Preview Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon - Sunday Sept 11 @ 2.40PM - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Probable Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Essendon, MCG - Wouldn't want it any other way!!

Should kill them they are very average.

we got the advantage we flogged em last time lets repeat the same :) lets beat em by a pt ;) that will hurt em badly ala 1999 prelim they still shitty on that lol

Re: Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon @MCG - Wouldn't want it any other way!!

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, so if it has, I'll edit the post.

anyway:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...h-rival-essendon/story-e6frf9jf-1226124027282

Should the Blues get past Essendon - and they should given the Dons are minus key forward Stuart Crameri and Carlton's form is more consistent - and it doesn't get any easier.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...h-rival-essendon/story-e6frf9jf-1226124027282

According to that pin head Jon Ralph, we should beat Essendon because Crameri's gonna be out. We're lucky he's not playing :rolleyes:

Re: Probable Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Essendon, MCG - Wouldn't want it any other way!!

I had a quick squiz at the Bombers board and by gee they're a confident bunch after just getting over the line against the Power. What I find amazing is that media scribes and Ess people think it's a good way to head into the finals with the momentum they had in the finish to the game. If we're ever to get over the mental demons of the last 2 years we have to beat these guys.

Re: Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon @MCG - Wouldn't want it any other way!!

True but a forward line defensive zone works a lot better on a narrower ground. When you do the kick out you have a 50 to 60 meter down the ground area to kick to, while the opposition team tries to fill in the gaps between the players.

When the ground is 7 meters wider (or in the mcg's case it's a lot more than 7 meters) that's a lot more space to try and zone up.

So in subi's case it's a bit harder to clear the zone, but once you have you have to travel that extra 15 meters to reach goal.

But it is far easier to maintain a press over 4 quarters on a shorter ground where your only having to run 80m each time rather then 100m. Your zone may be better at Subi in the 1st half, in the 2nd half however you will get tired and it will drop below the level you can show at Eithad.

In the end the negative of having extra width to cover cancels itself out with less rolling forward and back, the major factor is still the size of the ground.

According to that pin head Jon Ralph, we should beat Essendon because Crameri's gonna be out. We're lucky he's not playing :rolleyes:

Whole article is a joke.

'Everything that could go wrong did' :confused:

Why no mention of how well 'brave Essendon' went in our last game? :rolleyes:

Be very very careful over on the Bombers board. There is a 'why do you hate Carlton' thread that I know some of you will stumble across and I fear some will be unable to not respond. Contentions about cheating and Sticks having played for another club so not being ours, are bound to bring corrections and tit for tat responses.

I promise you I do not bring this to your attention so you do go and check it out, but because I don't want another week were heaps of our regulars are serving out red cards (wasn't the Bombers board last time).

Be very very careful over on the Bombers board. There is a 'why do you hate Carlton' thread that I know some of you will stumble across and I fear some will be unable to not respond. Contentions about cheating and Sticks having played for another club so not being ours, are bound to bring corrections and tit for tat responses.

I promise you I do not bring this to your attention so you do go and check it out, but because I don't want another week were heaps of our regulars are serving out red cards (wasn't the Bombers board last time).

I think it's an old fashioned honeypot :D

I think it's an old fashioned honeypot :D
Absolutely, alarm bells went off for me. Last time this happened, the amount of red showing under usernames was hurting my eyes.

The Scum supporters are different, they enjoy the banter...The demons idiots needed to be put in their place and reminded that they're plebs.

Absolutely, alarm bells went off for me. Last time this happened, the amount of red showing under usernames was hurting my eyes.

Haven't had a card yet, might take a look. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, isn't it? They claim to hate us yet everything they've posted seems to fall into one of two categories: ignorance or hypocrisy. The declaration that Sticks and Braddles were poached was the highlight, though banging on about the salary cap was also pretty funny. Well done ODN on closing the mirror thread on our page.

1906,7 and 8 were enthralling Grannies but this game will be faster and the crowd bigger. :thumbsu:

how much did it cost you to get in those days, Thy ?

Cant be a faster, whenever they show that old fashioned footage they always run so fast you'd think it was in fast forward...

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

But it is far easier to maintain a press over 4 quarters on a shorter ground where your only having to run 80m each time rather then 100m. Your zone may be better at Subi in the 1st half, in the 2nd half however you will get tired and it will drop below the level you can show at Eithad.

In the end the negative of having extra width to cover cancels itself out with less rolling forward and back, the major factor is still the size of the ground.

We still talking footy ? reading this makes me think of the cop chasing Deuce Bigalow, American gigalow.

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

Genuine chuckles on the Dons board! Some of them are legit frothing at the mouth at the mere thought of the mighty Blues. Funny how most of the descriptions they use to insult us can be easily applied to their own club. :D

Dang it. Got perma-banned from the board, would love to rub it in after we beat them again.
There's a thread going around about Jake Carlisle's marking ability over there. I'm so tempted to post the Andrew Walker mark and write 'yeah, it was a pretty good mark, wasn't it?' :eek:

I think we give more cards to opposition supporters as well as our own. There been times I've seen other supporters, basically getting carded here for minor things that don't warrant a card. There was even a while back, we were named as the forum that likes giving cards out in a poll at will. I think basically most club forums will give a card, when you rubbish players and their team. They basically want the opposition to go on the attack, when they set up a thread like that.

Maybe you guys wont have to worry about that as you might have to face the pies :p

being serious now, you lot have perfected the press at the mcg which is almost as long but a lot wider that subi. your forward press should hold up well, not that you need it as much, your opportunist forwards are on a lever greater than collingwoods and quite accurate. and besides, subi is a fast track which suits the attributes of the majority of your players. just ask judd :p

Your main concerns is if will waite be underdone against essandon if he cant make it this week. who are the other options? setanta? hampson? henderson? kruezer? maybe taking fev back isnt a bad idea! please beat them with a kick on the siren or something just as heartbreaking!

happy hunting :)

Probably a stupid Question This far out but does anyone know when this game is likely to be?

Probably a stupid Question This far out but does anyone know when this game is likely to be?

We'll find out for sure on Sunday evening, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't scheduled for the Sunday afternoon (September 11).

We'll find out for sure on Sunday evening, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't scheduled for the Sunday afternoon (September 11).

Finals Schedule will be released after the conclusion of Rnd 24 on Sunday.

I would say the same and that is what I have been hearing J.

Sunday afternoon Sep 11 - MCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back