make a very good run with player to compliment our midfield

But of course we'll through in a 3rd or 4th rounder to sweeten the deal :D

Clutching at straws my arse, you directly misquoted me but at least you've answered my query so I'll let you off just this once ;)

Bennell is now a regular in our starting 22 and he's young so Melbourne will want something similiar in return if he wanted to go, which is absolute bullocks as he is happy in Melbourne and there is zero evidence that he wishes to leave. I'm happy to play this game but let's remove the 'we'll just wait 12 months until he's out of contract' because that's just fairytale stuff.

Late rounders are meangingless this year and add no real value to a trade for a quality player like Bennell, Melbourne will want a player to slot straight into the team to replace him.

McKinley - No thanks, we have plenty of mid-sized forwards - Green, Petterd, Sylvia, Jurrah, Dunn. There'd be too many in front of him to make the trade worthwhile. If we were to trade for a forward it would have to be eiher a KP or someone similiar to Bennell with the pace and skill that he has.

Ash Smith - Must admit that I don't know too much about him so I'm a little reluctant to can it straight off. Two things go against him, he's mid-sized again and he's only played 4 games in two year at the Eagles. Not great for a player Melbourne may want.

The players I'd be interested in are:

Brad Sheppard - No chance that the eagles will release him if they're smart
Luke Shuey - Likely type who'll fit in well with our midfield rotations
Twinkle Toes - see Sheppard
Scott Selwood - Would make a very good run with player to compliment our midfield

But of course we'll through in a 3rd or 4th rounder to sweeten the deal :D

Ash Smith in his first year had hamstring issues and never got a decent fitness base to be even considered for selection. Was taken the next pick after Bennell in the same draft and had a huge preseason this year and really improved his tank. Fastest white guy ever tested at draft camp and is known from the U18's for his run from defense and long accurate kick. By the end of his 2nd season he will most likely have 8-9 games under his belt and looks pretty good for a young player.

Scott Selwood could be an option.

So could Adam Selwood, he's only 25.

If Scott got traded then I think Adam would go as well anyway. Adam is out of contract and yet to sign, could be Gold Coast bound.:confused:

Swallow is virtually untouchable to the point where he declared the only way he could see himself playing AFL footy with his brother was if his brother was traded to North.

WCE would have to offer North a deal they couldn't refuse.

If you somehow did get Andrew back to W.A., then I think getting his brother would be relatively easy. This could actually be the sort of bold trading that would lead to a flag.

However, like I stated, you would have to throw a ridiculous deal at North.

Who do you rate as your best young Victorian midfielder? Shuey?

Swallow would cost you Shuey and your 1st round draft pick and even then North would most likely knock it back.

Yep Shuey is who North would want in return. Eagles would only consider this if the kid wanted to go home but then again that applies to Swallow as well.

People need to understand that for any trades to get a decent ex WA player to the Eagles that player would need to want to come home and request a trade from his club.

Shuey will be very, very good. Kid doesn't even think about which foot to kick off, he just does it. Not many AFL footballer kick goals from the 50m arc on their non prefered side and he is meticulous in his training and preparation.

I wonder what West Coast would want for Kerr. Would love to have him at Carlton. Carazzo would be a good trade for Kerr.

People need to understand that for any trades to get a decent ex WA player to the Eagles that player would need to want to come home and request a trade from his club.

This year - we wouldn't need to get a trade done - unfortunately it looks like we'll have Pick 1 in the PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back