Preview Essendon vs Sydney, Docklands, Friday 27/07/18 @ 7:50 PM

How many will Buddy kick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooker relief ruck?

I know , not ideal but between Hooker and Brown they can cover. Sydney played two rucks last week but one of them was a first game player and before that they had used one main ruck against North.
I do not mind either way. If Stewart plays then so be it although he has been doing zero ruck work in the seconds. I do have a slight leaning towards playing Hartley on Buddy.

I’ve been hanging out for a Bombers Friday night game but now it’s here I wish this game was in a crappy time slot that I couldn’t watch. So desperate for a win I’ll be a nervous wreck watching.

I know , not ideal but between Hooker and Brown they can cover. Sydney played two rucks last week but one of them was a first game player and before that they had used one main ruck against North.
I do not mind either way. If Stewart plays then so be it although he has been doing zero ruck work in the seconds. I do have a slight leaning towards playing Hartley on Buddy.
And also, Hooker is a better ruck than Stewart. Daniher too. Just not as athletic which makes them better around the ground.

I feel like the chances of Francis coming in this week are slim to none. Not against Swans. The more I think about the more I like Hartley, Stringer and Mckenna in's for Mckernan, Colyer and someone else. Probably Dae. Would hate to see Guelfi or Mcneice get dropped but wouldn't be surprised if one had to make way for Mckenna.

Out: McKernan (inj) Colyer (super omit)
In: Hartley, Mutch (both in the bests for VFL)
Didn't Mutch cop a head knock late? Given his issues with headaches earlier this year I would think they'd give him the week off.

Didn't Mutch cop a head knock late? Given his issues with headaches earlier this year I would think they'd give him the week off.
VFL bye so that probably helps.

We're at the stage where we can expect a good performance on Friday. We've been that consistent. Works well when our midfield is posting numbers that I can't recall seeing from an Essendon side.

Whether our performance will get us the win however remains to be seen.

Zaharakis back is massive!

Bring Mutch, Long and Hartley in.

Gotta make sure we lower the eyes when hitting forwards. I liked Hooker forward and think that will happen again this week with Sydneys quick smalls.

Cant hack kick out of defensive 50. Would be happy to see Long come back and get pinged a few times for holding the ball then boot it long and have them re enter with ease.

This game will be won and lost on our discipline and execution of the magic game plan. No way will we win this by freeballing gun ho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon, just let me :drunk: a while

In: Draper (debut), McKenna, Ridley, Stringer
Out: Smack(inj), Colyer:)walking:), Goddard(rest), Dea(stiff)

Walla Draper Stringer
Zaha. Brown Fantasia
McKenna Merret Parish
McKenna Hurley Saad
McNeice Hooker Ridley
Foll: Bellch, Heppell, Smith
Bench: Bags, Myers, Langford, Guelfi
(Bellch~Draper 50/50 fwd/ruck)

They’ve lost 3/4, we’ve won 5/6. What’s so hard to believe?

Fair point just worried the loss to suns would have gave them the wake up call they needed wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Swans whack us all the bad things they did last week ie missing goals will magically click.

We really need to come out guns blazing and set the tone for the night

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back