• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be thinking:

Ins: Stewart, Stringer, McKenna
Outs: McKernan, Colyer, McNiece

Stewart can play forward and spend a few minutes as 2nd ruck each quarter. Stringer to mix his time between midfield and forward. If we can get Sydney to play a taller backline or get the occasional mismatch when all 3 of Stewart, Stringer and Brown are up there then I'd say that's a small win. The key for our forward line is hit up leading targets and keep on the move, we aren't gonna win the contested marking battle with the personnel we have available. Big test for the supremely in form Fantasia against Smith.

Hurley goes to Franklin. Its clear as day. Hooker can play on someone like McCartin and zone off. At least with both McKenna and Saad in the team we have some genuine pace back there that can help out our other defenders.

Zerrett will get the Hewett tag no doubt but I'd back him in to find a way to still impact the game. Needs to channel his last quarter vs Freo. I think Myers, Langford, Stringer and Heppell will rotate against Kennedy and Heeney at different stages.
I like your analysis but also wondering if both Colyer and McNeice can make way - feeling like McNeice may stay in the side to help curb the likes of Papley and counter some of the Sydney forward smalls. But Colyer definitely unless Woosha has (another) grand plan that we just don’t know about - Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

If there was one player I'd want to shut out of the game aside from Buddy, it's this kid.
Kennedy always tears us a new one too

On the Franklin discussion, Hooker would be a good match up too. And is currently in the top 5 players this season on winning one on ones.
Wouldn't matter when Buddy torches him on the lead.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-25/swans-confident-of-rebound-against-the-bombers

When you can't let your footy do the talking this is what you resort to. I feel confident all of a sudden. Sure they will come out hard, but they are out of form and fragile. I hope Woosha and the team are smelling the blood.
Looks like a summary of a press conference.

I like that it's Wednesday and they're still dwelling on the Gold Coast loss though. That's probably a good thing.

It appears very un Sydney like to make media news talking this way, thats two articles saying they will respond hard. Maybe im just used to them being out of sight out of mind though.

They have been very UnSydney like all year though.

- dropping games at home whilst having a great interstate record.
- playing much more corridor focused footy at home. It was especially evident against GC early. Very risky play that was part of the reason they lost, arrogance aside.

Kind of got the impression they know that to go the extra step they have to adapt, their solid gamestyle of the last 20 years can get them there but cant win it.

I dont doubt they will come out hard, i dont worry about that as i think we can matvh them in most positions.
The only worry i have from them is Buddy and being able to stop him. Personally dont think we can and they win narrowly but it just boils down to him for mine.

There is a slight question on if we bomb the ball in thinking we have mckernan or joe there and rampe etc rebound off poor entries but if hooker plays there we may be able to afford to and play off those contests and crumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sick of hearing about Luke Parker not being picked up TBH. Every club had 2 cracks before he was selected. Sydney themselves took Jed ****ing Lamb with their first pick in that draft, so they didn't even know WTF they were doing!

You don't suppose every other club's supporters are saying 'We picked up *insert shit player here* and could've had Fantasia!'??

Stringer, McKenna, Francis IN

So who comes out now?

Smack, McNiece/Dea, ??? Goddard/Guelfi for a rest???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back