Preview Essendon vs Sydney, Docklands, Friday 27/07/18 @ 7:50 PM

How many will Buddy kick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney have won 10 of the last 11 games against us, including the last 8. The one win in that was when Goodes missed after the siren. To say we struggle against them is an understatement.

I think it is due to the stat you mentioned earlier. We win the clearances and we win. Sydney are very good in that area, especially against us as Kennedy kills us.

The system, which has correctly predicted a staggering 23 of the last 27 lines predicts Essendon to win by more than 2 goals.

What system? As its predicted 23 out of last 27 of our games? Comps games?

Sydney have had the wood on us lately but we havent played them in Melb since 2014.

We will have a fast side this week so if we can break the lines we will win IMO.

Francis will be interesting. I am hoping we park him in the space Buddy leads to as he is a great intercept mark and penetrating field kick.

As steady as Dea’s been, I’m happy for him to make way for franga.
Imagine Dea will play - he’s a good match up for Hayward. My guess is that either Francis is a direct replacement for McKernan or they will give BJ a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The system, which has correctly predicted a staggering 23 of the last 27 lines predicts Essendon to win by more than 2 goals.
What system? As its predicted 23 out of last 27 of our games? Comps games?
Yes, do tell. My wallet would like to know the whereabouts of this 'System'

Colyer and Mckernan definite outs you'd say, with Stringer, McKenna and Francis in. Hooker to play the anchor role at FF.

Barring any other injuries we don't know about, I'm thinking one of Guelfi/Goddard/Parish will be dropped or rested (probably Guelfi). Dea and McNeice to both remain in the side.

If Francis is in I can see four changes happening. Would be very nervous if we decided to go with our tallest KPD at 193 cm.

Stringer, McKenna, Francis IN

McKernan, Colyer, Dea OUT

Could we see Goddard move to the forward line? He was exposed last week in defence. Goes to ground too quickly & was caught out with his lack of pace.
Might see a similar scenario to the Baguley move forward perhaps? Goddard is still a beautiful kick and could be handy up there at this stage in his career. I think the time has come for Francis/Ridley to fill his role as it's being clear he can't perform consistently on half back anymore.

If Francis is in I can see four changes happening. Would be very nervous if we decided to go with our tallest KPD at 193 cm.

Sydney don't have any great pack marks that we should be worried about though, especially if Cameron gets dropped and Sinclair plays solely in the ruck. If they had a Hooker-type player in their side, I'd agree we'd be undersized at the back. Franklin is a great one on one player, but I'm hoping our backs can zone off and help each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back