EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree with you here longblow. The EDFL pundits have an over inflated opinion of where they're at. Those Deer Park sides that won 7 in a row would be winning premier league flags for sure, no doubt about it. Take Keilor out, and the rest are pedestrian, as has been shown by some of the results recently. A thrown together Deer Park team has more than held heir own this season, so they will win a Premier flag within the next 1 - 2 years.
Agree they were a good side, but scraped in for 2 of those and were no where near the best side in the WRFL the 2 COVID interrupted years. They didn’t win their last year in WRFL. So if the 7 premiership sides were good enough to be winning Premier flags, does that mean the gap between WFNL and EDFL premier isnt as big as people say? Can’t have it both ways

How many weeks did Airport West number 7 Young get for the punch in the guts to Deer Park 5 Chatfield who someone stated earlier in the week got 2 weeks for retaliating to the hit from Airport West Number 7 Young?. Anyone else see it at the end of or directly after the 1/4 time siren sounded?.

How many weeks did Airport West number 7 Young get for the punch in the guts to Deer Park 5 Chatfield who someone stated earlier in the week got 2 weeks for retaliating to the hit from Airport West Number 7 Young?. Anyone else see it at the end of or directly after the 1/4 time siren sounded?.
I would be thanking young about chatfield not potting him
Now I no your no one important at deer park nuffie

I would be thanking young about chatfield not potting him
Now I no your no one important at deer park nuffie

I tend to agree in part as that’s unacceptable and never happened previously that a club has forfeited so many reserves games in a season.
I wouldn't be shocked if once the new EK committee get their feet under the desk and realise the mess theyve walked into approach the league and ask to play in Div 1 next year

Can't imagine more than 5-6 players staying on for next season, add to that the fact they'll need to recruit 40 - 45 players to just make up the 2 teams, and without the budget they've run with this season spells disaster

But hey, at least the coach/president got to put his stamp on the game plan that was non existent under Rocky!

East Keilor with another reserves forfeit, what an absolute disgrace.

A certain number of forfeits should equate to relegation, in my opinion.
do the key stakeholders as in the fee paying clubs get any input to this type of thing.
definitely needs to be considered otherwise the comp will continue to cheapen itself with standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be shocked if once the new EK committee get their feet under the desk and realise the mess theyve walked into approach the league and ask to play in Div 1 next year

Can't imagine more than 5-6 players staying on for next season, add to that the fact they'll need to recruit 40 - 45 players to just make up the 2 teams, and without the budget they've run with this season spells disaster

But hey, at least the coach/president got to put his stamp on the game plan that was non existent under Rocky!
Would love to go back and take a look at the posts when big Pat took over. Clearly remember so many on here including myself, saying enjoy the short term success because this will end in tears. EK were a strong football club with a heap of loyal and local players, supporters and committee members. Why on earth they allowed a guy like him to come in and completely take over the club from top to bottom with his cash and endless recruiting of mercenaries is beyond me. So many great players and people have been driven out of that club over the last 4-5 years. We all said he will leave the club in a mess and it’s clear that will be the case. They are in all sorts next year will struggle to field 2 teams and they wont win a game. I hope im wrong but it’s looking grim.

Following the news that East Keilor have forfeited yet another reserves game, Pat has turned to big footy to fill his reserves.

He’s reportedly offered 1 first round pick for longblow (overs), $1000 per game for gremlin to sit in the goal square and he’s offered me $750 a game + exclusive insight into his Facebook commenting ideas.

East Keilor with another reserves forfeit, what an absolute disgrace.

A certain number of forfeits should equate to relegation, in my opinion.
Plain and simple old mate pat drove too many players out of the club to the point they had 10-12 2's players left not enough to field a side!!
Last week of pat/ali clown show let me tell ya all the people he has drove out the past few years are counting down the minutes!!

Would love to go back and take a look at the posts when big Pat took over. Clearly remember so many on here including myself, saying enjoy the short term success because this will end in tears. EK were a strong football club with a heap of loyal and local players, supporters and committee members. Why on earth they allowed a guy like him to come in and completely take over the club from top to bottom with his cash and endless recruiting of mercenaries is beyond me. So many great players and people have been driven out of that club over the last 4-5 years. We all said he will leave the club in a mess and it’s clear that will be the case. They are in all sorts next year will struggle to field 2 teams and they wont win a game. I hope im wrong but it’s looking grim.
Some people would no doubt would have been seduced by the money & prospect of competing with the Abers, Keilors etc.
With his departure, those locals should begin to trickle back, with a bit of luck, resulting in a healthier club overall.

Pats been there 5-6 years, some of the players not required by Pat would have quit or retired by now, others would be coming into their last few years so why bother moving. Others still thinking they were shat on by the club not just Pat so why would I go back.

I was told that they lost over 60 local senior boys in 2 years, most of those from juniors, that rips the heart out of a club.

Will also be hard to get back the 100 or so juniors that have left the club over the last 2-3 years.

Let’s hope they can get some of the EK boys back and the 3 or 4 that were original juniors that returned for the money decide to stay.

They have some great people getting back on board, good luck to them. We don't want to see clubs struggle.

Pats been there 5-6 years, some of the players not required by Pat would have quit or retired by now, others would be coming into their last few years so why bother moving. Others still thinking they were shat on by the club not just Pat so why would I go back.

I was told that they lost over 60 local senior boys in 2 years, most of those from juniors, that rips the heart out of a club.

Will also be hard to get back the 100 or so juniors that have left the club over the last 2-3 years.

Let’s hope they can get some of the EK boys back and the 3 or 4 that were original juniors that returned for the money decide to stay.

They have some great people getting back on board, good luck to them. We don't want to see clubs struggle.

They need to have their AGM in a hurry and appoint the best president they can find. That’s the most important role EK need to fill.
Huge job ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1 round to go, what are your tips?
  • Who plays Keilor in the Grandfinal & can they beat them?
  • Who will be up there in the league count?
  • Do APW pull off a Steven Bradbury or is Greenvale safe for 5th spot?

Some people would no doubt would have been seduced by the money & prospect of competing with the Abers, Keilors etc.
With his departure, those locals should begin to trickle back, with a bit of luck, resulting in a healthier club overall.
Yes mate, and ultimately the club appointed him as coach and members voted him as President so it’s not all on his shoulders I would say. I don’t know him but did he give it his best shot however it didn’t work. Just saying.
Were they all over him when he got them promoted?? From the outside I still say getting rid of Bongetti was the mistake and the start of the slide downwards in a lot of respects.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back