Autopsy Essendon v Fremantle AFL Rd 1 2020 - Saturday March 21 2:10pm AEDT (Marvel Stadium) TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Essendon v Fremantle

• Essendon by lots

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Essendon by a narrow margin

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Fremantle by a lot

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Fremantle by a narrow margin

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair call but I think Carlton is the only team that has an injury list like ours

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN TIME
Hayden YoungQuadTest
Liam HenryKneeTest
Michael FrederickHamstringTest
David MundyAnkle1 week
Nathan WilsonToe2 weeks
Alex PearceAnkle2 weeks
Stefan GiroKnee12 weeks
Sam SwitkowskiBackTBA
Stephen HillQuadTBA
Blake AcresHamstringTBA
Joel HamlingAnkleTBA

Essendon were lucky we played you this week. No Key forwards vs no key defenders means we largely got away with Laverde and Townsend as KPFs

should go for that cheap shot imo, Sturt spent half of last season on the sidelines with concussion issues. That was a disgrace.

Yes definitely should factor in concussions from last year, before he was even drafted.

Stupid act from a player having a howler, but insufficient force, 50 all it was worth.

Had almost 1/3 of our best 22 out. 4 points on the board.

Imagine when we have Heppell, Daniher, Hooker, McKernan, McKenna and Ambrose back. Geeee wizz.

Imagine when Freo have Mundy, Acres, Hill, Switta, their 3 top 10 draft picks who would be playing if fit and basically their entire defence in Pearce, Hamling & Wilson back. Geeee wizz.

Yes definitely should factor in concussions from last year, before he was even drafted.

Stupid act from a player having a howler, but insufficient force, 50 all it was worth.

Obviously i didn't mean it like that, i was just explaining why it was so hard to watch that happen to that player in particular. If he had have concusses Sturt we'd be talking about it the same way we talked about Camerons cheap shot on Harris Andrews in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine when Freo have Mundy, Acres, Hill, Switta, their 3 top 10 draft picks who would be playing if fit and basically their entire defence in Pearce, Hamling & Wilson back. Geeee wizz.
True. I mean, 3 All-Australians among our group, but Switkowski and Wilson would've made a huge difference for sure.

Didn’t see a kick in this game, but just looking at the scoreboard tells me it was 2 woeful teams playing a terrible brand of football.

cant wait to boost our percentage against these pretenders

Didn’t see a kick in this game, but just looking at the scoreboard tells me it was 2 woeful teams playing a terrible brand of football.

cant wait to boost our percentage against these pretenders
We aren’t pretending to be anything other than a middle of the road side so not sure why you are even concerned by us

It was our game to lose even with all our players out.

Bombers are going to get destroyed by teams that can hit a target and actually start the game with some kind of intensity.
Because we definitely have everyone playing as well. We didn't have 17 surgeries over the off-season.
We went to sleep for one quarter, but we had the game under control for 3. Not too concerning. A win is a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Essendon v Fremantle AFL Rd 1 2020 - Saturday March 21 2:10pm AEDT (Marvel Stadium) TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Back