Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. I just suggested Stokes because we have really good depth (and thus can afford to trade) in small forwards so I would suggest if we wanted Cox Stokes and Byrnes would be the first two players on the tradeable list. Varcoe wouldn't because the coaches love both him and his brother and so there's no way that would happen (I'm not saying I wouldn't consider it, but I know they wouldn't).

Duncan is also a problem, simply because the club is still so angry over Mumford that I can't see us shipping his replacement out as well. Having said that I concede that would be a fair deal.

The only other option to throw into this discussion is if we get another pick from wherever Blake potentially tries to go do, that could change the landscape. Otherwise I think it might be hard to get a deal done.

all hypothetical now i feel. wooshas come out and sed eagles wont trade cox. stupid really he aint got that much to offer us in a rebuilding phase except mentoring nic nat and maybe keeping us off the bottom next year. whereas what he could offer to a premiership contending side like you guys or hawks would be huge (probly another premiership). biggest win win trade potential in a long time. pity woosha's so stubborn. byrnes is an unlikely trade aswell coz of his age. round 25 isnt he? ptobs too old for eagles on the rebuild. shame.
on another note OMG is blake really leaving? is that just gonna leave you the quite possilby retiring ottens and hawkins in the ruck? wow this trade should be done so badly its not funny. i wish we were the list managements for our clubs.

all hypothetical now i feel. wooshas come out and sed eagles wont trade cox. stupid really he aint got that much to offer us in a rebuilding phase except mentoring nic nat and maybe keeping us off the bottom next year. whereas what he could offer to a premiership contending side like you guys or hawks would be huge (probly another premiership). biggest win win trade potential in a long time. pity woosha's so stubborn. byrnes is an unlikely trade aswell coz of his age. round 25 isnt he? ptobs too old for eagles on the rebuild. shame.
on another note OMG is blake really leaving? is that just gonna leave you the quite possilby retiring ottens and hawkins in the ruck? wow this trade should be done so badly its not funny. i wish we were the list managements for our clubs.

I don't know if just because the coach says it means it won't happen. Just means if it happens it will be because player or player(s) decide to go rather than because Woosha decides. But who knows.

Yep Byrnes and Stokes are both 25, Varcoe is the younger one (22) and our other small forwards are younger than him. Maybe Djerrkura could be thrown into the mix although I would admit that the other names are better players than him, and from what I have heard you seem to want/need a small forward more than any other type of player.

In regards to Blake, I believe there is a strong chance he could leave. Our coaches have been pretty savage on him in public over the last week (our VFL coach pretty much said the game has passed by ruckmen of his type, so I can certainly see a situation where realtionship between player and coaches gets to the point that a trade happens. Besides, let's remember, when he was left out of the 07 flag team (and it looks like barring injuries to others, he'll miss out this year as well) he threatened to leave, and it was only after King went that he stayed, so I don't think I'm being far fetched in saying there's a fair chance we could see a repeat. The only good news is that he is contracted so we have a fair say in where he would go and what for. However as you say, we couldn't contend with Ottens and Blake both gone next year and no replacement, so I believe the club would only let Blake go if we could secure a top line ruckman for the rest of the premiership window (1-3 years maybe). Ideally you would want someone younger but I can't really see any of the top line younger ruckmen changing hands, so I'm sure we would at least look at Cox if it was possible.

I wouldn't part with Cox for that. If Geelong wanted Cox, WC should get Geelong to arrange other deals so as to get what's required.

I wouldn't take Stokes in any offering.

This is where some people don't understand that trading is moreso a buyer's market, than a sellers, especially with the way the competition has evolved with the introduction of new teams.

If WCE want to trade Cox, they cannot expect clubs such as Geelong for example to go an "arrange other deals" just to suit the Eagles.

WCE needs to be serious about trading Cox or just keep him and don't even bother making him available/putting him on the table because a 1st round pick is about as much as they can expect for him as it stands.

He is 29, has been injury prone over the last few seasons and his best form has been awhile back now.

