Preview Essendon vs St Kilda Saints - 7:25pm Saturday, 1st of April 2023 at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
OUT: Heppell, Jones, Massimo, Kelly
IN: Stringer, Weideman, Hind, Guelfi

Team;-

Ridley Zerk McGrath
Redman Lav Hind
Shiel Setterfield Durham
Langford Weideman Guelfi
Draper Stringer Davey

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Perkins Menzie Martin
SUB: Kelly

VOSS banging down the door also…

We suddenly look like a good team !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

OUT: Heppell, Jones, Massimo, Kelly
IN: Stringer, Weideman, Hind, Guelfi

Team;-

Ridley Zerk McGrath
Redman Lav Hind
Shiel Setterfield Durham
Langford Weideman Guelfi
Draper Stringer Davey

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Perkins Menzie Martin
SUB: Kelly

VOSS banging down the door also…

We suddenly look like a good team !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hobbs in for heppell, stringer for Jones,

Voss for Jones. Stringer still getting warm. I like Massimo but I'm torn about dropping him for Hind, although we could have used his run and carry today.

We will need plenty of pace and endurance and skills at their best. The pressure is about to be turned way up. Saints averaging nearly ten more tackles than we do over the two games, and their opponents have been better quality than ours.

Weid for Jones
Hobbs for Heppell

That’ll probably do. Stringer, Voss and Hind can continue to put pressure on, but that feels like enough adjustment for a team playing well together.

Really excited about this game. Saints are looking very good. Steele out is massive for them.

A few players to pick from now. Stringer should be right to play. Likewise with Weideman.

Scott said Voss, Hobbs and Hind all had very good games in the VFL (as well as Stringer).

Is this the game where we need to play two rucks? Or is there a chance we replace Phillips with another forward?

Really excited about this game. Saints are looking very good. Steele out is massive for them.

A few players to pick from now. Stringer should be right to play. Likewise with Weideman.

Scott said Voss, Hobbs and Hind all had very good games in the VFL (as well as Stringer).

Is this the game where we need to play two rucks? Or is there a chance we replace Phillips with another forward?
Marshall had an excellent game against a quality opponent.
Thought we quelled witts' influence with 2 rucks.

is a rolled ankle a guaranteed miss? If not, no chance zerk is dropped

Mass would be unlucky. Thought his use and positioning were great today.

Hepp for hobbs
Weid for guelfi
Not sure who goes sub. Maybe mass given he was named there this week.
Stringer could be a handy sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think Jones has been ineffective? Voss is banging the door down. If Weid gets up, he and Voss should be starters.
We are very light on for talls. Jones has good running patterns and just needs some games. The last two weeks it seems that someone has been able to get out. This week it was Langford. If Weiderman get's up, Jones and Weiderman should be in the same side together (not a swap). Phillips is the one I'd take out (with Weiderman to backup ruck).

Every single week this thread starts with Kelly out. Why? He is clearly a favourite with Brad, he’s tough, uncompromising, prone to the error every now and then but works ten times as hard to make up for it.

Every.

Single.

Week.

Jones was ok. Had a role to play as a lead up forward more so than a deep forward.

Out: Heppell, Massimo
In: Hobbs, Weid

Stringer as sub whilst he gets conditioning up

Maybe Voss for Davey (gut feel says he'll struggle to back up two consecutive games).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In the press conference Scott said Jones has a role to play and by playing that role someone else gets off the chain. Last week it was Perkins who got the reward for effort, today it was Langford.

Don’t know if that means undroppable but he didn’t seem overly concerned

I’m always curious as to why everyone seems to be onboard with dropping massimo?
I thought he was really good today and seems to get better with every afl game under his belt. One of the best kicks in our team but always seems to be on the chopping block, am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back