AFL Autopsy Essendon v Melbourne, Melbourne by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

That isn't the point. He has all the tools but he is a worse set shot than Cloke. 30 out right in front as a key forward you should be more than a 50/50 shot!

Mate he doesn't have all of the tools obviously, unless you mean his 2 legs.
Cloke was a woeful kick for years.

How many shots did he have today? 2? 1 from the boundary (miss) & 1 on the run (goal)?
Had the umpires paid the blatant holds in front of goal he probably would have ended up with another 3 goals & we would have won comfortably.

Anyway, it's halfway through his second year and he has to work hard on the set shots. Let's see how he goes.

I've got my final exam tomorrow and I'm meant to be seriously cramming, but after that bullshit ending I'm so pumped up and can't concentrate.

Melksham MUST be dropped for an extended period of time. His decision making is terrible, he has no honest attack at the contest and he doesn't run the other way. Would not care if we put him on the trade table for peanuts, he can't just perform for a few weeks per season and expect to stay in the side.

If it wasn't for the ASADA stuff, we'd be totally irrelevant. Like we have been for the previous 10 years. Who ever coaches next year has a hell of a job to do.

Another season down the drain. ****ing awesome.

Special thanks to the clueless media and the Geelong crew - Robinson, McCartney and lesser extent Thompson.

Bent us over beautifully.

Our current problems are far deeper than who the coach is.

1.5 hour drive home to stew on this. 4:40 is the worst time for a Sunday game. **** you vlad

in better news we got 45,000 on a cold Sunday twilight. Carlton v Hawthorn (who boast how many flipping supporters they have) only managed a paltry 22,000 on a perfect Friday night

This mentality of just getting the job done and not playing our best footy because it is only June is what loses us these kind of games. We are just not that good to think like that. Ruined a chance to enter the top 8 and I don't think we'll get there again this season.

What a waste of a year and a waste of my time

We should never have beaten the Western Bullldogs, Brisbane or GWS. Not sure how we did.

Because our midfield is stacked with inherent quality and our defence is exceptional. We didn't lose because our list is shit, we lost because we couldn't execute the simplest of skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in better news we got 45,000 on a cold Sunday twilight. Carlton v Hawthorn (who boast how many ruddy supporters they have) only managed a paltry 22,000 on a perfect Friday night
Uh, Friday night's game got just under 50,000 (which is still kinda crummy, given the teams and the timeslot).

Now is the time to give Kavanagh an extended time in the team - Surely he will replace Melksham - The funniest thing is that we had Hooker/Hurley/Carlisle in defence and we still struggled in attack. We seriously played caveman footy in our forward half - Kicking long is the lazy and unthinking option.

Possibly NOB may as well be trialled and we may as well give Jetta his 7 games to reach 100.

in better news we got 45,000 on a cold Sunday twilight. Carlton v Hawthorn (who boast how many ruddy supporters they have) only managed a paltry 22,000 on a perfect Friday night

Yeah. It certainly didn't look like 45k from where I was sitting, must of been a fair few in the bats (wish I was one of them). Ground looked empty five minds before the start.

Can't remember the lat time I've enjoyed watching us play live (missed the tigers game). really sad

**** the afl who got bought with melbourne's old money. **** the scumpires who executed their match-fixing. and **** the bombers who don't want to win games.

Because our midfield is stacked with inherent quality and our defence is exceptional. We didn't lose because our list is shit, we lost because we couldn't execute the simplest of skills
Maybe cause our list is shit, we couldn't execute the simplest skills.

Forward line is absolute garbage. No one leads, no one kicks straight. A second year forward is our best player.
Our midfield has no depth. Stanton's been copping the hard tag for the past 5 years and that doesn't look to be changing soon. When are the likes of Heppell, Zaharakis (this game excepted) going to perform well enough to draw consistent attention?
Our defence is the only redeeming part of our list.

I'm really not convinced about this tbh (at least, not relative to the Hawthorns, Geelongs, Sydneys, Fremantles and Collingwoods of the world).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Essendon v Melbourne, Melbourne by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back