Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not keen on trading him personally but what would WCE realistically offer?

We'd have to pay over the odds thats for sure. Probably our 1st pick (4), or a promising KP youngster (Brown?) and our 2nd pick. Like I said we'd have to pay over the odds but for the balance of the team it may be worth it.

We'd have to pay over the odds thats for sure. Probably our 1st pick (4), or a promising KP youngster (Brown?) and our 2nd pick. Like I said we'd have to pay over the odds but for the balance of the team it may be worth it.
WCE supporters would burn down Subi if they traded Pick #4 for Garlett.

I'm glad your not the man in charge of our list at WCE

WCE supporters would burn down Subi if they traded Pick #4 for Garlett.

Like I said. To make it happen we'd have to pay what would be perceived as way over the odds. Pick 4 isn't a guaranteed star anyway but FWIW I think its just a little too much to pay as well.

I would be willing to give up a fair bit to get him though.

Garlett for Mitch Brown + Spangher :)

Would probably be more like McKinley and Spangher. Not that it's necessarily a fair deal.

However - in terms of balance to the side - the Eagles made some inroads into this deficiency in our list last year with 3 players potentially filling the role. So I can't see us overpaying for a small forward.

It would also depend largely on Carlton's list management and whether they decide 3 small forwards is going to work full-time.

They may decide Yarran goes into the guts and Betts and Garlett play as small forwards, in which case Garlett remains important to the team.

If they are playing yaran forward - they may think Garlett is a little superfluous if they an achieve a marking forward.

No team that finishes 16th/ 15th of 14th should ever opt out of a draft, especially early.

We need more attacking players, natural goal kickers and line breakers. They don't come cheap at the trade table.

I haven't read every page on here, but I'm surprised that no Eagles supporter has mentioned Harry O.

If I were at the Eagles, he would be an absolute priority to throw everything at.

I haven't read every page on here, but I'm surprised that no Eagles supporter has mentioned Harry O.

If I were at the Eagles, he would be an absolute priority to throw everything at.

Probably because he plays in defence and our biggest deficiencies are midfielders and forwards.

We actually have a reasonable crop of defenders coming through

Would probably be more like McKinley and Spangher. Not that it's necessarily a fair deal.

However - in terms of balance to the side - the Eagles made some inroads into this deficiency in our list last year with 3 players potentially filling the role. So I can't see us overpaying for a small forward.

It would also depend largely on Carlton's list management and whether they decide 3 small forwards is going to work full-time.

They may decide Yarran goes into the guts and Betts and Garlett play as small forwards, in which case Garlett remains important to the team.

If they are playing yaran forward - they may think Garlett is a little superfluous if they an achieve a marking forward.

The club definitely has plans on making Yarran a midfield, it has always been that way ever since he was drafted.

He will come home for homesickness more than anything. Given the support shown will probably be sacked by seasons end I also cant see that being a good reason to stay. Eagles have similar salary cap freedom too Essendon too. All the fingers are pointing to him really

Except for the fact that he's re-signing...

Dajesmac

Would be many happy supporters if Myers was traded.

He is struggling to maintain his place in the team, hasn't cemented a regular position and doesn't appear to have the faith of the coaches.

You would get a good deal for him - somewhere around 40.

Zero chance of that. Highly rated, as a future captain no less. His problem, IMO, is his engine, borne of injuries, so that's why he's not playing consistently in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance of that. Highly rated, as a future captain no less. His problem, IMO, is his engine, borne of injuries, so that's why he's not playing consistently in the midfield.

apart form the midfield part that is what us Freo fans were saying about Marcus Drum a couple of years ago

we ended up trading him for pick 49 which netted us Dylan Roberton who already looks a better player

sometimes you just have to cut your losses

I think Melbourne could be interested in McKinley. We really do need a genuine FF option, and there wont be much around at the end of this year. Options are likely to be Dowler, McKinley, and Anthony. Throw in Wall and Thorpe from the VFL and there isn't too many options there. There are apparantly a good group of talls coming through the U18's this year, but they will take time, and we need something there asap, even if it is just to fill the void for the meantime.

