Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles coach John Worsfold has responded to a recent media report which has revealed two players were believed to be in contact with police to assist in a nightclub incident.

Here is what Worsfold had to say:

“Firstly, I’d just like to say that our club fully supports the players in the matter that was in the press this morning. We understand that the players will assist the police with any of their enquiries. The club doesn’t condone anyone associating with known criminals, but that’s the life choice people have to make, and we won’t be making any further comment on the matter, I’ll be speaking to the players later today.”

From footygoss.....

FuManchu said:
Having met troy, albeit, a few years back on a number of occassions, what i want to know is, how did they stab him with all that gold hanging around his neck?
A machete may have been involved. He checked himself out next day..his family said he was very sick at home for quite a while

there are two sides to every argument

the eagles supporters side
minister6pa.jpg

the opposition suppoters side
lineocoke.jpg

Arabian Goggles said:
If he's not in the game anymore, at least Kerr knows where to lodge a prescription.

Double the dose you think?

I thought Hawthorn was supposed to be "The Family" Club so now does that mean "The Family" of the WCE are getting a new sponsor - "The Bada Bing Club"? ;)

So many jokes and so much time :)

milo said:
I'm having trouble with this:

"A WA Police spokesman said today Eagles captain Ben Cousins and ruckman Michael Gardiner had agreed to a request by detectives to attend an interview yesterday but refused to answer any questions on the advice of their lawyer."

One wonders why.
Really? I wouldn't answer any questions either, and I wouldn't know anyone involved in the whole affair from a block of cheese.

In fact, I always wonder why anyone would ever answer questions from the police or participate in a police interview. But then, I'm a cynic at heart, and I understand that they can be quite persuasive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carneagles said:
Really? I wouldn't answer any questions either, and I wouldn't know anyone involved in the whole affair from a block of cheese.

In fact, I always wonder why anyone would ever answer questions from the police or participate in a police interview. But then, I'm a cynic at heart, and I understand that they can be quite persuasive.

If you've done nothing against the law, or have nothing to hide, why not answer the questions.

Anyway judging from Woosha's statement the carpet has been lifted and broom is in hand for sweeping to begin - until next time.

milo said:
If you've done nothing against the law, or have nothing to hide, why not answer the questions.

Anyway judging from Woosha's statement the carpet has been lifted and broom is in hand for sweeping to begin - until next time.

I think the Eagles should be stripped of all their competition points, as well as the 92 and 94 premierships.
And I think Cousins and Gardiner should be locked up for 80 years and then shot.

milo said:
Because you don't really know what the questioner is trying to achieve through questioning you, regardless of the reason they have you there. You don't have any real opportunity in the circumstances to decide whether answering a question is in your best interests. You may be assisting a pure fishing expedition by someone who is looking to pin you for something, no matter how minor or regardless of your own understanding of the legality of your actions. Etc.

In short, you have basically nothing to gain and potentially everything to lose by co-operating in an interview. Someone who blunders in on the basis that they have "nothing to hide" will just end up hung by their own naïveté.

SonOfReep said:
I think the Eagles should be stripped of all their competition points, as well as the 92 and 94 premierships.
And I think Cousins and Gardiner should be locked up for 80 years and then shot.

You are a di*khead.

Ljp you are tough. May I join your uni based tough guys gang. I am tough as well and apart from my general "cool but watch out im walking trouble" demeanour I will also bring a flick blade comb I got at the 1988 royal show if you let me join.

Please Ljp.

P.S. We can use my parents tree house for gang meetings. Its mega wicked.

SonOfReep said:
Hey!
That's defamatory!
I am going to find a lawyer and sue you for damages equal to 100 Jamster Frog tones!

or the average Bulldogs related spending per 1000 Bulldogs fans, whichever is the greater!

carneagles said:
Because you don't really know what the questioner is trying to achieve through questioning you, regardless of the reason they have you there. You don't have any real opportunity in the circumstances to decide whether answering a question is in your best interests. You may be assisting a pure fishing expedition by someone who is looking to pin you for something, no matter how minor or regardless of your own understanding of the legality of your actions. Etc.

In short, you have basically nothing to gain and potentially everything to lose by co-operating in an interview. Someone who blunders in on the basis that they have "nothing to hide" will just end up hung by their own naïveté.

I don't buy that. Apparently the Plods are not out to get Cousins or Gardiner, bigger fish to fry and all.

Woosh uderstands that the players will assist the police with any of their enquiries. Just rocking up to the police station and saying nothing doesn't assist in their enquiries. Answering a couple of pertinent questions may.

Leads me to two conclusions:

i) They had a hand to play in the crime being investigated; and/or
ii) They're worried about the repercussions of what they say.

milo said:
Leads me to two conclusions:

i) They had a hand to play in the crime being investigated; and/or
Bit unlikely, isn't it?

ii) They're worried about the repercussions of what they say.
Perhaps. But even if they're not, their lawyer will still be mindful of the sort of considerations I mentioned. After all, that's what they're paid for - to look out for their client's best interests and advise them accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back