IMO, WCE should keep him because their valuation will simply be too high and no club has it takes to facilitate a trade due to the Gold Coast's concessions.

I don't know if just because the coach says it means it won't happen. Just means if it happens it will be because player or player(s) decide to go rather than because Woosha decides. But who knows.

Yep Byrnes and Stokes are both 25, Varcoe is the younger one (22) and our other small forwards are younger than him. Maybe Djerrkura could be thrown into the mix although I would admit that the other names are better players than him, and from what I have heard you seem to want/need a small forward more than any other type of player.

In regards to Blake, I believe there is a strong chance he could leave. Our coaches have been pretty savage on him in public over the last week (our VFL coach pretty much said the game has passed by ruckmen of his type, so I can certainly see a situation where realtionship between player and coaches gets to the point that a trade happens. Besides, let's remember, when he was left out of the 07 flag team (and it looks like barring injuries to others, he'll miss out this year as well) he threatened to leave, and it was only after King went that he stayed, so I don't think I'm being far fetched in saying there's a fair chance we could see a repeat. The only good news is that he is contracted so we have a fair say in where he would go and what for. However as you say, we couldn't contend with Ottens and Blake both gone next year and no replacement, so I believe the club would only let Blake go if we could secure a top line ruckman for the rest of the premiership window (1-3 years maybe). Ideally you would want someone younger but I can't really see any of the top line younger ruckmen changing hands, so I'm sure we would at least look at Cox if it was possible.[/QUOTE\]

u may have a point it was only bout 6 rounds ago woosha was like. "the eagles will not get the spoon" now look at us we are almost shuey ins. i hope your right. for both our sides sake. maybe we'll get lucky and woosha will get kicked out :). then we could talk deal. yes ur right Eagles desperedly need a small fast crumbing forward and a pacey skilled outside mid.

Lol....... not sure if anyone on here can make that call.:D

TBH I would be surprised if the club went for that.

Second rounder could be what, pick 28??

Doubt they would trade pick 4 for Sherman (no knock on Sherman) and 28+your third, but who knows.

Sherman is the type of player we are looking for, he's a fast midfield / forward who can kick goals. Actually he loves kicking a goal.

Tempting as picks 28 would still get a decent player plus pick 44.

Definately an offer the club would put to one side and see if they could get a better deal but come back to if they couldn't.

Sherman was an Eagles supporter as a kid I believe.;)

Pick 4 will get us a decent mid though and possibly a Day and it looks like definately Darling. Darling has dropped in value, maybe thats a planned thing ........... maybe not.

Quick query, I glanced over a few post and Adam Selwood's name popped up. Pies could do with a tagger and we'll he fits the bill, question is what would it cost? Personally not sure what WC are looking for, small fwd? tall fwd? running defender?
Pies have alot of surplus running round, anything 'reasonable' come to mind?

Quick query, I glanced over a few post and Adam Selwood's name popped up. Pies could do with a tagger and we'll he fits the bill, question is what would it cost? Personally not sure what WC are looking for, small fwd? tall fwd? running defender?

Adam selwood is grossly underated especially over east and his brother plays for us aswell so i think its less likely they will trade him. you would be looking at around pick 10-15/equivilent player for cost. u guys r unlikely due to lack of offerings i reckon. eagles are targeting small crumbing forward, pacey outside mid with good skills, a fullforward and a developing ruckman. all of which really would have to be below the 23 age bracket. can't really think of anyone if particuliar you guys would have. and your first pick would be round 25. anthony, dawes, n brown, dick would all hold a little bit of currency but not that much whilst cloke and sidebottom might be closish to a direct trade.
i reckon collingwood would be as disinterested with this one as the eagles. whats your thoughts on kerr? i think he would be more likely to go to carlton but yer.

