Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you want for Mitch Brown?

Probably more than your club would be willing to offer.

He h a very promising 09 playing as a CHB/rebounding third tall. This season he was played out of position as a FF and he had not delivered or had time to develop there before getting injured.

Assuming for a second we gave you exactly what you thought he was worth, what would it be?

^^^^^^

I'd trade Mitch Brown for your first round pick. And part of the deal would be that you'd have to take Nicoski off our hands. Well, I'm only kidding about the second bit. But if Spangher goes, as awful as he is, that wouldn't leave us with too many back-up KPDs, don't really want Beau Wilkes out there too much.

But that aside, he looks like he'd have the IQ of a gorilla and some injury concerns, and would be happy with pick 18 or whatever Carlton has. Would not expect much interest.

Another obvious target is Carlton. With Betts, Yarran and Garlett all first 18 players, it makes the small forward position in the Carlton side a bit crowded. Incidently an area eagles are struggling with. With a few holes appearing in the Blues side, they may be willing to trade on of those guys (Garlett most likely?) for a player or draft pick that will help them complete their list.

My sentiments exactly !!

However, the pecking order at Carlton is 1. Garlett, 2. Betts & 3. Yarran.

So if you are prepared to put your #4 on the table, we might be prepared to offload Yarran for it.

You'd have to give up A LOT for a contracted Yarran. We would be stupid to trade away the future of our club (unless you got another Judd?) even if it was a fair offer allround.

The future of our club ??

Since when ?????? :eek:

Yarran is a lazy SOB who only turns it on when 'he' wants to and refuses to chase or tackle if the opposition aren't right next to him.

If the Eagles want him and will give us #4, where do I sign ??

Dont think Gumby or Pears. Reimers and Jetta are more likely. Cale hooker may be another consideration at Essendon if it meant getting hands on a reliable midfielder ie Gaff.

My sentiments exactly !!

However, the pecking order at Carlton is 1. Garlett, 2. Betts & 3. Yarran.

So if you are prepared to put your #4 on the table, we might be prepared to offload Yarran for it.

Nah we should just offer Jeffery Garlett $450,000.00 to $500,000.00 a year to nominate for the preseason draft, now that his two years on the rookie list is up.

If we don't get him to come back to WA so be it, but make Carlton pay as much as possible for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obeanie1's offer of Brennan + Sherman for pick 4 and 40ish was pretty good. :)

And I'd still do that, as long as Brennan interviewed well and was seriously committed to joining the Eagles.

We need skillfull outside mids who can kick goals, Sherman on a HFF and Brennan on the wing rotating with Le Cras in a FP would do the job........nicely.;)

The future of our club ??

Since when ?????? :eek:

Yarran is a lazy SOB who only turns it on when 'he' wants to and refuses to chase or tackle if the opposition aren't right next to him.

If the Eagles want him and will give us #4, where do I sign ??

I heard these were the concerns in the 'don't draft Yarran camp'. Now we start hearing if from Carlton supports:cool:.

Sounds like we can pick him up in 2yrs time for a late 2nd rounder to me.;)

And I'd still do that, as long as Brennan interviewed well and was seriously committed to joining the Eagles.

We need skillfull outside mids who can kick goals, Sherman on a HFF and Brennan on the wing rotating with Le Cras in a FP would do the job........nicely.;)

This seems a fair deal.:thumbsu:

Would add a bit a depth and experience we are looking for....

And Yarran has always been lazy, I remember watching him in the 08? WAFL GF versus Subi. He looked for every excuse to opt out of working hard, even grabbing at his hammy(cramping) in the third quarter.

Feel free to hang it on Yarran all you want. We are MORE than happy to hold onto him.

Will work on his endurance over summer at Ratts request and play a massive role coming through the midfield in 2011.

Carlton should of picked rich. If they wanted to steal west aussie talent they should of done it by taking the best available.

I don't think Yarran should come back to WA - strikes me that Melbourne will have less distractions for him.

I'd be super keen on Garlett, as I am with Brad Dick. Problem is Pick 4 is way above the odds and our next pick of 26 falls a little short.
Less distractions, or a better environment?
If he was running with dodgy mates over in Perth and getting in trouble, going back there would be the last thing he needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back