Rumour End Of Season Gossip Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Cornelius ? and if neither of these 2 players and the post rumours are true what do you see the lions giving up ?

Yeah Ace (Cornelius) is similar to Post. Has been around a fair time without cementing a spot. He's got the tools to be a good forward but is just stuck in some awkward place between third tall and key forward. I'm undecided whether or not he could make it personally, but he is a proven goal kicker.

I could see Cornelius for Post happening. It'd be for Post as a KPD though, not a KPF I reckon. Although that'd probably depend on whether or not we get Tippett.

Yeah Ace (Cornelius) is similar to Post. Has been around a fair time without cementing a spot. He's got the tools to be a good forward but is just stuck in some awkward place between third tall and key forward. I'm undecided whether or not he could make it personally, but he is a proven goal kicker.

I could see Cornelius for Post happening. It'd be for Post as a KPD though, not a KPF I reckon. Although that'd probably depend on whether or not we get Tippett.
Post is actually more suited to being a KPD in my opinion, The problem we have with our supporters is that we are very impatient with our KPP stocks but admire other teams duds . Shoenmakers, Lisle,Dawson etc are were all played and given chances to develope, with our 2nds being coburg - thats a problem as players just dont develope there.

So whats the Goss on the Crazy Mad Monday your blokes had, heard a victorian kid wants out due to having a punch on with another player and his dad.

who;s the player
Rockliff? Karnezis? Bartlett? Docherty

Post is actually more suited to being a KPD in my opinion, The problem we have with our supporters is that we are very impatient with our KPP stocks but admire other teams duds . Shoenmakers, Lisle,Dawson etc are were all played and given chances to develope, with our 2nds being coburg - thats a problem as players just dont develope there.

So whats the Goss on the Crazy Mad Monday your blokes had, heard a victorian kid wants out due to having a punch on with another player and his dad.

who;s the player
Rockliff? Karnezis? Bartlett? Docherty

Definitely not any of the last three, as they weren't involved in Mad Monday due to playing in the NEAFL grand final next week. Their mad monday is after that. It wouldn't be Rocky either, you won't find someone more completely committed to the club.

The only players who fit the description who were involved with Mad Monday (apart from Rocky) are Lester, Golby and Polkinghorne. Lester re-signed on Wednesday so wouldn't be him. Golby is an ex rookie and has always spoken about how he wants to replay the club's faith in him (and is not the type at all to get involved in a punch up). As for Polks... I doubt he'd leave, and if he did, he wouldn't be worth much at all.

So no one else really fits the description. Pretty sure it's no more than a rumour.

No im comparing their abilitZy to adapt to life in the big smoke....our track record with indigineous players is abysmal

You know what, if we don't take a player because of reasons like that, or have issues ourselves that we are unable to develop indigineous players, then we have a bigger problem than we all think. If Garlett is a top 5 player in terms of talent and he is there at 9, we are derelict in our ambitions if we do not take him (if the internal ratings are like that).

With Mark Williams on board now, we should have absolutely no issues with developing indigineous players. He has developed many aboriginal champions in his time and we should not hesitate drafting one if we get the chance.

Also Garlett's problems are not as bad as reputation has got out of it. In fact if people see what he has done since the issues he has had they will see a kid that loves the game and will be a success.

Watch his game against Vic Metro. You will not find a guy that gut runs after disposing a ball like him. His spread is magnificent. Which shows he works damn hard when out on the field.

I am a massive fan of his. I think he would give us so much. We are a tad one paced at the moment. This kid gives us that explosiveness we lack. Adds to us significantly.

You don't get given a number like Richos if you haven't shown anything.

It's a number for Christ sake. Admittedly he has had injuries but the bloke got torn to pieces by VFL forwards this year. Has shown in his AFL games that he lacks heart (maybe because he's a young bloke) and TBH he has hardly played one good game for the club. 3 goals on debut sweet. Marty McGrath kicked 5.

It's a number for Christ sake. Admittedly he has had injuries but the bloke got torn to pieces by VFL forwards this year. Has shown in his AFL games that he lacks heart (maybe because he's a young bloke) and TBH he has hardly played one good game for the club. 3 goals on debut sweet. Marty McGrath kicked 5.
This amuses me for a number of reasons, but mainly because it's typed completely without any logical thought process behind it. 'Lacks heart'. Can you please define how you come to this conclusion?
'Has shown in AFL that he lacks heart'. Those are your words, not mine. This is the reason why I hope none of our players read this board ever in their lifetimes.

Polec dogged a few contests and Voss dropped him straight away. One of them was versus us last year.

Might be part of a Tippett deal

Nah, that's not at all why he was dropped. Just doesn't have the tank for the top level yet. Incredibly high hopes for him at the club. Him and Karnezis are the best chances of becoming elite players so I'd hate to lose either of them. Dount we'd trade Polec for Tippett. If that trade happens, I reckon itll be a pick 8 straight swap.

