Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone on your own board just suggested Rosa for Matera, which is considerably worse than anything I've seen on this thread.

Go tell that person who suggested it what you think then.
On worse comment on this thread: Rosa for Matera, as bad as it is, isn't the worst.

As an Eagles supporter, I'd love to trade Rosa for Matera. Objectively, I know that suggestion is ridiculous.

Pick 28 and Foley then?

Why would West Coast downgrade pick 28 to 29, then give away pick 4 for Foley? Foley is a good player, is highly regarded at Richmond, but with an unpredictable future due to injury. Foley, as good as he is, isn't pick worth pick 4 alone. It makes even less sense for WC to downgrade their 2nd rounder, which further increases the cost for Foley.
This deal requires WC to pays overs.
WC in the position they're in, need a sure thing. Foley is not that.

Ok so we have missed Garlett and Wells so we are after speed and good foot skills out side mid, small forward any other WA players looking to move back?

Nathan Krakouer

If you could convince Krakouer, and do a deal with Port, it would be very likely to come off.

What would you offer?

Unless Clark wanted to come home Brisbane aren't going to trade him away for picks, they traded their picks away last year to top up.

If Clark wanted to come home then I would look to give up Picks 26,28 and one of Mckinley, Lynch, Spangher if wanted.

That would leave us to draft a mid with pick 4 and a potential FF/ruckman in Clark who is in the right age bracket.

Why would West Coast downgrade pick 28 to 29, then give away pick 4 for Foley? Foley is a good player, is highly regarded at Richmond, but with an unpredictable future due to injury. Foley, as good as he is, isn't pick worth pick 4 alone. It makes even less sense for WC to downgrade their 2nd rounder, which further increases the cost for Foley.
This deal requires WC to pays overs.
WC in the position they're in, need a sure thing. Foley is not that.

i actually ment our 2nd round pick and foley for pick 4, i was being sarcastic as the previous responses to my previous suggestions ignored pick 6 and just consentrated on the players offered i thought pick 6 was excellent, but the greed of wanting a Jack rewolt with our pick 6 for 4 is probably the funniest thing i have ever heard.

i actually ment our 2nd round pick and foley for pick 4, i was being sarcastic as the previous responses to my previous suggestions ignored pick 6 and just consentrated on the players offered i thought pick 6 was excellent, but the greed of wanting a Jack rewolt with our pick 6 for 4 is probably the funniest thing i have ever heard.

i'd give you pick 4 and 26 for riewoldt
and a replacement FF is you guys wanted one in mckinley or lynch

what are the chances for brandon matera (gold coast) to west coast for pick 4?

Matera and pick 11-15 for pick 4 would probably get it done and i would be very happy with that. Wilson as FF and pick 11-15 used on a quality outside midfielder or whatever is best available as long as its not a bloody inside only mid with a lack of pace and footskills.

Gumbleton is a FF not a CHF as much as Essendon are trying to pretend otherwise. Spent his whole junior career at FF for a reason.

He is out of contract so they may not have a choice. Its strange because his value is in between Eagles 1st and 2nd rounders atm of 4 and 25. Ideally hes worth pick 10-15 and I imagine Eagles will throw away the likes of McKinley/Spangher/Lynch to try and trade our 2nd rounder to this position in order to snare Gumbleton.

McKinley has had no success at Eagles since LeCras development and I think a change of scenery to Carlton/St Kilda would be on the cards. Spangher also seems to be the type of rebounding defender Knights likes and they did try and get him last year so they may still be interested in getting him into the club

Gumby a couple of months ago signed a new contract, i'm pretty sure for 2 or 3 years.
Also he has a massive tank and is without question a chf.

.....and also Gumby is LITERALLY the very last person on our list we would agree to trade. Completely untouchable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumby a couple of months ago signed a new contract, i'm pretty sure for 2 or 3 years.

.....and also Gumby is LITERALLY the very last person on our list we would agree to trade. Completely untouchable.

..What, ahead of Kyle Reimers ?? :D

Um Hurley would be above Gumby in the "untouchables" list, and I would imagine Pears would be too. Both have shown A LOT more than Gumby has.

There are whispers on the Trades board that Walker want's out of Carlton and the Eagles are interested. What would you guys be interested in offering for him ??? Is a swap for Mitch Brown a possibility ??? Or Walker + our 1st rd pick for Hurn (if the rumours he want's to leave the WCE are true, and we can convince him to come to Carlton instead of SA)???

:eek:

We'd be getting robbed blind. Walker was in brilliant form at the start of this year, but now he has hit a bad patch and everyone wants to shuffle him out the door for 10c on the dollar.

No Way. Hurn is a much better player then Andrew Walker.
Keep your spud, We keep Hurn:)

What would you want for Mitch Brown?
Probably more than your club would be willing to offer.

He h a very promising 09 playing as a CHB/rebounding third tall. This season he was played out of position as a FF and he had not delivered or had time to develop there before getting injured.

I strongly doubt the club would want to trade him and his value to us would definitely exceed his value on the open market at this stage.

We'd be getting robbed blind. Walker was in brilliant form at the start of this year, but now he has hit a bad patch and everyone wants to shuffle him out the door for 10c on the dollar.

I wouldn't do that trade, Hurn is close to our most important player and no offence but worth far more than Walker and pick 18-20ish.

We would take that, no questions asked.
Agreed he hit a good patch early in the year, but one 5 or 6 game stretch in 7 seasons means nothing.

Hurn is a gun and exactly what we need.
West Coast wouldnt even do it.

I wouldn't trade Hurn for Walker and Yarran let alone Walker and your first pick.

So basically West Coast won't trade pick 4 for anything they could reasonably get. Glad we got that sorted.

Um Hurley would be above Gumby in the "untouchables" list, and I would imagine Pears would be too. Both have shown A LOT more than Gumby has.

There are whispers on the Trades board that Walker want's out of Carlton and the Eagles are interested. What would you guys be interested in offering for him ??? Is a swap for Mitch Brown a possibility ??? Or Walker + our 1st rd pick for Hurn (if the rumours he want's to leave the WCE are true, and we can convince him to come to Carlton instead of SA)???

Hmmm, Hurley or Gumby would be a close call, and i think in terms of what we should expect in the next 10 years, still Gumby by a whisker. However the best thing for us is we don't have to split them.....they are both untouchable.

And there's no way Pears is less tradeable to Essendon than Gumby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back