Whilst I really do like Bennell, I wouldn't be that upset if he left, as we have plenty of small forward options, and whilst he has been good, he isn't kicking a tonne of goals. His spot could be filled by one of Woneaemirri/Maric/Jetta. And if Bennell wanted to go home then I wouldn't be unhappy to take McKinley and either a 2nd or 3rd round pick, depending on what picks you end up with. But from what I gather, Bennell is pretty happy playing for the Dee's, especially with all the other aboriginal boys around the club, and Aaron Davey doing a great job in mentoring them.

apart form the midfield part that is what us Freo fans were saying about Marcus Drum a couple of years ago

we ended up trading him for pick 49 which netted us Dylan Roberton who already looks a better player

sometimes you just have to cut your losses

Point taken, although I feel Myers hasn't really had a crack at it yet. 2.5 injury plagued years have forced him to be a bit of a utility rather than a true midfielder.

We'd give him another year or two at minimum.

If he wanted to go home, that'd be another issue, but he lives with WA boys Pears and Reimers as well as Hayden Skipworth, and from all reports they're happy.

They wouldn't put 4 years into Gumbleton to finally get him on the field and then trade him for an unknown quantity - ludicrous.

Gumbleton has shown that he's got enough to work with, engine, leap, grab... needs work on his kicking and his weight and he'll be a very good CHF.

McKinley will come back to haunt us ... he is a quality player who gets a very rough go from naive supporters and the selectors..
He has unfairly got the tag of showing a lack of effort when other players are a lot worse but get away with it..

Players we should be looking to get rid of are the likes of hansen, nicoski, B Jones and kerr

McKinley will come back to haunt us ... he is a quality player who gets a very rough go from naive supporters and the selectors..
He has unfairly got the tag of showing a lack of effort when other players are a lot worse but get away with it..

Players we should be looking to get rid of are the likes of hansen, nicoski, B Jones and kerr

Hansen, Bones and Nicoski will all probably be gone at the end fo 2011.

Lynch, Glass and Embley will be looking at another year or two.

We don't need McKinley, we have a similar sought of talent in LeCras and we dont need two marking mediums. McKinley is actually a decetnt player who will attract a decent pick/ player.

Mckinley has deficiencies no doubt, but he has worked hard on these over the last 18 months and has been better this year up the ground and on the ground with his work ethic.

Because we like to play a tall, slow forward line he looks worse than he is.

The same can be said about Priddis, who would be a jet in a better midfield IMO.

Bmac does go missing at times but I reckon he could do pretty well at Carlton with their small quick forwards and they should seriously look at him for a medium sized marking forward who does play taller than his 184cm.

Front-runners for an eagles trade imo would be Brad Dick, Jamie Bennell, Neville Jetta, Jeff Garlett, Chris Yarran, Dennis Armfield, Travis Varcoe, Mathhew Stokes, Alex Rance, Leroy Jetta and Josh Hill.

Varcoe and Yarran are probably the only ones worthy of our first round pick, whilst everyone else is probably worthy of our 2nd round pick or Ben Mckinley.

West Coast would be keen to trade Spangher, Nicoski, B Jones, Hansen, all worth 3rd to 4th round picks. And Mckinley and Lynch, worth 2nd to 3rd round picks.

So lots of trade possibilities. Should be very interesting to see what ends come trade week:thumbsu:

Woosha / Suma want positional player (s), and willing to give up First and ( or ) second round pick . Well Woosha we could get a AFL ready Darling to play next season with our first pick ... please leave recruiting to others Woosha / Suma , you hardly have any runs on the board this year :confused:

Gumbleton - NO , back injury and fortnightly travel would not help his career ... one more back injury career over

Ryder / Clark we could chase with our picks in the draft !

I agree with everything in your post. I'm not interested in an injury riddled Gumby either.

Darling is plug and play.

Bennell has shown alot this year but we do have a number of players to take his place if he went.

WCE fans in your opinion what is he worth in both pick(s) or player(s)

Ash Smith has hinted through family that a return home could be his preference. Taken the next pick after Bennell in the same draft. Bigger build, HBFer / winger, fastest non indigenous player ever tested at draft camp.

If both players want to move back home its a likely swap.

Would love to offload Lynch plus our 4th rounder for Bennell though and keep ASh.;):D Did you hear the club would pay his salary next season under our cap.:eek:

Ash has indicated his liking for Melbourne , Obenie 1 ... he might be hard to keep but if Bennell was in a similar go home situation a straight swap might help the players out , but I think Bennell has shown more !

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back