Can I ask where you heard the mad Monday rumour from? Only asking as none of the ressies players took part in mad Monday (were actually training), so it'd have to be Lester, Golby, Rocky or Polkinghorne. Can't see it being any of the first three, and Polks would be a surprise. Any more info you can give?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deal is Post for Karnezis. No chance in hell we would add to that for a kid that hardly has got a game, wants home (rumour) and hasn't done anything of note.

Post has played regularly this season, in a team that was better than where he is being traded to, plays a Key Position and has had four pre seasons put into him.

Pat has potential, but that only tells you a quarter of the story. At the end of the day trading is complex, and just because fans rate Karnezis as the next Pendles, LOL, doesn't mean the clubs will. If Patrick chooses a particular team, then more or less, they will get the trade done.

If we have started talking to him like rumours suggest, then we are a big shot.

This amuses me for its stupidity. 'Lacks heart'. Can you please define how you come to this conclusion?
'Has shown in AFL that he lacks heart'. Those are your words, not mine. This is the reason why I hope none of our players read this board ever in their lifetimes.

Lacks heart ie is soft at times. Have you honestly never heard that used in footy before? Have you ever even played the game? I have seen Astbury pull out quite a few times and that shows to me that he lacks heart. Like I said, you can give him some slack because he's fairly young but I'm wanting to see intensity from this guy (and Post) in 2013.

**** me dead some of you blokes are hilarious

The deal is Post for Karnezis. No chance in hell we would add to that for a kid that hardly has got a game, wants home (rumour) and hasn't done anything of note.

Post has played regularly this season, in a team that was better than where he is being traded to, plays a Key Position and has had four pre seasons put into him.

Pat has potential, but that only tells you a quarter of the story. At the end of the day trading is complex, and just because fans rate Karnezis as the next Pendles, LOL, doesn't mean the clubs will. If Patrick chooses a particular team, then more or less, they will get the trade done.

If we have started talking to him like rumours suggest, then we are a big shot.

I cant see us being interested in karnezis, soft

Lacks heart ie is soft at times. Have you honestly never heard that used in footy before? Have you ever even played the game? I have seen Astbury pull out quite a few times and that shows to me that he lacks heart. Like I said, you can give him some slack because he's fairly young but I'm wanting to see intensity from this guy (and Post) in 2013.

**** me dead some of you blokes are hilarious
I haven't seen it myself.
I think you are making things up.
But it's your right to do so and I will defend your right to do so.

You know what, if we don't take a player because of reasons like that, or have issues ourselves that we are unable to develop indigineous players, then we have a bigger problem than we all think. If Garlett is a top 5 player in terms of talent and he is there at 9, we are derelict in our ambitions if we do not take him (if the internal ratings are like that).

With Mark Williams on board now, we should have absolutely no issues with developing indigineous players. He has developed many aboriginal champions in his time and we should not hesitate drafting one if we get the chance.

Also Garlett's problems are not as bad as reputation has got out of it. In fact if people see what he has done since the issues he has had they will see a kid that loves the game and will be a success.

Watch his game against Vic Metro. You will not find a guy that gut runs after disposing a ball like him. His spread is magnificent. Which shows he works damn hard when out on the field.

I am a massive fan of his. I think he would give us so much. We are a tad one paced at the moment. This kid gives us that explosiveness we lack. Adds to us significantly.

Whilst i have nothing against indigenous players & admire their talents and love watching them play , I am very cautious about recruiting them with 1st round selections.
I see Rioli,Yarran,Wells,Ryder etc etc and wish we had them in our team, We never seem to have much luck with these boys

Tambling,Jon,Taylor,Peterson have all been busts for us in recent years. But dayle Garlett does look extremely good and probably well deserved 1st round pick- Can we develop him and nurture him to become the player he could become.

I also feel that to have these boys flourish at this level you need a few of them in the same team as they look to have the brotherhood thing happening to make them happier and feel comfortable in their 'new' envoirements

If we do decide to go with Garlett with our pick #9 I would also like to see anothe indigenous boy Tim Sumner taken with our later picks #31 or #50 and maybe Chris Yarran with a Rookie selection.

And to put a real left field idea out there, the chances are that Richard Tambling will be Delisted from the crows this year & If he is available at our rookie pick - Give him another shot as a rookie as he will also give us Depth in the midfield

I haven't seen it myself.
I think you are making things up.
But it's your right to do so and I will defend your right to do so.

Certainly haven't made anything up. But i have no problem with anyone disagreeing with it. Makes for a boring forum if we're all dancing to the same beat

Whilst i have nothing against indigenous players & admire their talents and love watching them play , I am very cautious about recruiting them with 1st round selections.
I see Rioli,Yarran,Wells,Ryder etc etc and wish we had them in our team, We never seem to have much luck with these boys

Tambling,Jon,Taylor,Peterson have all been busts for us in recent years. But dayle Garlett does look extremely good and probably well deserved 1st round pick- Can we develop him and nurture him to become the player he could become.

