No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google says
7000 days = Saturday, 4 November 2023
10000 days = Wednesday, 21 January 2032
You would have to think that if the streak remains that Wednesday 21 January 2032 would be declared as a public holiday.

Prime minister (and six time premiership captain) Patrick Cripps will go on the record saying "anyone that sacks a worker for not turning up today is a bum"

Slobbo's back!

Sheedy's been on the Slobbo phone to air more dirty laundry and to ensure Barham gets the flick now that he didn't fulfill his promise of selecting Hird as coach.

• Sheedy had the belief that he and the new president David Barham — a go-getter type for sure — would have the final say on who be the new coach of Essendon.
  • in the end it would be Sheedy and Barham to make the ultimate call
  • “It’s so political, it’s unbelievable,” said one former staff member, who’d come from another AFL club, of the goings on at the club’s Tullamarine headquarters.
  • In many respects, Barham was only president because of Sheedy. And Sheedy wanted Hird as coach. And Barham knew Sheedy wanted Hird as coach.
  • “You look at the way they treated Truck (Rutten), regardless if he can coach or not, you don’t treat people like that,” one former Essendon great said.
  • “If the president does that then anybody else at the club thinks they can do the same thing and get away with it. There’s your culture problem.”
  • Sheedy was quickly in his court, believing his premiership captain was exactly the man to pull his old club together again. Hird believed it, too.
  • Further, it’s understood Hird and Barham had spoken several weeks previously and that Hird was assured he would be legitimately considered for the job.

No promises from Barham, but an assurance that he and Sheedy would be picking the coach.

So, Hird went for an interview.

And Sheedy went to New York.

The cunning old bugger’s plan was in train.

Already, whatever hope Barham had of landing Clarkson was scuppered when Sheedy suggested in a radio interview that Clarkson would be better suited at the Kangaroos.

In Sheedy’s mind, everything was in order.
  • The so-called plan of Barham and Sheedy selecting the coach, presumably after considering recommendations from the selection panel, was ditched, which blindsided Sheedy.
  • Sheedy, who was in California, was shocked and disappointed. He called the Herald Sun, wanting the world to know he voted for Hird
  • He’d (Thorburn) been in charge of the external review and as part of that review, he had spoken to dozens of staff, urging them to tell him everything as he was an impartial observer.
  • “He ran the review, the staff were honest with him, he was saying, ‘I’m impartial, tell me all your secrets’. Then suddenly it was like, ‘Oh by the way now all those things you said, I remember them and I’m now your CEO’.”
  • And Hird? He probably thinks he was strung along, and if that is the truth, he will never have anything to do with the Essendon Football Club again.

“Sheedy, meanwhile, will support Scott to the hilt.”

Bwahahaha, dis gonna keep on bein reeeaaal good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Far out, that’s even harder to do considering best of 5/7 series

How many times they been in the post season in that time?

This is their first time since 2001.

Sheedy is a psychopath but aren’t we glad that he’s *’s psychopath? 😂

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Can't say I ever thought I'd be barracking for Sheeds, but he's doing more to destroy * than anyone outside that cesspit of a club.

The best bit about the Thorburn 24-hour reign, is that I think * pissed off a bunch of supporters with his appointment. And then pissed off another group when they let him go. They lost goodwill on both sides.

I could never believe how * supporters stuck to the club after the doping. But I think the latest circus show is disenfranchising even the most faithful fans.

I've got a couple of hard-core * supporting mates that defended the club through the doping but they are both now broken and think their club is a joke.

The best bit about the Thorburn 24-hour reign, is that I think * pissed off a bunch of supporters with his appointment. And then pissed off another group when they let him go. They lost goodwill on both sides.

I could never believe how * supporters stuck to the club after the doping. But I think the latest circus show is disenfranchising even the most faithful fans.

I've got a couple of hard-core * supporting mates that defended the club through the doping but they are both now broken and think their club is a joke.
Blows your mind.

Got a couple too Ferris, Messendon is a favourite response from them and couple texted back asking when the circus is going to end.

I’d feel sorry for them but I copped worse for years and they barrack for Essendon so * em

I believe **** em is the best and most appropriate response.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing how * supporters view on Setterfield has changed over the last few days. All of a sudden he's the answer to the big bodied mid they need. 2 months ago we couldn't have given him to them for free.

On a sidenote. The Davey twins are yet to commit to * as FS picks. If 17 year olds are making judgement, how bad can the place be?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am mystified, and pleased at the same time, that a simple background check would be either neglected or ignored to find all the issues in banking and religion that seem to be an issue.
Then again…Essington!

Perhaps hird can now sympathise with all the candidates who wasted their time when his M* mates shoe horned him in the first time…then again.

Maybe just maybe, now hear me out here, the coaching panel didn’t think Hird was the best person for the job?

Basically in Sheedys mind the whole “process” was a sham so he could get hird back.

Tried to run * the same way he ran his businesses... aggressively.

Rumour has it during the saga he was trying to round up numbers to form a vote of no confidence against the AFL.

Eddie basically called him a new fish and told him to "sit down, shut up and take the punishment your club deserves".

This was the origin of Slobbos witch hunt articles about Eddie and Bucks.

All of the above is alleged of course. Heard it 3rd hand.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back