Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Everything and anything about the amateurism that is ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton.

They have just started selling the top deck of the Ponsford Stand. Good seats available if ya quick.
Furious.
Brought mine 2 weeks ago.
Best available was Row V in the Great Southern Stand Q15.
Not that bad as I prefer to sit up top, but could have gotten a lot better still

Re: Everything and anything about the amateurism that is ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton.

First time for 10 years I'll miss the opennign game live. Thursday night so I have my daughter and its a school night. Fiance working , ex wife being a ..

Grrrr

Khan

Come on Khan - surely the daughter has got the tiger bug from Dad and for such a big occassion a big sleep in with bags and lunch packed the night before and last second rush to school would work! Hell - I did it for the first round of the NAB cup with three!!! The girl would be thrilled for such a special run with Dad!!!

Carn a Tigerrrs!!!!!

Furious.
Brought mine 2 weeks ago.
Best available was Row V in the Great Southern Stand Q15.
Not that bad as I prefer to sit up top, but could have gotten a lot better still

got mine 2 weeks ago too

ground level, on the wing 20 rows back, AFL membership is worth every dollar. Also picked up 3 guest passes for mates

Ticket information: round one

* RSS
* - Font
* + Font
* Print

4:30 PM Mon 23 March, 2009

Today's headlines

* Ticket information: round one
Mon, Mar 23, 09
* Tigers on the radio
Sun, Mar 22, 09
* Connex Tigers Development Clinic
Fri, Mar 20, 09

Today's videos

* Season Preview: WCE WB
Mon, Mar 23, 09
* Season Preview: Adel and Bris
Mon, Mar 23, 09
* Season Preview: Carl Coll
Mon, Mar 23, 09

Tickets to Thursday night’s Richmond v Carlton game at the MCG have almost sold out.

Members are encouraged to purchase a reserved seat prior to them selling out to avoid disappointment.

Reserved seats can be purchased through Ticketek on 132 849, online at www.ticketek.com.au or via any Ticketek outlet.

General admission tickets will not be available on the night of the match (this includes 11 or 17 game members without reserved seats).

Entry procedures are as normal for members who hold a 2009 Richmond season reserved seat.

Tickets to Thursday night’s Richmond v Carlton game at the MCG have almost sold out.

Members are encouraged to purchase a reserved seat prior to them selling out to avoid disappointment.

Reserved seats can be purchased through Ticketek on 132 849, online at www.ticketek.com.au or via any Ticketek outlet.

General admission tickets will not be available on the night of the match (this includes 11 or 17 game members without reserved seats).

Entry procedures are as normal for members who hold a 2009 Richmond season reserved seat.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/73587/default.aspx

Wait a second. So even though I'm a member and have therefore already paid to attend this game, I now have to pay extra for a reserved seat or I won't get in?
It does say on your membership card that entry is subject to capacity and with a membership it costs like $13 for a reserve seat

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/73587/default.aspx

What a atmosphere there will be! :thumbsu:

THURSDAY night's blockbuster between Richmond and Carlton is likely to sell out today with fewer than 5000 general admission tickets still available.

And scalpers are trying to cash in, with asking prices for some tickets fetching $220 on the internet last night.

With the much-anticipated game being held on Thursday night, contingency plans are also being put in place to manage the saturation of people to the MCG during peak hour road and rail traffic. The game features former West Coast captains and premiership teammates Ben Cousins and Chris Judd playing against one another.

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said yesterday that between 4000 and 5000 tickets were still available to the public, with at least 85,000 expected to attend.

Full article: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/ne...s-sellout-looms/2009/03/23/1237656851189.html

THURSDAY night's blockbuster between Richmond and Carlton is likely to sell out today with fewer than 5000 general admission tickets still available.

And scalpers are trying to cash in, with asking prices for some tickets fetching $220 on the internet last night.

With the much-anticipated game being held on Thursday night, contingency plans are also being put in place to manage the saturation of people to the MCG during peak hour road and rail traffic. The game features former West Coast captains and premiership teammates Ben Cousins and Chris Judd playing against one another.

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said yesterday that between 4000 and 5000 tickets were still available to the public, with at least 85,000 expected to attend.

Full article: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/ne...s-sellout-looms/2009/03/23/1237656851189.html

PHX I'm planning on just rocking up on the night and standing in the southern stand on the flank (my usual). Do you know if I will be able to do this still?

PHX I'm planning on just rocking up on the night and standing in the southern stand on the flank (my usual). Do you know if I will be able to do this still?