I also feel that to have these boys flourish at this level you need a few of them in the same team as they look to have the brotherhood thing happening to make them happier and feel comfortable in their 'new' envoirements

If we do decide to go with Garlett with our pick #9 I would also like to see anothe indigenous boy Tim Sumner taken with our later picks #31 or #50 and maybe Chris Yarran with a Rookie selection.

And to put a real left field idea out there, the chances are that Richard Tambling will be Delisted from the crows this year & If he is available at our rookie pick - Give him another shot as a rookie as he will also give us Depth in the midfield

He is every bit worth Pick 9. Jetta was 21 when drafted, this kid is 18. He is a good kid, nice lad who loves his footy. Made some silly choices but nothing like what people are trying to suggest. Quiet, shy and just wants to play. In a system that believes in it's development he will flourish. Mark Williams is a great indiginous mentor for obvious reasons, his greatest works were the Burgoyne boys who in the early years had some real issues. Garletts don't come close to what the issues they had, trust me. Yet he nurtured them into fine, long term players who stuck to the straight and narrow. I have no issue at all in taking a player like Garlett early.

I do tend to agree with you about the brotherhood. We have Shane Edwards as our only aboriginal representative, which to me is very poor. Getting in one or two more along with Garlett would create a great environment for him to feel comfortable. But again, we should only take who we believe will be best for us at each given pick. We have a group of great leaders at the club and a playing group that is really close knit and nice guys who will welcome him in. He should have no issues.

Just read that someone said he was too outside? I think many have formed an opinion on him by not watching more than a minute of highlights on him. The kid can do it all, inside/outside, magical, simple. He has a lot of improvement in him, but the foundations are all there. As I said, watch the Vic Metro game against WA and he, Jack Martin and Simpson swung the game back, through hard work, skill and unbelievable pace. Garlett started in the square when WA were making their comeback. Not bad for a too outside player. No doubt he will spend a majority of time outside, but that is his unbelievable strength. His pace is right up to Jetta's, will be the quickest those two in the league. What an asset for us to have, for us a one paced side.

Left foot, penetrating kick, I was the biggest Kennedy fan around, I now believe Garlett would be the better choice. That is how high I rate the lad.

Lastly on Tambling. No. Not going to happen, nor should it. Time to move on.

I will be extremely interested to see who lines up at CHF for us in round 1. Assuming Riewoldt is playing deep and Vickery in the pocket/2nd ruck. Elton, Astbury, Griffiths, McGuane (nah) or someone not on the list yet. I'm hoping for Astbury. Rate him highly. Did some things last weekend that not many KPP in his position at his stage of their career can do. I see a lot in him.

He is every bit worth Pick 9. Jetta was 21 when drafted, this kid is 18. He is a good kid, nice lad who loves his footy. Made some silly choices but nothing like what people are trying to suggest. Quiet, shy and just wants to play. In a system that believes in it's development he will flourish. Mark Williams is a great indiginous mentor for obvious reasons, his greatest works were the Burgoyne boys who in the early years had some real issues. Garletts don't come close to what the issues they had, trust me. Yet he nurtured them into fine, long term players who stuck to the straight and narrow. I have no issue at all in taking a player like Garlett early.

I do tend to agree with you about the brotherhood. We have Shane Edwards as our only aboriginal representative, which to me is very poor. Getting in one or two more along with Garlett would create a great environment for him to feel comfortable. But again, we should only take who we believe will be best for us at each given pick. We have a group of great leaders at the club and a playing group that is really close knit and nice guys who will welcome him in. He should have no issues.

Just read that someone said he was too outside? I think many have formed an opinion on him by not watching more than a minute of highlights on him. The kid can do it all, inside/outside, magical, simple. He has a lot of improvement in him, but the foundations are all there. As I said, watch the Vic Metro game against WA and he, Jack Martin and Simpson swung the game back, through hard work, skill and unbelievable pace. Garlett started in the square when WA were making their comeback. Not bad for a too outside player. No doubt he will spend a majority of time outside, but that is his unbelievable strength. His pace is right up to Jetta's, will be the quickest those two in the league. What an asset for us to have, for us a one paced side.

Left foot, penetrating kick, I was the biggest Kennedy fan around, I now believe Garlett would be the better choice. That is how high I rate the lad.

Lastly on Tambling. No. Not going to happen, nor should it. Time to move on.
You've very much convinced me. If Mayes and O'Rourke are gone, get on the Garlett!

Well said Tigerbob. Garlett will be a gun. Have to back ourselves in eventually. I'm hoping we can get Simpson to tank his interviews so he goes 2nd round :p

Karnezis for Post would be a win for both teams. A win for Post as well as maybe just maybe Brisbane will leave him at CHB where they need someone and let him develop in one spot.

Harley Bennell says hi.
Iknow you are not criticising indigenous kids at all, more so our lack of developing these young men as footballers.
We just cannot afford to overlook anyone if it is going to benefit out club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back