Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take 6 of Campbells possessions over the 6 Bell has.

Even though I just laboured the point it’s probably time to stop labouring the point.

Time to support the 22 to get the job done and get our first final win against this mob.

understandable..... it'd probably take two games for Bell to rack up that many possessions, we don't have that luxury...

Jesus Christ it’s not that difficult.

As Ralphy said. If you can rely on a bloke to relentlessly run defensively and cover outlets, that allows other players to adopt a more offensive posture, which leads to more, and more effective, scoring opportunities.

If you’ve liked the Swans’ fast attacking game style this year, James Bell says “you’re welcome”.

I’m going to add to this because it’s really giving me the ****ing shits.

Remember that game where Bell missed a sitter in the dying seconds? People falling over themselves to post on here that it proves how shit he is.

To me it showed just how much running he’d done that day and his legs were jelly. Gulden and Papley get to execute far more effectively because they haven’t covered those distances.

“Bell doesn’t kick goals.” You don’t want Bell kicking for goal. His legs are knackered. You want your other forwards taking the shots. And then they can thank Bell for the repeat forward entries.

I’m going to add to this because it’s really giving me the ******* shits.

Remember that game where Bell missed a sitter in the dying seconds? People falling over themselves to post on here that it proves how sh*t he is.

To me it showed just how much running he’d done that day and his legs were jelly. Gulden and Papley get to execute far more effectively because they haven’t covered those distances.

“Bell doesn’t kick goals.” You don’t want Bell kicking for goal. His legs are knackered. You want your other forwards taking the shots. And then they can thank Bell for the repeat forward entries.

good observation, great post
i'll back bell as part of this team

Should pick Kipchoge

Clearly running a lot is all it takes
You have the relatively rare opportunity to watch live tomorrow. So actually watch. Have in mind the places that he runs to and the impact that has on the players from GWS moving the ball out of defence. The indecision it causes. Note how he rarely stands the mark, allowing another to have that “rest”. Instead runs hard to the next defensive position.

All except Logan (injured) will be playing tomorrow.
What excitement
Edit: Braeden is on the emergency list

💖

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed. Last night I checked my phone for the team news and saw who was in so decided that I wasn't going to visit BF until today so that I don't have to get involved in the ballistic hyperbole over one player. I thought I could log on today and carefully pick my way through the rubble that was left over from the apocalyptic fallout from last night, but imagine my surprise when I find it hasn't been nearly so bad in here.
I don't understand. People in here have been rational and optimistic. I miss the old BF, what did you people do with it?

Swans man-buns: 0
GWS man-buns: at least 3 (more if Phil Davis was playing)

May the best hairstyles win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans man-buns: 0
GWS man-buns: at least 3 (more if Phil Davis was playing)

May the best hairstyles win.
Nothing makes an old bloke feel even older than seeing some of the mullets and moes being sported now by footy players who weren't even alive last century.

surprised to see them omit Campbell. I guess they feel he is still finding his feet at the level and doesn't know his limitations yet (man's got to know his imitations) whereas Bell can be trusted to do the team thing and keep it simple.
I have been feeling the team has been drinking its own cool-aid a tiny bit at times and try to be too clever. I'm sure this gets dealt with during reviews.

surprised to see them omit Campbell. I guess they feel he is still finding his feet at the level and doesn't know his limitations yet (man's got to know his imitations) whereas Bell can be trusted to do the team thing and keep it simple.
I have been feeling the team has been drinking its own cool-aid a tiny bit at times and try to be too clever. I'm sure this gets dealt with during reviews.

I think they just see Bell as being more ready for finals footy. Can't argue with that really.

At the end of the day this decision isn't going to decide the game or even have much bearing at all on the result.

Tom Papley expects a recalled Chad Warner and their young teammates to overcome the Giants’ star-studded and in-form midfield.
Warner will return for his first match since round 12 but averaged 17 disposals (seven contested)

Kennedy we can cover but I'm very worried about not having Millsy. Our best player imo.

I sorta see it the opposite. I think we can win enough of the hard ball on the inside like Mills does. We may miss the sense of calm and composure JPK has brought in recent weeks, but I back Hewett to deliver the goods, as he always does.

Any idea if you'll be playing on Haynes this week? You did great against him last year IIRC

I sorta see it the opposite. I think we can win enough of the hard ball on the inside like Mills does. We may miss the sense of calm and composure JPK has brought in recent weeks, but I back Hewett to deliver the goods, as he always does.

Any idea if you'll be playing on Haynes this week? You did great against him last year IIRC
I think Haywood goes to Haynes.

Not sure who this Hayward character is that you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back