Preview Essendon vs North Melbourne, Etihad, Saturday 22/07/17 @ 1:45 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanton was a class above. It wasn't just his possession count that was impressive, it was his decision making, his work rate, his ability to settle the team that stood out yesterday. He may very well be a VFL player now but it is handy back up to have.
[fwiw, do not think he will be selected in the AFL again barring an incredible run of injuries or a token send off game if we are out of finals contention]

Still, all of those things against Carlton teenagers. He's been in the best 3 times in 8 VFL games. Agreed, he is good depth.

I agree to an extent about not changing the dynamic of the forward line.

It's functioning like a unit. So green may not have the stats, or Tippa.. but it's working. Maybe its working because of the space their movement creates for the talls? Or their styles of pressure? Selfless acts?

Maybe Laverde throws that balance out, or fridge, creates more pack type situations?

I don't know. What I do know is Ive suffered close to a decade with a disfunctional fwd line... It's the Pits! This one works, don't mess with the delicate chemistry!

It's a functional unit, not 6 individual players..

Like for like changes only.

Nope not joking, just aimed at dps little "so you must want Brent Stanton in for uncle drew" jab. Still making me mad, I hate hearing the name Brent Stanton. Especially when it comes at the other end of Out: McGrath

Take some chill pills brah

Maybe it is Stewart that comes out for Laverde after the radar failed Friday night.

Goddard may be rested too and Watson gets a second week off.

Out: Goddard (rested), Stewart (stiff but gets a chance to straighten up)
In: Laverde, Langford

Nope, too important to our structure. No way he gets dropped, 2 misses were snaps in traffic, one hit the post. Had 20 possessions, will keep his spot IMO.

People need to stop and have a quick think about why Josh Green was delisted by one of the weakest lists in the competition.

Also if you havent figured it out yet Teflon Dons is a troll account.

Nope, genuinely believe Greens role is misunderstood and unappreciated by most in here. It's a fact that he's our most experienced forward and I don't think the reason he isn't dropped is Woosha being conservative. Not allowed to disagree with the majority? Sorry Adolf

I wouldnt be too surprised if Kelly is rested after back to back 6 day breaks and with Stants in good touch. Im not calling for it but it wouldnt surprise me.

Watson back in for Bird is most likely however its a shame because Bird was very good. Not sure Jobe will be exposed too much for pace by Norths mids so im hopeful he will have a good game.

Laverde will not be named. 3 games back from a lower leg injury with no tank. He can dominate lower level because of talent but cant run out AFL games yet.

Green unless injured will hold his spot. He hasmt been dropped previous weeks no matter how much supporters bitch and moan, he isnt going to be dropped after a big team win that he contributed to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it is Stewart that comes out for Laverde after the radar failed Friday night.

Goddard may be rested too and Watson gets a second week off.

Out: Goddard (rested), Stewart (stiff but gets a chance to straighten up)
In: Laverde, Langford

Can you name the last player dropped for 'wayward kicking'? despite not kicking accurately, he had a great game, linked up really well, and still had a huge scoreboard impact.

I don't care what sort of player he used to be, he's not that player now. He's not playing well enough to be in the team, and if his name wasn't Jobe Watson he'd have been playing alongside Stanton in the reserves all season.

Yeah, he's not the best player in the comp anymore. To say you hope he never plays again is unfair, he's still important, at least this year

Yeah, he's not the best player in the comp anymore. To say you hope he never plays again is unfair, he's still important, at least this year

Saying I hope he never plays again is probably not quite right. Do I want him to play again? Of course, but I know that if we play him, his selection will cost us matches because there are other players who can play his role better. I'd rather we play someone else in better form instead of someone who is a shadow of their former selves. I'd like him to come back and play the way he used to, but he can't so I'd rather he retire and we move on with different players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back