EDIT: Fixture Released - Rounds 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

the Gabba. aka, the Northern MCG.

"Richmond never leave Queensland. So many games in a row there. It's cheating" Kane Cornes.

How about - we sneak into fourth, play Port at the Gabba. Delicious.
Kanes 300th match calling just adds icing on top.

Tbh I hope they have a win by then. If they don't have one by the last round they will throw everything at us to get it. On the flip side if they get a win by then they might check out and it will be percentage time.
Exactly what I was thinking. It'll be easier to beat them if they already have a win by then

The Grand Final / finals will not be in Perth IMO.

Can't see Telstra who are one of the biggest sponsors of the AFL and the finals series sponsor of many years being ok with all finals / gf at optus stadium
Brilliant point.
No way known Optus would host.

They can delay the announcement of the grand final location for several weeks, no rush.
Maybe 7-8 weeks.
But not Optus or Adelaide.

Last edited:
I back you's to win against us since our match starts at 7.10 pm when it's all dewy and our players are horrible when the footys slippery and we're coming off a four day break. Your pressure will overwhelm our mids and Soldo will find a way to nullify Nic Nat. Astbury should be back just when we verse you's and your defense perfectly matches up well with our forward line. It be a big test for Balta playing on Kennedy though and Barrass playing on either JR or Lynch.

Agree. It'll be a test of the Eagles. Hope we knock you off. But last time we played was an amazing game. Hope for something similar - game of the season.

Soldo isn't athletic so NicNat will kill him there. But in contests it'll be a battle of the monsters. On that I will be interested to see how we handle NicNat. Soldo can match or out muscle him, and Chol can go with him athletically. SO maybe we can plan a way to nullify him. But then Soldo can't go with him and Chol will be out muscled.

Will be shocked if GF not at Gabba. Hearing they have already had a 'nod & wink' from the AFL. I am more bullish about our chances this year than last season
The only way it's not at the Gabba is if Melbourne has no new covid cases by the end of August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be shocked if GF not at Gabba. Hearing they have already had a 'nod & wink' from the AFL. I am more bullish about our chances this year than last season

Hope not, but crowd numbers allowed at the ground could be a factor against the Gabba.

As I understand things at the moment, under current guidelines they would be running at half venue capacity - so around 18,500. Perhaps an exception can be made for the GF? Optus can hold 60K and has far better corporate facilities, so at face value seems to be the more preferential financial option.

Against that, under current state quarantine guidelines, it would be very difficult to go from prelims held elsewhere to a GF in Perth.

Its going to be very difficult to make top 4 from here. All four of the current top four are in good form. The cats are really the only one we have a chance of replacing, and in order to do it we'll probably have to win all of our remaining games.

Dropping the GWS game, and the no-show against the Hawks early in the year are going to come back to bite us imo.
Lol wut? A lot will play each other and us.

Weagles fans already rationalising away a loss to us and propose sending a bunch of duds across so that they can surprise us in the finals. Fine by me dudes.
Brisbane don't know how to beat us, Weagles wont be able to cope with the travel, Geelong are our bitches and no one else is good enough.
Very happy with the way this is setting us up for going all the way this year.
Granny will be in Brisbane unless Victoria someone becomes covid free, and Adelaide will be the back up location in case of Qld outbreak.

I agree with everything you've said except for Soldo nullifying nicnat. Soldo is a dud and nicnat should destroy him
Wash ya filthy mouth OUT and remind me the last ruck that destroyed premiership life member ivy soldo , his great strength is he doesn’t get destroyed , it’s why he gets a game week in week out

No 4 day breaks...adelaide in sydney... 3 home games at the MetCG...and a home game at the gabba......erect

I reckon we've recieved the poodot fingering from the umps and media all year and now we have been let off the hook....sigh of relief
Adelaide in Sydney?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDIT: Fixture Released - Rounds 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back