Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

Undertaker said:
People can come onto these sites and throw s..t till the cows come home, but this is a very serious matter for football in WA and reflects badly on ALL WA clubs. Freo supporters should think twice before posting on this matter I agree with Patsmith, the WCE management should step in and sanction these guys for what is obviously inappropriate behaviour from two high profile WCE players.
BTW Pat there are No posts on this matter at Dockerland, I would hope that Shane will keep a tight lid on this.

OK. I'll admit this is a serious matter. I don't see how it reflects badly on Freo though. This is an old association that has come back to bite the Eagles.

Nothing has been proven and no charges have been laid so what's the big deal? Just because they got the front page doesn't mean they are criminals. John Kizon is a passionate Eagles supporter and is friends with a lot of professional sportsmen including Benny and Gards. The phone call thing sounds dodgy but nothing has been proven and no charges have been laid. I admit that Ben and Michael should probably choose their friends more wisely as they are looked up to and loved by a lot of people and it's not exactly a good image for the team. As far as drugs are concerned, maybe they have used recreational drugs but seriously what Football player hasn't? I personally know a few AFL Footballers (none of which play for wc) and I know for a fact that all of them used drugs in high school and now that they earn a lot more money there is every reason to think they still do. Get over it people, nothing has or will happen so how about concentrating on your own team and it's fantastic leaders and players who never do anything illegal.

hawkeye23 said:
How is it inappropriate behaviour for players to attend a nightclub in the OFF-SEASON?
It's who they associate with when they frequent these night clubs that is of interest. Both these guys were warned by the club two years ago about their association with JK obviously they have chosen to ignore the warning.

funkyfreo said:
ii) The fact Shane does not allow his site to be filled with trolls based upon spurious unproven allegations, and therefore relys on significant moderation within the site's rules, is a good thing.
Just to clarify...do you consider my original post a troll? If so why?

We have had a discussion on the Adelaide board about what level of a players personal/private life can be fairly discussed by posters/contributors. Now my argument was we dont have any right to discuss any personal life...as long as it doesnt impact on the football side. Now Andrew McLeod is a case in point..his separation and subsequent playing issues were aired and it was discussed at great length on the Adelaide board. But it was in relation to his state of mind and how that affected him. Not too many posters wanted to discuss much more than that( apart from bagging his wife for blabbing)

The other area where I feel discussion can be made is if it is public knowledge..This is where Cousins and Gardiner come in. This is a footy forum..can we ignore the front page of the states largest newspaper? It does have an impact on their football..as Cousins is captain and the role of a captain is to provide good leadership on and off the field, then this can be discussed. The drug taking issues were also made public..if not in WA, they were named on a national radio broadcast.

But if you know of someone banging some others players wife..I dont think you can or should post it on here.

My 2c :)

Undertaker said:
It's who they associate with when they frequent these night clubs that is of interest. Both these guys were warned by the club two years ago about their association with JK obviously they have chosen to ignore the warning.

The Dockers should be warned not to associate with Chris Connolly during the season. Then they might have a chance of winning a few games!

Jeff Farmer should also be warned not to associate with his de facto after he's had a few beers... Could save him a bundle in legal costs!

RIPPER_46 said:
Anything that reflects on WA footy refects on Freo by association.

Maybe. These are 2 prominent and high profile Eagles players and It's going to hurt WC a lot more than Freo. We've had our own incidents before and it sure didn't reflect badly on WC.

I think we should all keep a lid on it till we know more... at the moment all we have is that they were "interviewed by Police", big deal it happens all the time. Whatever they have done Im sure there is a reason for it, if they have done anything at all. I dont think they would be stupid enough to involve themselves in these "activities" as they are both in the leadership group at the club and surely they wouldnt want to jepourdise that, Ben in particular.

hopeless said:
OK. I'll admit this is a serious matter. I don't see how it reflects badly on Freo though. This is an old association that has come back to bite the Eagles.
Irresponsible behaviour by players of any club reflects badly on the sport, because it has happened in WA it affects Freo. I'm sure the WAFC is concerned about the effect this may have on football in this state.

eaglesgurl said:
I think we should all keep a lid on it till we know more... at the moment all we have is that they were "interviewed by Police", big deal it happens all the time. Whatever they have done Im sure there is a reason for it, if they have done anything at all. I dont think they would be stupid enough to involve themselves in these "activities" as they are both in the leadership group at the club and surely they wouldnt want to jepourdise that, Ben in particular.
Fair enough..but why associate with JK and crew?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Undertaker said:
Irresponsible behaviour by players of any club reflects badly on the sport, because it has happened in WA it affects Freo. I'm sure the WAFC is concerned about the effect this may have on football in this state.

OK. It may reflect badly on the sport in general but not on Freo as a football club imo.

Woosha was just interviewed on the matter by 6PR and he states " The WCE do not condone any of their players associating with known criminals, if they do then it is a decision that they make"
Will there be any consequence :(

Undertaker said:
Woosha was just interviewed on the matter by 6PR and he states " The WCE do not condone any of their players associating with known criminals, if they do then it is a decision that they make"

Yep, the boys can't go around to the Wiz's house to watch "The OC" any more.

Undertaker said:
There sure will be some consequences! At least another years worth of eagles drug puns on bigfooty :D I know I for one am looking forward to it.

eaglesgurl said:
Its their call. I dont know why they would want to associate with them, but it is their business not ours.
IMO Woosha and the club should be making it their business. Even if their 'involvement' is purely incidental to the crime (of which I'm sure it is), associating with Kizon and the likes is bad for the club. If Gardiner and Cousins, or any footballer for that matter, whats to play AFL and live a privileged life as a result of it, than they should pull their head in and do whats best for the club.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that Budgie supporters were running around town stating Freo was the laughing stock of AFL football and letting football down in this state. Well my, it only takes three weeks and the shoe is on the other foot. For a club who in season 2004 was promoting their brand into the schools of Perth and exposing their elite players to impressionable children this latest questioning by association should start to make people think, where there's smoke there is usually fire. What is surprising is that the West Coast Daily ran the article on page 1. Maybe their patience is running out also?

pav_is_god said:
IMO Woosha and the club should be making it their business. Even if their 'involvement' is purely incidental to the crime (of which I'm sure it is), associating with Kizon and the likes is bad for the club. If Gardiner and Cousins, or any footballer for that matter, whats to play AFL and live a privileged life as a result of it, than they should pull their head in and do whats best for the club.

Exactly , think of the kiddies.

Undertaker said:
Both these guys were warned by the club two years ago... obviously they have chosen to ignore the warning.

Punters on BF have been warning Freo for years that Connolly is bad news, yet you chose to ignore their warnings and re-signed him!

I couldn't care less what the players do and who they hang around with in their spare time.

Im a footy supporter, i want to see them play good footy. Keep the gossiping and rumours for womens day and new idea thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back