England tour of India (4 Tests, 2 T20I, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

India are really, really declining.

As I said in another post, it happened to SA first, then to England, then to us. Now I guess it's India's turn.

What the BCCI does next will influence India's future.

Anderson has bowled a ripping spell, the two deliveries that smashed Sehwags middle stump and the one that viciously cut back to nail Sachin were poetry in motion.

Watching Tendulkar struggle like this hurts
Not sure why, it's his choice to keep playing.

He's coming up to two calendar years without a Test hundred (31 innings by my calculation).

He scored 146 against SA at the start of 2011, then those 31 innings have been:
14*, 34, 12, 16, 56, 1, 40, 23, 91, 7, 76, 38, 94, 3, 73, 32 (2011)
41, 80, 15, 8, 25, 13, 19, 17, 27, 13, 8, 8, 76, 5, 2 (2012)

2011 was pretty consistent, even with only the one ton, but his 2012 record has been 357 runs at just under 24, with his last 13 innings giving him 236 runs at around 18.

He can't go on forever.

Good to see Cricinfo hasnt lost any of their bias in their commentary, read the Swann wicket was a shocker and yet just saw the replay and see clear movement of the glove on the way through...
I don't care if India get shockers anyway.

It's not like they can review them...:)

Good to see Cricinfo hasnt lost any of their bias in their commentary, read the Swann wicket was a shocker and yet just saw the replay and see clear movement of the glove on the way through...

I'm not sure I'd say there was clear evidence of it being a shocker or a correct decision

know what you mean, I posted a critical comment on Indian cricket once and now they never show what i post

If there's any bias in the commentary of this series, it goes both ways.

Virtually all of Cricinfo's commentators are either British or Indian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

know what you mean, I posted a critical comment on Indian cricket once and now they never show what i post

They never show what I post regardless of what I type. :p

To be fair, they're probably flooded with all kinds of comments so yours going up each time is outlandish to accept. The primary purpose of the stream is ball-by-ball commentary and updates, and our comments are just secondary.

Dhoni promoted himself this innings ahead of Jadeja. Last time he promoted himself was the World Cup final. Solid partnership however two quick wickets and England will be on top.

EDIT: One comment on the Times of India was hilarious:

"Given Dhoni was a nightwatchman to protect Ashwin he has done quite well"

******* hell India. The one time I want them to perform they become a rabble. :mad:

They are Australia-esque from two years ago, ageing stars all fading or leaving, all at once.

They've been a rabble for a little while, in all honesty.

As I've said earlier, SA declined first, then England, then Australia, now it's India's turn.

India have a long tail though (aside from ashwin), so these 2 need to stick around for them. Good to see dhoni stick in and fight, haven't seen this from him in a long time in tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

England tour of India (4 Tests, 2 T20I, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back