Adam selwood is grossly underated especially over east and his brother plays for us aswell so i think its less likely they will trade him. you would be looking at around pick 10-15/equivilent player for cost. u guys r unlikely due to lack of offerings i reckon. eagles are targeting small crumbing forward, pacey outside mid with good skills, a fullforward and a developing ruckman. all of which really would have to be below the 23 age bracket. can't really think of anyone if particuliar you guys would have. and your first pick would be round 25. anthony, dawes, n brown, dick would all hold a little bit of currency but not that much whilst cloke and sidebottom might be closish to a direct trade.
i reckon collingwood would be as disinterested with this one as the eagles. whats your thoughts on kerr? i think he would be more likely to go to carlton but yer.

Pick 10-15...Cloke or Sidebottom close to a direct trade...for Adam Selwood???

You are overrating our players a fair bit mate.

Brad Dick is the obvious one IMO.

If that were to happen - the quality 'win' would be in our favour (i.e Dick > Selwood) - however with his injury concerns - there's a bit fo risk in taking Dick.

In terms of your squad - you still have lots of small forwards - so it's not that critical a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that were to happen - the quality 'win' would be in our favour (i.e Dick > Selwood) - however with his injury concerns - there's a bit fo risk in taking Dick.

In terms of your squad - you still have lots of small forwards - so it's not that critical a loss.

As a man and an eagles supporter i suggest we cant risk taking dick.....:cool:

Dicky is very highly rated internally, so it is extremely unlikely that he will be moved on.

Also, whilst we have lots of smal forwards, Davis is 29 this season and Lockyer is in his 30s so we will need to replace them eventually- particularly Lockyer. This is why Dick won't be for sale.

Adam selwood is grossly underated especially over east and his brother plays for us aswell so i think its less likely they will trade him. you would be looking at around pick 10-15/equivilent player for cost. anthony, dawes, n brown, dick would all hold a little bit of currency but not that much whilst cloke and sidebottom might be closish to a direct trade.

Not sure if serious? :confused:

As for Kerr, yes we would be very interested. Quality players will attract interest from everybody.

Interesting responses. I dont think the pies would part with much to gain a tagger like selwood, Adam's underated and all but sidebottom is pretty much sign & sealed black and white for life.

Dick is the obvious trade but he's a MM untouchable, so very unlikely. We have a named Rounds who is bottom age and progressing nicely but I doubt WC would go for an unknown at this stage. Plus their are alot of taggers we could chase that wouldnt cost us much, ie Troy selwood, Crowely and Carrazzo.

We also have a raft of half back flankers if your interested, Goldsack, Blight, Anthony. On a side note Mitch Brown, where is he at? possibility of returning home?

IMO MM will prob be aggressive with trading if we dont win the flag, seeing as it is his last year, and a tagger is something we dont really have.

Interesting responses. I dont think the pies would part with much to gain a tagger like selwood, Adam's underated and all but sidebottom is pretty much sign & sealed black and white for life.

Dick is the obvious trade but he's a MM untouchable, so very unlikely. We have a named Rounds who is bottom age and progressing nicely but I doubt WC would go for an unknown at this stage. Plus their are alot of taggers we could chase that wouldnt cost us much, ie Troy selwood, Crowely and Carrazzo.

We also have a raft of half back flankers if your interested, Goldsack, Blight, Anthony. On a side note Mitch Brown, where is he at? possibility of returning home?

IMO MM will prob be aggressive with trading if we dont win the flag, seeing as it is his last year, and a tagger is something we dont really have.

could see a three way trade. kerr to carlton, carrazzo to collingwood, somethin good to wce

could see a three way trade. kerr to carlton, carrazzo to collingwood, somethin good to wce

yea... thats just not going to happen, carlton simply will not trade with collingwood while we are at the top end. They couldn't stomach making us any stronger then we already are.

Crazy idea but hear me out. selwood and 2nd rounder for medders and Rounds or Anthony or goldsack. Firstly you get a target inside 50 which will allow the frenchmen into the mid, and you get a good small fwd kid or a marksmen fwd who can play back ala hunter, both are young and will develop while medders would be essentially a stop gap. Jack does have some down sides but if you make it simple for him he'll go very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back