I am not sure BOPPER, the Richmondfc site says there will be no GA on the night, which would suggest not, however as far as I'm aware they have not started selling standing room tickets yet, so until then all you can do, is sit on your hands.

Just checked Ticketek and you cant buy tickets of any kind at the moment, so at the moment there is nothing you can do, for now.

I am not sure BOPPER, the Richmondfc site says there will be no GA on the night, which would suggest not, however as far as I'm aware they have not started selling standing room tickets yet, so until then all you can do, is sit on your hands.

Just checked Ticketek and you cant buy tickets of any kind at the moment, so at the moment there is nothing you can do, for now.

Just tried to buy a reserved seat with my membership no love two worst words in the english language allocation exhausted

Just tried to buy a reserved seat with my membership no love two worst words in the english language allocation exhausted

It's been doing that for a few days now at different times. There should be more tickets of some kind coming back up soon given precedent over the past few days, just keep an eye on it.

I'm trying to get some info for those, like BOPPER, who don't have a reserved seat yet but only want to stand anyway, about what your situation is for Friday in getting standing room tickets.

It's been doing that for a few days now at different times. There should be more tickets of some kind coming back up soon given precedent over the past few days, just keep an eye on it.

I'm trying to get some info for those, like BOPPER, who don't have a reserved seat yet but only want to stand anyway, about what your situation is for Friday in getting standing room tickets.

Just went to my local ticketek to buy a reserved seat. None available but I asked if I could buy standing room on the night. The salesperson assured me that I could, however upon double checking with an MCG phone operator I was informed that I would need to buy a reserved seat as my only way in.

Conflicting.....

Could it be that the MCG just want to make more money by directing people to buy a reserved seat to pursuade people from just turning up and paying less?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly, but if anything it would be Ticketek who would also want as many as possible pre-booked seats so they get a bigger cut via booking fees, which they don;t get if you walk up to the gate.

hey guys i bought 2 reserved tickets yesterday at my local ticketek outlet at a newsagency in the northern suburbs. No problems 26 bux even though i got a adult 17 membership i will try getting in with my membership if i do i will sell the reserved ticket at the door for wot i got it 4.:thumbsu:

they may be saving the standing room areas for walk up members, as this is what they are doing in the AFL reserve.

Also more tickets could go on sale thursday morning if carlton or richmond release any seats they were holding for potential reserved seat members, if you dont have a ticket your gona need to get lucky to be able to go now

Despite still "single seats" available on ticketek it seems CarltonFC think it's as good enough to call sold out.

Aphrodite said:
Richmond v Carlton SOLD OUT

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/season2008/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/73631/default.aspx

The MCC has today, 24th March, confirmed that our away game against Richmond this Thursday night has sold out.

Members who have purchased tickets through Ticketek or have purchased our away season reserved seating package will simply be able to scan their ticket or membership card at the turnstiles.

Any member who has not secured themselves a reserved seat for this match is advised that there are no tickets available and there will be no opportunity to purchase tickets at the gate or scan in for general admission.

I was shocked to just receive a phone call from our membership department telling me to book the reserved tickets they are about to release their last block online now and to not leave it to the day.

The tickets being released now are tickets that have been released by the RFC membership team that are not being used by reserved seat holders.

So if you want tickets get them now. I'm having plenty come up now in rows up to 4 but they're premium priced seats.

GOod luck.

I was shocked to just receive a phone call from our membership department telling me to book the reserved tickets they are about to release their last block online now and to not leave it to the day.

The tickets being released now are tickets that have been released by the RFC membership team that are not being used by reserved seat holders.

So if you want tickets get them now. I'm having plenty come up now in rows up to 4 but they're premium priced seats.

GOod luck.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25235171-19742,00.html?from=public_rss

THE opening match of the footy season, between traditional rivals Richmond and Carlton, has been officially declared a sell-out.
The AFL announced moments ago that all remaining tickets in the AFL members and public sections of the ground have been sold for the blockbuster match.
The MCG match, which sees former West Coast teammates Ben Cousins and Chris Judd face each other for the first time since winning the flag in 2006, has been eagerly anticipated since Cousins was drafted by Richmond in December.
The AFL has yet to announce whether this means Channel 10 will show the game live.

What the ticketek site says now:

Great Southern Stand Limited seats only
Olympic Stand Available
Ponsford Stand Available
Premium Seating Available
Reserved Seating Available

????

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back